Fabian

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
First of all for anyone in Fabians path may god be with you and see you through....

Secondly we will be departing for Orlando on 9/13. Does anyone know if this hurricane will still be a threat or if I can expect poor weather due to it....I looked at the 10 day forecast at www.theweatherchannel.com and it appears to be nothing but rain and storms now through 9/11.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am a Weather Channel junkie, and as of right now, it will be no where near Florida if it keeps on the track they are suggesting. Other than some high surf, they aren't even calling for any rain that will be associated with Fabian. This was good news to me as DH and I are arriving in Orlando this Friday!!

All the computer models now show Fabian being no threat to Florida (Bermuda looks like it might be in for some trouble though). The weather in Florida this time of year includes plenty of thunderstorms (possibly everyday), but it is not likely to be all day. A "typical" day would be sunny and hot in the morning, with increasing clouds as the day goes on. Mid-afternoon, it will rain very hard, often accompanied by a spectacular lightning show. Then the rain will stop and the evening will be dry (albeit very humid).

Your best bet is to catch the local weather each evening and plan your following day accordingly. It's not usually that bad, honest!

Hope this helps!
Mike

I forgot to mention that Fabian could actually be good news for Orlando weather. Powerful Hurricanes like this tend to "suck in" a lot of clouds, leaving clear skies in the surrounding regions. The weather in South Florida the day before Andrew hit was great - not a cloud in the sky. You would not have known that this massive storm was coming if it were not for the news reports.

Mike

Thanks for the replies....I felt like a heel asking that question when such hard times are ahead for people in the path, but I just wanted to pack accordingly.

Thanks again.

I leave Cape Cod for DW on Friday for 5 days. So it is a question of does it get me in FLorida or does it get me on the Cape?
I for one hope it does suck out all the moisture from Orlando while I'm there but the reports don't look that way.

The reports I see show Fabian continuing to be pushed east as the weekend approaches. Bermuda looks like the most likely target at this point. By late weekend, it looks like Nova Scotia could be the target but the Canadian front coming down from the northwest continues to push it east....away from land. Let's just hope that continues and no land is jeopardized. I'm sure there will be some rougher than normal surf along the coast this weekend but hopefully it won't be too bad. Looks like Orlando will be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter