Fantasy Aft - 4E. Did I make a big mistake!

Marissarhae

Earning My Ears
Hello! How is room 5654 ( or surrounding ) on fantasy (aft)? I’ve never cruised so I have no idea if sea sickness will be in my near future
I’m MORE worried about these vibrations I keep hearing about. I like it for the extended verandah - my kids are up at the crack a** of dawn and I need a coffee (or 2) before seeing any other humans 😴 I also chose the room due to proximity to kids club and adults sections below ( which may be my demise if it’s loud!!)

I don’t care about daytime noise or vibrations. Just night time!

We can move to 9028 or 10518 - any thoughts?

How long of a walk would the forward rooms be from the kids club? It’s the one downfall of not being in AFT rooms.

We were in Fantasy 5182 all week and it wasn’t as awful as I feared- while it’s not my favorite it’s far from my least favorite room we’ve had- The vibration is definitely a thing but it wasn’t all that annoying- we never heard anything from below and while it was often annoying getting through the crowds at club checkin it was isolated to peak times

We were in Fantasy 5182 all week and it wasn’t as awful as I feared- while it’s not my favorite it’s far from my least favorite room we’ve had- The vibration is definitely a thing but it wasn’t all that annoying- we never heard anything from below and while it was often annoying getting through the crowds at club checkin it was isolated to peak times
Did it inhibit your sleep? Was there other noises like clanging of metal?

We were in 5168 years ago. The vibrations in our cabin were horrible day and night. It was like trying to sleep on top of a jackhammer. We've cruised 3 more times on the Fantasy since then and always get a midship cabin, have never had problems with the vibrations in the midship. I've never been in a forward cabin, but have heard there's more movement in forward than anywhere else, also more movement the higher you go. We've done 8 cruises. First few cruises we did, I used seabands and bonine and still got seasick. I then started to bring ginger candy and would suck on it several times each day, I still took the Bonine. Once I started using the ginger candy I no longer got seasick. On 2 of our cruises we sailed through really rough seas and I felt fine. The ship will seem gigantic when you first board, but after the first day or 2, it won't seem so big. Easiest way to get from one end of the ship to the other is by walking on a deck that is mostly cabins. There will be less people around so quicker to get from one end to the other. Public decks can get crowded so having to navigate through all the people takes extra time. It's been several years since my daughter went to the kid's club. But she loved when they did Pluto's pj party in the Oceaneer's Club. It's at night, usually just 1 or 2 times during the cruise. You can probably get from forward to aft in 10 mins(or less) or 15 mins depending on how fast/slow you walk. After being in a room with the vibrations, I personally would pick walking a little more than having a room with vibrations.

We’ve cruised in 5650 twice on the Fantasy. Loved the stateroom and no issues at all with vibration. I think maybe that’s further toward the back of the ship?- but in our experience it did not affect that room and it’s only a couple up from where you’ll be.

Hello! How is room 5654 ( or surrounding ) on fantasy (aft)? I’ve never cruised so I have no idea if sea sickness will be in my near future
I’m MORE worried about these vibrations I keep hearing about. I like it for the extended verandah - my kids are up at the crack a** of dawn and I need a coffee (or 2) before seeing any other humans 😴 I also chose the room due to proximity to kids club and adults sections below ( which may be my demise if it’s loud!!)

I don’t care about daytime noise or vibrations. Just night time!

We can move to 9028 or 10518 - any thoughts?

How long of a walk would the forward rooms be from the kids club? It’s the one downfall of not being in AFT rooms.
Definitely move. You will not be able to sleep. Nightmare location on the fantasy.

We’ve cruised in 5650 twice on the Fantasy. Loved the stateroom and no issues at all with vibration. I think maybe that’s further toward the back of the ship?- but in our experience it did not affect that room and it’s only a couple up from where you’ll be.
We've also stayed in 5650 on the Fantasy and had zero issues with noise or vibrations. We loved that room, have it booked on the Dream coming up :) We've also been far aft on the Fantasy, 10162...horrible vibrations. Would never stay in one of those rooms again.

Yes exactly it’s two up. Most of the negatives I’ve read are from the farthest back aft but it’s still worrisome for sleep if it is an issue in my room.

We've also stayed in 5650 on the Fantasy and had zero issues with noise or vibrations. We loved that room, have it booked on the Dream coming up :) We've also been far aft on the Fantasy, 10162...horrible vibrations. Would never stay in one of those rooms again.
Was this since they “fixed” the issue ( post 2020)?

We booked the Fantasy last week for September as a surprise for BIL/SIL. The only cabin category left was QTY 4E. We usually book the back right corner so not being right on the AFT is new for us. We book aft to get the extended veranda so we figured 4E would be ok. I'd heard so many conflicting reports of the Fantasy but it's the one ship we've never sailed.

So now we're booked on a vibrating ship in the middle of hurricane season with no true cabin assignment as yet. Oh Boy!

Aft on Fantasy is terrible for vibration. We've had a cabin on deck 8 with extended balcony. Balcony was wonderful but never again. Lose too much sleep from the awful vibrations. We always book midship...front is also not great but not as bad as the aft from our experience.

Aft on Fantasy is terrible for vibration. We've had a cabin on deck 8 with extended balcony. Balcony was wonderful but never again. Lose too much sleep from the awful vibrations. We always book midship...front is also not great but not as bad as the aft from our experience.
We’re you far back aft? We’re closer
To mid / just trying to gauge at what point it’s less bad.

We sailed an 8 night in 2021 in 9172. Aft extended balcony. Lots of vibrations. Had to have maintenance come in and stop multiple rattles. We ended up loving the cabin - it was like being rocked to sleep. We would stay back there again with zero hesitation.

My only concern with your cabin is being over the night clubs. We have never experienced that location on the fantasy. Noise from the clubs would give me pause, but not the vibrations.

We sailed the Fantasy on Deck 8 in the aft center rear room back before any fixing occurred. We noticed some vibration when coming into/leaving port from the thrusters/azipods but it was not bad at all. Didn't notice anything while underway.

We were 7676 on fantasy. We cruise a lot. On a lot of different lines. We also have never been seasick and love ship rocking. We are not light sleepers. We never stay midship because we like ship movement. We will never, ever sail in a fantasy aft cabin again, regardless of floor. What we felt was not rocking but a thud, thud, thud all night. The shaking was so bad that things moved sometimes. We told guest services and they politely ignored us. We read about fantasy issues pre cruise but thought the people posting were probably whiners and ignored the posts lol.
Maybe some rooms aren’t so bad. Maybe it’s “fixed.” But for us it was so miserable that it isn’t worth the risk. I do find it hard to believe that all aft rooms are not affected to some extent because it was extreme.
We are going on the fantasy in September and are midship dead center.

As a first time cruiser with concerns of possible vibrations (on a ship with a history of this) - with your questioning it - I would move. What bothers one person doesn’t bother all. You may not know where you fit on that continuum. At sea is not where I would want to make that discovery.

Specifically choose the Deck 9 Cabin. Only cabins above, below, and beside you. The unknown is if there is a crew door across from you; seems like a lesser evil than reports of noisy vibrations.

Above the Deck 10 cabin is the gym.

I was seasick for many cruises before my body accepted it (also not great on other moving things). Take stuff to prevent it - before it kicks in.

If you are somewhat normally fit, nowhere on the ship should seem like a long walk. As the week goes by, it seems even shorter.

Big ships are fairly smooth, with more sideways rolling than the up and down noticeable in the front and back. I believe that if you are going to feel the sea, you are going to feel it in most places onboard.

Hope you have a great cruise and a smooth sailing!

We have sailed in an Aft stateroom 10 times on the Fantasy since 2012. We love these cabins because of the oversize balcony, with many of them more than double what you would get in a typical room. We are currently booked in 10158 on the Fantasy this coming Sept 2nd. Yes, the vibrations were somewhat worse prior to some of the fixes... but for us, it was not a problem. If the stabilizers are used, it got worse but it was not constant and on some cruises, not even noticeable. We had a cruise in Jan this year and felt nothing unusual. BUT, if you think you are possibly sensitive to the issue, I would not stay in the Aft cabins. Deck 10 has some noise early in the morning if there is movement of the chairs on the deck from Cabanas but not a problem for us. Never stayed lower than deck 8 so not sure about the clubs. We have also been in cabin 9670 which was amazing. That room is I think more than double the size of a typical room. Balcony was massive, like we could play hockey out there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter