Family of boy killed on bike at FW suing WDW

I blame Obama. This sort of thing never happened while Chester A. Arthur was president.

:eek: OMG.. Is that a political commentary?...:faint:

:listen: I think I hear sirens. Dis Jail is tough. pirate: ask poor Frank. He was sent up the river..or is that down the river :confused:..that has always confused me. Then again..it doesn't take much. :laughing:

I blame the media. This never happened before CNN and The National Enquirer came along. Maybe it's all Rupert Murdock's fault.

I've walked in their shoes.

:hug:

Auntie,
I was so very sad to read about you losing your daughter AND the horrible accident you and your children were involved in.:hug: You could have lashed out so many times at some of these posts, but you always replied with such kindness. That says a LOT about you and your character. You are one CLASSY lady.:thumbsup2

Again, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I admire you and am inspired by the gracious way you handled yourself.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Absolutely agree.

Well, I still have a heckuvalot more I could say but as another poster stated we will just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. :thumbsup2

This sort of thing never happened while Chester A. Arthur was president.

chester_a_arthur.jpg

No problem. I can do that. Hey, we all bring our own perspectives to any topic. It's what makes us who we are and certainly makes for a more interesting discussion. If we all felt the same way about everything this forum would be incredibly boring.

You are amazing, woman! I know, I know...you aren't "trying" to garner respect w/ your posts, etc. BUT OMG, you just keep teaching me lesson after lesson. I sure hope I can adopt your grace and humility!!!!

So good to see everyone playing nice again. Gives me a big ole fort fuzzy!!!!:rotfl:

So, what thread are we all going to comment on now????? I think this one's done. ;)

Happy Monday, everybody!!!!
:cutie:

You are amazing, woman! I know, I know...you aren't "trying" to garner respect w/ your posts, etc. BUT OMG, you just keep teaching me lesson after lesson. I sure hope I can adopt your grace and humility!!!!

So good to see everyone playing nice again. Gives me a big ole fort fuzzy!!!!:rotfl:

So, what thread are we all going to comment on now????? I think this one's done. ;)

Happy Monday, everybody!!!!
:cutie:

Auntie is one of the coolest people I never met. :thumbsup2

Auntie is one of the coolest people I ever met .

And no saggy tags.
(as we've heard)

Auntie is one of the coolest people I never met. :thumbsup2

I have had the pleasure of meeting our Auntie, and she is definitely one classy and gracious person. She also has a heart made of pure gold! To quote Auntie herself, "Ya just can't make this stuff up!" :thumbsup2

I am a member of the Van Buren Boys, but I will never reveal the secret sign.

With all due respect..those are "facts" as you see them. Again, we all bring our own persepective to things.

A couple of things. One,... I've put a child in the ground. I know what that's like.

Two..
The idea that this family would have a lawyer after such a tragedy..doesn't make them bad people who were instantly thinking about the $$$ before their child was in the ground.

Several years after our older daughter passed away, my children and I were hit by a car driven by an elederly driver (88), who lost control of his vehicle while pulling into a gas station. (he hit the gas instead of the brakes..very common especially with older folks)This while on route to Disney World for a family vacation. My kids were three and and seven at the time. We had pulled off the highway, and into the nearest gas station because we were having car trouble.
My then three year old son, was air lifted and flown to Childrens National Medical Center in DC..and my daughter was taken to a local hospital by ambulance. Our older son, was traumatized, as it was he and his father who pushed this mans car off of us, while I screamed and banged on the hood for him to back up, as we were pinned against the office wall.
Short story..my son was rushed into surgery and spent three months in a body cast, and the rest of the year learning to walk again. He has scars on his leg that will never go away from tears and avulsions that took MONTHS to heal. My daughter has a permanent injury to her right leg from the swelling that occured.

Trust me, I know all to well, what it's like to be on the receiving end of some of the accusatory insinuations much like the ones heard here.

"Mrs. Smith..if you saw the car...why is it you didn't place yourself in front of the children so as to prevent their injuries?"...
(gotta love that one):scratchin Umm..I'm not superwoman, but I live with guilt everyday. Thanks for asking. :headache:
Or another good one was....
"Mrs. Smith...why, didn't you take your children to the park directly across the street from the gas station, while your husband tended to the car?Wouldn't that have been safer for the children.?":confused:
:scratchin Let me see, I really wanted for my children to be crushed against a wall, and watch as my son's guts spread out onto the road. :rolleyes1

Excuse me, but I can't help but hear just an inkling of this familiar superior tone expressed in some of the posts here. The insinuation by some that the parents weren't diligent enough in caring for their child. That's rubish.

I was lucky enough to have an attorney there by the time my boy came out of surgery. MY BROTHER is an attorney. Now, granted, truth be told.. he's not always my favorite person either..:rolleyes1 but that has nothing to do with his profession.
Yes, he was clear thinking..he wasn't emotional..(okay, he was a little emotional as his daughter looks like my son's twin)..As my boy lay in his hospital bed, he told me not to worry about ANYTHING..but getting my kids the help they needed. That he would handle everything else. He did. He was at the scene taking pictures before it was twenty fours old and before anything could be conveniently moved. He hired attorneys from Maryland that would later continue our case.
Now before you think we walked away with a boatload of cash..we didn't. We settled, because it could go on forever...and it did.:headache: My son has enough to get through school..and we're talkin' a state school. Only you know what really came of it...
The gas station where my kids were hurt..had to close the damn snack shop they had and put back a safe waiting area for it's customers.:thumbsup2 Imagine, no one else will have to look at their childs guts on the ground.

Look folks, all I'm saying..is that there are a lot of variables here that we aren't privy to. Believe me..there are details regarding this accident none of us know. I will not bash the parents because they had the good sense..yes, even in their grief..to hire a lawyer. I believe that likely a friend or family member said to them...."I'll take care of it, you take care of your family."

I'm just sayin' there's A LOT out there that we just don't know about. Much of which will come out in depositions. Sure, it's likely it will never go to court. Now, maybe they'll get something, maybe they won't. Only I won't pass judgement on their character based on what I've read here. I've walked in their shoes.

First please let me say I am so sorry for your loss. No parent should ever have to bury a child!

Second, I do not think your situation really compares to this (meaning you did not leave your children there alone to stand and wait) but like others I will agree to disagree.

Yes my other half and I were at Disney this past week for Halloween and there was a group of kids (with adults) about 12 of them riding on the side walk and without looking one of them just turned in front of our truck pulling tagalong travel trailer and when we were able to stop we were probably 1 foot from the child, People just do not watch their children, I mean she didnt even look if it werent for my other halfs quick response to stop the truck and trailer there would have been another incident. Again, it would be a family trying to blame Disney for the stupidity of the child or adult with the child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter