• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy just arrived at PC. Aqua Duck open?

MaleficentRN

Orange Bird is my spirit animal.
It looks like they are still letting people ride it. I wonder is they are letting people disembark late?

While by obvious terms the ship is disembarking late, they are currently tying the ropes (or whatever the technical terms are), plus the customs ship clearance, and then unloading luggage. At least 45 minutes before "express disembarkation" starts

Maybe cast members have some liberty time since there won't be a new cruise leaving anytime soon? Who knows...

So how crazy is it going to be for so many people from multiple ships to get home!?

I hope they allowed the passengers to use WIFI for nominal fee,,, so that they can re-arrange travel home, Flights, etc.

someone posted the half navigator from today on twitter that shows ship activities up until 4:00 today, so it sounds like the pax can stay onboard doing things until then.

So how crazy is it going to be for so many people from multiple ships to get home!?

That's what I was thinking! There are only so many flights out of Orlando. NCL is allowing passengers that couldn't secure flights home on their shortened cruises to remain on board when they sail away to ride out the storm. Their ships are sailing out of Miami rather than Port Canaveral, so that might be the difference as I'm guessing open seats on flights out of Miami are pretty scarce right now.

Such a terrible situation for all involved.

I heard that all the Canadian airlines (Air Canada, West Jest, Air Transat) have bumped up their equipment to take Canadians home from Orlando and Miami. They're either putting on more flights or using their biggest planes. That should help. I expect other airlines will do the same.

I hope they allowed the passengers to use WIFI for nominal fee,,, so that they can re-arrange travel home, Flights, etc.

They did in May when the Fantasy was delayed from the 3 night cruise. i suspect this to be similar. I doubt Disney is just telling people to get off and good luck getting to your final destination a few day early.

I just spoke w my sister on board (disembarking now) and she said they gave them a short time of complimentary wifi to book flights.

She also commented how well the crew is taking care of passengers despite some really grumbling guests. Passenger: "The only reason we booked this cruise was to go to Castaway Cay!" "Sir, there are no cast members on Castaway Cay. It has been evacuated."

Last edited:
It's a no win situation. But they have to think of everyone's safety.

Hopefully there were enough seats on flights to go around.

My cousin as well as my neighbor are commercial airline pilots who can fly 'big birds' and they have been moved from their regular routes and are now flying routes that include stops in FL to pick up folks getting out. So the airlines have been stepping up their resources to be able to move the most people they can and get.them.out.

Thankfully, my family in Collier County just left today. Just picked them up here at BWI and we're going to have our own hurricane party - in the comfort of our safe haven.

I know that there are some people that cannot get home from the fantasy (funny enough they are from the same city I am) Disney is giving them a heavily discounted rate to stay at POP! Century until they can get home (they had Disney airfare)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter