Fall 2010 Professional Internships

I am confused...

One some of the postings, it states:

Materials Required:

College transcripts (official or unofficial)

So, do I attach a transcript with my resume, or wait on sending that until they ask?

Thanks! :)

Last session I received a separate request for my transcripts from the Finance Department after my 1st interview but before the 2nd interview. It was not something that went in with my app.

Hey guys,

CP alum, graduating in May (thank god) and so anxious for PIs to post.

I applied for 2 MIs and I'm planning on apply for 3-4 PIs. They are all directly related to my experience and degree. I had heard that you are not encourage to apply to more than 3-4, but if they are all clearly relevant do you think applying to a couple more will "hurt" you?

As a current CM I use the internal process: I have my seven different resumes saved to my profile. Then when I apply for a role I select the Resume I want and then upload a new Cover Letter written specifically for that role.

It's been a long time since I used the external process, but I'm thinking it's the same way?

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping to apply starting Saturday...maybe by then there will be even more posted.

Brenna, I'm a current Cast Member at the moment, (Seasonal), and I'm wondering if I can use either process. I've been crazy busy with school and work this week, so I haven't created a profile yet. Are they both through the same job site, or is there a separate portal on the hub somewhere? I suppose it might not matter too much either way in the end.

Alright Fall 2010 PI hopefuls! It's been a while since I've been active on this site, so I guess I should reintroduce myself. I'm Caitee, and I was a CP during Spring 2009. I worked a couple of different places in the Magic Kingdom and I absolutely love it! I'm planning on applying for the Operations Management Internship and possibly the Food & Beverage Management Internship. I really want to apply for the PI that works with the Y.E.S. Programs, but I think it is only available in the spring. We'll see!

Are any of the rest of you former CP's? If so, where did you work?

Brenna, I'm a current Cast Member at the moment, (Seasonal), and I'm wondering if I can use either process. I've been crazy busy with school and work this week, so I haven't created a profile yet. Are they both through the same job site, or is there a separate portal on the hub somewhere? I suppose it might not matter too much either way in the end.

It depends on where the job is posted, some are posted internally, some externally and some both.

If it posts internally then I would apply for it that way. But from my experience, the majority of them post externally so you'd have to apply through Disneycareers.com.

It depends on where the job is posted, some are posted internally, some externally and some both.

If it posts internally then I would apply for it that way. But from my experience, the majority of them post externally so you'd have to apply through Disneycareers.com.

Thank you. I've been having a hard time with all of this because I'm so far away from Florida right now! My leaders want to and are willing to help me get an PI, but there is only so much I can do over email, unfortunately. Thank goodness for these boards, at least I can get some questions answered!

What does the phone screening consist of? I know its essentially a first cut interview but I am wondering what to expect? Job history? Full fledged situationals?

Does anyone know when the Graphic Design and Imagineering Internships post?

Thanks everyone!

Hi can someone help me? I am sort of confused with these PI's. I looked at the site and I saw three different internship programs(DL, Walt Disney Imagineering, WDW). Does anyone know the differences between these programs? Also I am an engineer major and didn't do the CP. Thank you! :)

Hi can someone help me? I am sort of confused with these PI's. I looked at the site and I saw three different internship programs(DL, Walt Disney Imagineering, WDW). Does anyone know the differences between these programs? Also I am an engineer major and didn't do the CP. Thank you! :)

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is proud to offer Disney Professional Internship programs at three of our domestic locations:
  • Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, Calif.)
  • Walt Disney World Resort (Lake Buena Vista, Fla.)
  • Walt Disney Imagineering (Glendale, Calif./Anaheim, Calif./Bay Lake, Fla.)

In addition to the different locations, each of the three worksites offer slightly different Disney Professional Internship opportunities.

The Walt Disney World Resort generally offers the widest array of opportunities, while the Disneyland Resort generally does not require Participants to have previously completed the Disney College Program. Walt Disney Imagineering generally has the fewest number of internships, most of them in Engineering and related fields.

Oh thanks a lot for the information! Do you know when the Walt Disney Imagineering internships come out?

Walt Disney Imagineering will generally post Disney Professional Internships on a as-needed basis through DisneyCareers.com.

They also offer their ImagiNations competition, the winners of which will be considered for internship opportunities, Disney Professional Internship and otherwise, with that organization. In addition, all qualified applicants will be considered for internship opportunities throughout The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies.

Oh sweet. Do the engineer internships require the CP? And also when can people start applying for that internship? Thanks!

Oh sweet. Do the engineer internships require the CP? And also when can people start applying for that internship? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they are not alumni based, but if you are in the running with someone else and they can't decide, if they did the CP they might have a better chance.

Hopefully they would post the spots in the coming week, although sometimes they are late. It should be within the month though.

What exactly is the Professional Internship? Like, what do you do?

I am still in College and I am doing the Disney College Program. I have a major in journalism with a minor in english. Do they have anything for that?

I have a management screening interview on Monday. I am really excited. :banana::banana:

The Professional Internships are internships that you can do at WDW (or other parts) that specialize in your general area of education. They do have communication ones. Google "Disney Professional Internships" and you will get the site. Check that out for the information. There should be a lot more internship postings in the next couple of weeks, don't get discouraged if nothing is up yet in your area.

There are some Fall'10 PI's up on the website today. Let the fun begin! Good luck everyone.

Yeah, saw the ones posted today and applied for a couple. I had my MI screening two days ago.

Any clue when alumni-only's are posting? thats the last thing I'm going to submit an app for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter