Fantasmic! or World Of Color-Season Of Light

maleficent55

DIS Veteran
which would you take a first timer to Disneyland to in November?

For the sake of argument, I'm going to assume F! will be up and running by November.
My cousin is meeting us and she has a total of 2 nights. I'm saving fireworks for her last night, Walt's Goodnight Kiss, and don't want to combine it with F! because her and I will stake out a spot early enough to have a GREAT castle view and enjoy some snacks while we wait.

So this is just Fantasmic! vs WOC. Which would you pick for first timer and why?

Gonna give you two perspectives.

I personally like Fantasmic more. The mix of actors, water projections and props make it much better imo than WoC. Which while nice, gets a bit long for me.

My bff prefers WoC because they really really love water shows and projections.

I wouldn’t save fireworks for last because they easily could be cancelled last minute. I would be so sad to deliberately skip them and then have the next night be cancelled.

I would choose Fantasmic over WOC.
That’s true! I didn’t think about that, which I usually do but because it’s not MY last night, but it is HER last night I think it was just forgotten by me…

Always Fantasmic! Never liked WOC in any of its versions. Probably seen Fantasmic more than ten times (I’m not local ) and will always be grateful I was at the very last show before Murph bit the dust. I do hope they bring it back bigger and better than before. And IMHO it’s a trillion times before than WDW…you just can‘t beat the intimacy of Rivers of America.

Always Fantasmic! Never liked WOC in any of its versions. Probably seen Fantasmic more than ten times (I’m not local ) and will always be grateful I was at the very last show before Murph bit the dust. I do hope they bring it back bigger and better than before. And IMHO it’s a trillion times before than WDW…you just can‘t beat the intimacy of Rivers of America.
Spoiler...

Not to mention
the ships.

Definitely Fantasmic! There is a reason it has been around so long and still gets people to stake out seats and buy special meals for reserved seating. WOC is beautiful, but Fantasmic! is in a class of it's own. I would even choose the WDW version over WOC and the DL version is superior to the WDW version.

That’s true! I didn’t think about that, which I usually do but because it’s not MY last night, but it is HER last night I think it was just forgotten by me…
I know it’s incredibly unpredictable, but don’t do fireworks, probably go down more often in the spring when there’s more wind above?
I would think they would be cancelled less in November

I used to say F! But now you have to buy an expensive meal plan to sit down up front. Dumb. At least with WOC, you can get a pass and line up to get a good spot. At least it used to be that way - they may have added a G+ to that, too. Always looking for the $$$.

Personally, I love the WOC - Seasons of Light. It's very Christmas-y. Puts you in the holiday mood.

Has Fantasmic! resumed yet? We are from Canada and planning to go during Christmas.

I wouldnt save Fireworks for the last day you never know if they will be canceled etc. I got teary eyed when Mickey finally took Murray down & Fantasmic! went down knowing it wasnt going to be part of our trip was a HUGE deciding factor(well that and peter pan also being down)in pushing our trip into a holiday one. With all that said it might still be down so I am not holding my breath.

I have never seen WOC & am planning on doing a dessert party but I wouldnt of gotten emotional if it went down during my visit -- so that says a lot. I have heard they do it rain or shine so you have no problem with it being canceled. I would book the dessert party(or plan on just securing a spot) and then wait to hear if F! is back and running & you will have plenty of time to cancel.

Like someone mentioned you could technically try to hit up both fireworks & F! in one night if you move fast and dont try to secure early spots. If I only had 2 days I wouldnt waste time staking out a spot to either & if F! is back and running you could do one of the reserved dining to get a spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter