Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise 8/2/14 - 8/9/14

I just looked at where the other families are from and it is so ironic that I will be visiting both areas this year:cool1::cool1:

I will be in Chicago for a week at the end of May for a conference. I can't wait to eat at Portillos, Joe's Seafood, Grand Lux and Chops:goodvibes

Then in early July, I will be at another conference in Dallas where I will hit Texas de Brazil, Rainforest and some of the West End Restaurants.

I have to go to American Girl in both cities or my youngest DD won't let me come home:rotfl:

So it's off to Michigan Ave. in Chicago and the Gallaria in Dallas:drive:

I just looked at where the other families are from and it is so ironic that I will be visiting both areas this year:cool1::cool1:

I will be in Chicago for a week at the end of May for a conference. I can't wait to eat at Portillos, Joe's Seafood, Grand Lux and Chops:goodvibes

Then in early July, I will be at another conference in Dallas where I will hit Texas de Brazil, Rainforest and some of the West End Restaurants.

I have to go to American Girl in both cities or my youngest DD won't let me come home:rotfl:

So it's off to Michigan Ave. in Chicago and the Gallaria in Dallas:drive:

Sounds like you know lots of our good restaurants! My parents always want to go to Portillo's when they visit from FL and my kids love Grand Lux! A couple of our other faves are Lalo's and Frontera Grill for Mexican and Cafe Iberico for Spanish tapas (I'm a Spanish teacher :)). Also Sprinkles has amazing cupcakes and you can't do Chicago without deep dish pizza! My fave is Lou Malnati's but Uno's and Giordano's are excellent too!

We'll be hitting American Girl in May too for my DD's 6th bday.

Have a great trip! If I ever get to Philly, I know who to ask for recs!

Sounds like you know lots of our good restaurants! My parents always want to go to Portillo's when they visit from FL and my kids love Grand Lux! A couple of our other faves are Lalo's and Frontera Grill for Mexican and Cafe Iberico for Spanish tapas (I'm a Spanish teacher :)). Also Sprinkles has amazing cupcakes and you can't do Chicago without deep dish pizza! My fave is Lou Malnati's but Uno's and Giordano's are excellent too!

We'll be hitting American Girl in May too for my DD's 6th bday.

Have a great trip! If I ever get to Philly, I know who to ask for recs!

I sit on the board of the Please Touch Museum in Philly. It is amazing:love: One of the perks is free admission for my guest. I also have friends at the Philadelphia Zoo:)

I am sitting here trying to plan our trip to Orlando for this year:) The family wants to do some new things since we go almost every year. Any suggestions:confused3

Just booked a 3 Night cruise for me and the wife for September:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Got a Cat V for a great price:thumbsup2

It's a secret, so please keep it quiet:rotfl:

Joe

Jealous!!! Can't wait to hear about it!

No suggestions for Orlando. Any thing that comes to mind I'm sure you've done!

We have some unexpired hopper tix that we can use. I want to see the new Fantasy Land:)

We have never been to the Sea World Water Park. So we may try that. The only problem is that the girls get so comfortable while on vacation that it is hard to get them up early to avoid the crowds:rolleyes:

I plan to reveal the trip to my DW on Mother's Day. She hates surprises unless she knows about them:rotfl:

We have some unexpired hopper tix that we can use. I want to see the new Fantasy Land:)

We have never been to the Sea World Water Park. So we may try that. The only problem is that the girls get so comfortable while on vacation that it is hard to get them up early to avoid the crowds:rolleyes:

I plan to reveal the trip to my DW on Mother's Day. She hates surprises unless she knows about them:rotfl:

Let us know how this goes.

The planning guide for my surprise cruise came in the mail this morning;) I'm glad that I was home to get it before my wife. I'm going to put it in her Mother's Day card now so that she doesn't see it early:thumbsup2

So excited:cool1: I will give it to her during our cookout for the Mothers on Sunday.

Joe

DW and I will be going all out for 2014 it will be 30 years of her putting up with me and I want to make this trip special. :love: We honeymooned at WDW but all there was back then was MK and EPCOT. We will be taking the 7day cruise then 10 days at the Caribbean Beach Resort with dining plan.
The only problem is that my vacation can't be put in for until Jan, DW is a teacher :teacher: so we have to go in the summer.

DW and I will be going all out for 2014 it will be 30 years of her putting up with me and I want to make this trip special. :love: We honeymooned at WDW but all there was back then was MK and EPCOT. We will be taking the 7day cruise then 10 days at the Caribbean Beach Resort with dining plan.
The only problem is that my vacation can't be put in for until Jan, DW is a teacher :teacher: so we have to go in the summer.

Welcome:cheer2: Congratulations on 30 years. I wish that I could have my DW alone for 17 days:flower3:

The planning guide for my surprise cruise came in the mail this morning;) I'm glad that I was home to get it before my wife. I'm going to put it in her Mother's Day card now so that she doesn't see it early:thumbsup2

So excited:cool1: I will give it to her during our cookout for the Mothers on Sunday.

Joe

So cool! What a great Mother's Day gift! Hope your DW loves it!

Congrats on the 30 years! We're in similar situations regarding picking vacation time. I'm a teacher as well, but DH doesn't pick his 2014 vacation time until this November. He shouldn't have any trouble getting off at this time, but I'll still rest easier once it's done! Best of luck to you!

Thanks all for the congrats

We won't be alone DS16 & DS14 (Ages at cruse times) will be with us.

We have connecting cabins on this cruise with our three DD's. We are putting them in the other cabin, closing the door and acting like we are alone:rotfl:

I presented my wife with her cruise gift in front of our family and friends on Mother's Day:thumbsup2 She gave me a hug and a kiss:love:

So now I can complete my planning without have to hide this secret:banana::banana:

My DD's were not as happy :rotfl:

I hope everyone is having a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day! A special prayer to all military families who have lost a loved one in order to keep us free:thumbsup2

My September cruise is paid off and tonight at midnight I can start the check-in process:banana::banana:

I already spoke to the concierge team and they will book my preferences so that I don't have to stay up:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter