Famous Last Words: "You muppet, it won't be busy today!" - October 2013! *NEW 24/6 p5

Chapter 30: An evening on the track featuring golf and slushees
Sunday 20 October

Back at Coronado Springs, we got ready for the evening and strolled through the Cabanas section on our way to the Pepper Market.

2d194c6.jpg

eas13a.jpg

2qu0i0i.jpg

At the Pepper Market, I of course had chicken alfredo and hot chocolate.

pepper market seems to go through sequences of good/bad nights

This night was definitely a good night. I can't remember if the last night we ate here was a bad night or if I was just referring to the morning.

the music in the pepper market randomly changes from the themed Spanish music to the tiki room soundtrack lol what

This was so confusing! I think I'd only noticed it once before but it kept happening this night. The Tiki Room music is all Hawaiian-y so it just did not make sense playing it with the nice Spanish music. It was pretty funny though.

We finished up and started the drive to Kissimmee. It was time for our traditional Fun Spot USA visit.

At the Kissimmee Fun Spot, the main attraction for my brother and I are the four go-karting tracks, but there are also a lot of other rides so we both got the unlimited band. We had several shots on each go kart track.

seeing people from home in florida is really weird

A boy in my class and his brother happened to also be at the go karts the same time as us. I sort of did a double take when I saw him. I knew he'd left for Florida a week before I did because he missed a week of school, but it hadn't crossed my mind I might bump into him. I don't know him very well as he was shifted into my class along with a bunch of other people a couple of months before but it's still pretty strange. It's like that with anyone I see from home; it just doesn't seem natural. At least it wasn't in the parks. :laughing:

We did some of the rides after. One called Spinning Bobs or something like that was my favourite. There was also one, I can't remember the name, which was exactly the same as Primeval Whirl. As in, the track layout of Primeval Whirl and this ride were actually identical apart from the names and obviously the dinosaur theming. I thought Disney originally designed all of their rides so that was strange. I found this picture on the internet which might make it a bit easier to understand what I'm saying:

142usi.jpg

Pirates Cove Adventure Golf is right next door to Fun Spot so we played a round. I got a hole in one and won a coin for a free round. We never got a chance to use it however. :sad1: Unfortunately there was some really slow and also quite rude people from England playing in front of us. We started playing one of the last holes before they'd finished because we didn't actually realise that once the ball went into the hole, it went down onto this lower green where the hole finished (you had to go down some stairs to get to it), and we couldn't see that from up at the start of the hole. One of the women made an accusing comment to me like "we hadn’t actually finished playing the last hole when you started" and I just apologised because it was a genuine mistake. Still, there was no need.

We crossed back over to Fun Spot and spent some more time karting. It must have been around 10pm when we decided to leave. My hands felt so disgusting and I hate having dirty hands so I went inside to the arcade bit in search of a toilet. There's a little snack bar in there and of course I noticed the slushee machine. I asked mum if I could have one and I was really surprised when she told me to go ahead and have what I wanted. It's never too late for a slushee. This was slushee number eight and I think it was a mix of the two flavours they had.

I've had so many slushees this week it’s unreal

8 slushees in 8 days is kind of crazy.

Day 8 roundup
Weather: Cooler than previous days but lovely in the evening
Favourite attraction: go karts
Favourite food/drink: Ice cream sandwich and either hot chocolate or my slushee
High point: our chilled morning at Blizzard Beach
Low point: rude people at Pirates Cove

Continued in next post >>>

Chapter 31: Back to SeaWorld
Monday 21 October

On this day we were off on our first SeaWorld visit since 2009! And we didn't get lost driving there. We were on a roll.

moqvb.jpg

We arrived before opening and were in the middle of getting our tickets scanned by the attendant when this announcement came over, and he apologised and stopped what he was doing. So did every other American going about. Then the national anthem or whatever started playing and they all started singing along with their hands over their hearts. It was just so awkward. Like we do not do anything like that in Scotland. It was funny in a not funny kind of way. I was just like: :confused3

Once we got into the park we went straight to Manta.

ip84dx.jpg

Me, dad, and my brother rode together once. Mum didn't ride because the first time we were here, it took about three times for the ride to get started whilst we were on it so that put her off. Dad convinced me to ride with him a second time which was a bad idea. I started feeling unwell as soon as the seats were tilted upwards and pressure was put on my middle. I was just trying to breathe calmly while the ride was actually going but once it was over our vehicle took forever to get back into the loading dock and I was so close to being sick. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever felt ill on a rollercoaster. Riding twice in a row was just far too much pressure on my stomach.

After I had a seat for a minute, we went to the new Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin attraction. I can't remember the ride because I was just focusing on not being sick. I do think my dad made us ride the "wild" side which probably did not help.

I did meet Puck the penguin afterwards, though:

21ju42s.jpg

My brother and dad rode Journey to Atlantis and I sat with mum and had some grapes. I wasn't riding because first of all I was still feeling a bit off and also because it is a terrible ride. :laughing:

nb96og.jpg

Once they got off, we walked back through the park to the Dolphin Stadium to watch Blue Horizons.

zsnuah.jpg

3340w7d.jpg

famubt.jpg

After the show, we got in line for Turtle Trek, another attraction we'd never done before. It was cool. Or the 5 minutes of the show I saw were cool anyway. I was sitting down, it was dark, so I fell asleep.

After a look in some shops, we went to the back of the park to the sea lions exhibit. Unfortunately the Clyde and Seamore show was closed, so we continued walking round and the rest of my family got some Dippin' Dots. We made it in time for a showing of the acrobatics thing in the Nautilus Theatre. Except the first few minutes was telling a story about some fisherman and I was so confused so I fell asleep again right up until the show finished. :rotfl:

It was almost time for the next Shamu show so we headed to the stadium.

Chapter 32: One people, one planet, one ocean
Monday 21 October

It was so crowded trying to get into the stadium. However, we found a space easily enough. (Not in the splash zone. No way.)

Mum and I went back out to one of the little stadium refreshment shops and I am 99.9% sure I had another slushee. I have a really vivid memory of walking out of the stadium with an empty slushee cup. And I actually think mum had a frozen lemonade as well. Okay, yeah. Let's make that slushee number nine, and it was all different flavours because they had the machine things like at Busch Gardens.

We got back to our seats in time for the show starting. I was really starting to like it during the introduction and One Song beginning. Then the Frolic section started and I completely fell in love with this whole show. Especially the soundtrack.

ao3wuw.jpg

35mmgrq.jpg

I was just really loving the music and all the whale tricks; I didn't want the show to end. On the way out of the stadium, the pop version of One Song was playing, and I was just singing it over and over in my head as well as Frolic because that song is my favourite.

We walked over the lagoon thing beside the stadium where they were putting up CHRISTMAS TREES. Halloween hadn't even passed yet! What even.

We rode Kraken and I had my skull smashed into a million pieces.

33421lg.jpg

Finally, we went to the Wild Arctic area. I've never done the ride here before and I couldn't remember the area at all. We rode the simulator ride thing which was shockingly bad. My parents remember riding this when they first visited Orlando in the early 90s and it can't have been updated since then. :laughing:
I bought some really nice popcorn in the dump shop and then we left the park.

2q2mzoj.jpg

Hi there,

I am really enjoying your report. My sister and I were there at the same time as you. Your pictures are wonderful. Really artistic! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter