Fantasy Springs is opening June 6th 2024

We got it!

I got back in, I logged in *first*, went through the process, and it let me through.

Then the credit card page. It rejected my "saved card" but I tried reentering it as a new card (same actual card) and the second time it went through!

Got email confirmation, and since the card errored, DH called Chase and it went through while they were looking things up, and were able to confirm the charge!

Tokyo here we come!
That's what I did, too. Once you get through the queue, log in, and then select your package and go through the process.

I had my World Elite MC denied twice, even after going through the ID check and entering the OTP. My World Debit MC was denied twice. My partner's Debit MC was denied. Her Visa was denied. Finally, the Debit MC card that I got from my credit union worked for some reason.

What a terrible system. Can't wait to do it all again for USJ!

That's what I did, too. Once you get through the queue, log in, and then select your package and go through the process.

I had my World Elite MC denied twice, even after going through the ID check and entering the OTP. My World Debit MC was denied twice. My partner's Debit MC was denied. Her Visa was denied. Finally, the Debit MC card that I got from my credit union worked for some reason.

What a terrible system. Can't wait to do it all again for USJ!
I wonder if browser makes a big difference! I was buying Shibuya Sky tickets on Safari as a trial run today (you can purchase and change the date for sunset times to save headache with purchase issues) and couldn't get any of my cards to work. I switched to Chrome (which is how I got Tokyo Disney to work) and then suddenly it worked. So weird! The Shibuya Sky website did suggest using Chrome/Edge so maybe not too surprising.

I think the new Disney one sign-on has messed up the TDR login.

When I booked for June, it wasn’t ideal, but it was way better than any D23 booking experience I have had, barring the CC issues which are not just a TDR problem in Japan.

Use a mobile phone?

I've had nothing but website errors for the last three hours on my desktop PC, but the site works OK on my phone. I'd imagine that going through the process on a phone takes longer, though.
I totally agree.
I had a Safari and Chrome browser windows open on my iMac and refreshed at 3pm Tokyo time, followed by my iPhone. Both desktop browsers showed a 1 hour wait to log-in while the iPhone went straight into the reservation page.
However, I didn't log in first and it hung after I selected the attractions.
I refreshed all three browsers and once again the iPhone loaded the Reservation page well before the desktop browsers.
I eventually got my Toy Story Fantasy Springs package on the second attempt.

Here are my tips, keen to hear any others.
  • Tip #1 Use your phone, it's actually not that difficult.
  • Tip #2 Log in before searching for a package or hotel
  • Tip #3 When searching for a hotel. Copy the URL from yesterday's search, paste it into a text editor (Word etc), change the date to next day and paste it back into address bar dead on 11am Tokyo time.

Last edited:

Easiest improvement they could make to their process would be to force anyone going in to select and book a package to log in before starting. If you start making a reservation, the login screen should come up. Currently, you can get pretty far without being logged into an account. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. But this would save some folks a lot of time and frustration if they didn't know you can't log on at the end of all the selections. At least we couldn't. And based on posts, others couldn't either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter