Fantasmic Reservation for 4 people now 3 people

mimmiepnp

DIS Veteran
My DM recenly had 2 heart surgeries in the recent two months and unfortunately will not be coming on vacation with us this year.

Since we had to provide a credit card to guarantee this reservation for the Fantasmic Package, do I need to call and modify our reservation down to 3 peope. I am afraid that at 59 days out we we lose the reservation if I have to cancel and make a new one.

Do I get charged something if I made a reservation for 4 but only 3 show up at Mamma Melrose? Or can I just keep it the way that it is?

I am not 100% sure but I made ressies for our Sept trip and my inlaws are thinking about going for some of the days and wanted to eat at two of the places we are going. I called MS and asked if one of them was to become ill or not be able to make it and it was only 4 showing up instead of 6 if we would be turned away or charged for them, MS said we would be fine as long as it was not a credit card reservation like with the fantasmic packages. I didn't ask what that meant, so you might call and ask about it or maybe another Diser will have more info about this.:confused3

it is a $10 per person charge for no-show if you don't cancel at least 48 hours before your reservation (that's what the credit card hold is for...if you don't show up, they ding your credit card.)

I guess I'd wait until 3 days before to call & cancel one person. You never know, you might need that seat.:thumbsup2

DB has decided to join us in Sept and I can't get our MMFP changed. What do you think would happen if I just showed up with 3 people instead of 2?

I just changed my Mama Melrose's Fantasmic package reservation from 4 people to 2. The CM that I spoke with said that I may have been charged for the 2 other people if they didn't show up. Not sure if this is because of the Fantasmic package or what but I'm just glad that I was a good little girl and dropped the extra two people.

BTW: I had a moment of sheer panic when I asked the CM to see if there was a later dining reservation since I have a 3:40 "dinner". She didn't see anything later and went back to my ressie and couldn't find it. I thought that she had cancelled it and in that split second someone had snatched it up! After a few tense moments she was able to put my party of 2 back in and keep the time slot and date. Whew!!! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter