Fantasmic strategy

slp87

DIS Veteran
We will be at DHS when Fantasmic is shown twice. Do we go to the 8:00 show then back into the park when it’s less crowded or do we stay in the park till the 9:30 show? Our last trip we saved ROTR till closing and only waited about 30 minutes.

The lines for the headliners will be at their very shortest while the crowds are waiting for the early presentation of Fantasmic.

Those 20 minutes waits for Rise of the Resistance are nice when everyone is doing something else. This is also a good time for a 4 or 5 round Toy Story Mania tournament if you like that sort of thing. We’ve also done Tower of Terror 13 times while waiting for Fantasmic, but that one isn’t for everybody.

Then you can stroll into the late show with very little wait. We’ve done this several times and rarely find the amphitheater much more than half full.

Thanks, I was going to ask this, too. Never seen F! so trying to figure out the best strategy that doesn't waste park time. Will the showtimes stay the same in May?

Both shows are options.
If you go to the second show, it usually isn't as crowded as the early show and you can do rides while a large number of people are in line waiting and at Fantasmic. And after, many leave the park rather then going back for rides.
If you do the first show, you need to be in line 45 minutes before the show unless you have a package for it.
After, many leave, so lines are shorter.

We went to the later show in December and were among the first 100 or so people to enter. I wanted to sit up high and closer to the exit so we could try to beat the exit rush and we were able to do that quite easily. I will admit that we did try the early show the day before and I sort of panicked when I realized how crowded it was and how far we had to sit from the exit. I insisted that we leave and we successfully saw the second show the next night.

We rode several rides while the first show was going on and I highly recommend repeating this plan. Also, the lines for the first show were massive even 20 minutes before they allowed people to enter the theater.

PXL_20221202_230420187-810ed-XL.jpg

If you do go to the second show, how early do you get there? We don’t need to have the best seats there…but don’t wanna have horrible seats either. We’ve been to WDW multiple times but I’ve just never caught this show, so really hoping to see it this time!

Just curious: I'm kind of ambivalent about making too much of an effort to see Fantasmic. There is one showing on the day we're there, at 8:30. If we just showed up at 8:00 or even 8:10, would we get four seats together? This would be after all the big spring break weeks, so somewhat lower crowd time.

Last edited:
Just curious: I'm kind of ambivalent about making too much of an effort to see Fantasmic. There is one showing on the day we're there, at 8:30. If we just showed up at 8:00 or even 8:10, would we get four seats together? This would be after all the big spring break weeks.
You may or, it may already be full. It does fill to capacity many days, especially if it is only showing once. Arriving less than 30 mins in advance is a risk.

If you do go to the second show, how early do you get there? We don’t need to have the best seats there…but don’t wanna have horrible seats either. We’ve been to WDW multiple times but I’ve just never caught this show, so really hoping to see it this time!
We’ve went to the late show dozens of times and have rarely seen the amphitheater much more than half full. They often have the two outer sections on each side roped off.

We like the nights when the late show starts a half hour after park closing time. This gives us time to close Tower for example, grab some snacks then head in just in time for the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter