Extended Evening Hours

I don't want to spread rumors, but someone on my Polynesian discussion board on FB said that they were staying at the Poly last week, and MK had extended hours three nights (Sun, Mon, Wed - the nights that weren't Boo bash) and they were not publicized. The only reason they knew was that the bus stop screen displayed it. But it was in fact the same deal - magicband scanned to make sure you're deluxe. So take that for what it's worth. I'll be staying at the Poly in a couple weeks and I'll for sure glance at the screens!

I don't want to spread rumors, but someone on my Polynesian discussion board on FB said that they were staying at the Poly last week, and MK had extended hours three nights (Sun, Mon, Wed - the nights that weren't Boo bash) and they were not publicized. The only reason they knew was that the bus stop screen displayed it. But it was in fact the same deal - magicband scanned to make sure you're deluxe. So take that for what it's worth. I'll be staying at the Poly in a couple weeks and I'll for sure glance at the screens!
Why would Disney pay to keep a park open and not tell anyone about it except on bus signs?

Hmm, "last week", Sunday and Monday would have been the tail end of the Anniversary weekend - and Magic Kingdom hours were indeed expanded to 11pm those nights. Just not limited to deluxe guests, I don't think.

So bad timing I guess, we booked deluxe at BWI and are eligible for EEH but........ we fly in on Thursday and out on Monday so we wont get to enjoy any!!! Anyone know if they would add more nights? I would love to experience this!!!!

I’m in the same boat. I’m usually a moderate loyalist, but we’re splurging for Christmas this year to fulfill my bucket list item of staying at Wilderness Lodge for Christmas. A crazy expensive wish considering it wasn’t included in the minimal discounts they’re doing for that time of year lol. But it stings a little that we’re paying that much but staying Thursday through Sunday. I’m still crossing my fingers that since it’s over two months away there will be an expansion during the busy holiday season. 😞

Has anyone tried using ENH on your checkout day yet? I can’t remember if it was this thread or a different one where we were talking about it?! I’m still curious if it works!

Do you have to have a park reservation for the extended evening hours? For example, we’re at boardwalk on Monday when there are extended evening hours at epcot. We’re planning on doing something else off property that day. Can we go to epcot extended hours if I don’t have a reservation fir epcot that day?

Do you have to have a park reservation for the extended evening hours? For example, we’re at boardwalk on Monday when there are extended evening hours at epcot. We’re planning on doing something else off property that day. Can we go to epcot extended hours if I don’t have a reservation fir epcot that day?
The only ways to enter any park is to:
- have a reservation for that park, OR
- have another park reservation, enter that park at some point, and then it is ok to "hop" to any other park, assuming you have a ticket that lets you hop.

Hmm, "last week", Sunday and Monday would have been the tail end of the Anniversary weekend - and Magic Kingdom hours were indeed expanded to 11pm those nights. Just not limited to deluxe guests, I don't think.
Ahh, this makes sense.

Looking forward to hearing more reports on this prior to our trip in March… would love a night at HS!

I think it’s highly unlikely that Disney will add DHS and AK to this program. That would just cost them money, and we all know that that’s not how Disney rolls these days.

Right now, they have extended hours on Monday and Wednesday. That’s no coincidence. It means that anyone who schedules a weekend trip—or even a long weekend trip— can’t take advantage of this perk. Thus, guests have to extend their deluxe stays in order to get the full benefits of staying deluxe. That makes money for Disney. Adding additional parks, especially on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, does not.

We were able to hop with an AP for Epcot extended evening hours.

We were able to hop with an AP for Epcot extended evening hours.
To me, hopping implies that you had some park reservation that you used earlier in the day. To previous poster made it sound like they did not want to have a park reservation for the day, just wanted to show up at Epcot for the extended hours. I don't think you can do that.

To me, hopping implies that you had some park reservation that you used earlier in the day. To previous poster made it sound like they did not want to have a park reservation for the day, just wanted to show up at Epcot for the extended hours. I don't think you can do that.
No, you have to have valid park admission and park pass for extended hours. The Disney website says:
  • Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours–or, Guests may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or annual pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park where they made their reservation.

I think it’s highly unlikely that Disney will add DHS and AK to this program. That would just cost them money, and we all know that that’s not how Disney rolls these days.

Right now, they have extended hours on Monday and Wednesday. That’s no coincidence. It means that anyone who schedules a weekend trip—or even a long weekend trip— can’t take advantage of this perk. Thus, guests have to extend their deluxe stays in order to get the full benefits of staying deluxe. That makes money for Disney. Adding additional parks, especially on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, does not.
Then I vote for HS for Tuesdays. 😁

For those who have been at epcot extended hours, are there still food locations open?
Like could we get a margarita in Mexico or a Grand Marnier slushie in France?
(I understand festival food booths will be closed but what about regular world showcase food places?)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter