Fantasy Springs is opening June 6th 2024

The sad thing is that I actually could have been in the park today and on last Thursday. I was just too cheap and decided to go to Kansai to save money on hotels rather than stay in the Tokyo area. It's not like I didn't know the preview schedule and the possibility of soft openings so this is really a horrible mistake.

My cheapness is also costing me early entry into Disneysea on opening day. I originally booked the Disneyland Hotel instead of Miracosta but then they announced that they're removing Happy Entry from the Disneyland Hotel and I've been unable to rebook into Miracosta. This was unpredicted though so while I can have regrets, it wasn't a bad decision based on available information at the time.

I'm not sure if I believe the blogs that are predicting a soft opening next Thursday since there's the Funderful Disney preview but if they do end up opening to general guests, I can at least go to that one.

The sad thing is that I actually could have been in the park today and on last Thursday. I was just too cheap and decided to go to Kansai to save money on hotels rather than stay in the Tokyo area. It's not like I didn't know the preview schedule and the possibility of soft openings so this is really a horrible mistake.

My cheapness is also costing me early entry into Disneysea on opening day. I originally booked the Disneyland Hotel instead of Miracosta but then they announced that they're removing Happy Entry from the Disneyland Hotel and I've been unable to rebook into Miracosta. This was unpredicted though so while I can have regrets, it wasn't a bad decision based on available information at the time.

I'm not sure if I believe the blogs that are predicting a soft opening next Thursday since there's the Funderful Disney preview but if they do end up opening to general guests, I can at least go to that one.
Keep looking for that MiraCosta hotel. I'm going at the same timeframe and I have seen so much availability pop up (in the cheapest Venice/Tuscany rooms) for the 4th-6th. I do have it bookmarked and refresh it all the time every day though. I believe you can modify your room type up to 10 days before check in (without any room cancellation penalty), not sure if you can any closer than that. Only downside with modifying is you do have to be logged in and so if you see a room you have to be pretty quick to log in and go to the change screen.

Today I was finally able to grab the cheapest room at DLH for my first night. I am definitely seeing a huge increase in cancellations as the 14 day window approaches. Also, TDR must use dynamic pricing. The room prices are much higher than when I booked two months ago. The rooms I canceled at 35k and 63.5k went back into inventory at 42k and 69.5k, for example.

Chris at TDR Explorer said it took him about 15-20 minutes to walk from the front of DisneySea to get into Fantasy Springs. So even though FS guests will have no happy entry on opening day, they will probably beat me to the queues :rotfl2:
Yeah, I wonder how they are going to do that. My understanding is only folk with access to FS will be.

1. Vp holders ...with access to DPA line
2. Fs hotel guests. With two options. Fs unlimited DPA ticket. And ? Standby line without needing time?
3. General guests with Dpa and/or standby time

So I guess two types of wristbands will be given?

Who knows.

Right now with the soft open only standby times for the general guests......glad folk are getting pixie dusted with this!

Chris at TDR Explorer said it took him about 15-20 minutes to walk from the front of DisneySea to get into Fantasy Springs. So even though FS guests will have no happy entry on opening day, they will probably beat me to the queues :rotfl2:
This means Happy Entry for FS Hotel guests is essentially 30-40min before Mira Costa guests, and 45min+ before everyone else right? That is amazing news! I hope we’ll be able to check off all 4 rides before our 9:30am breakfast reso

This means Happy Entry for FS Hotel guests is essentially 30-40min before Mira Costa guests, and 45min+ before everyone else right? That is amazing news! I hope we’ll be able to check off all 4 rides before our 9:30am breakfast reso
Isn’t it just like a 15-20 minute head start compared to MC guests? Or did I forget how to do math :rotfl:

Certainly the FSH entrance will be very valuable assuming either way!

Isn’t it just like a 15-20 minute head start compared to MC guests? Or did I forget how to do math :rotfl:

Certainly the FSH entrance will be very valuable assuming either way!
Sorry! I meant to say happy entry itself is 30-45min+ instead of just 15min since everyone else has to walk an extra 15-20min

My understanding is it is common they open the happy entry at 815am for a 900am start and probably this will be the case for the near future. So the advantage isn't necessarily huge for the standby and DPA times, but for lining up for the first ride of the day, which only FS will have access to the standby lines anyways. VP holders have access to the DPA lines and 45 min to get to FS line will get those DPA folk in first.....so advantage is gone.....unless they start running the rides right at happy entry.

We already have tickets for Disneyland next Monday when they might do another soft opening. Idk if we should buy tickets for DisneySea also or just not worry about it

We already have tickets for Disneyland next Monday when they might do another soft opening. Idk if we should buy tickets for DisneySea also or just not worry about it
I would just relax. Do you think your son would absolutely love it or appreciate it? Are you guys super into the IP in the area?

I would just relax. Do you think your son would absolutely love it or appreciate it? Are you guys super into the IP in the area?
His favorite movie is Tangled so I think he would love riding that one and going into the Snuggly Duckling. I would love to ride the Frozen or Peter Pan rides

It looks like the app refresh is happening at about 1:45 AM each night. The app has shown standby pass after that time for days with sneaks and removes the standby pass icon during that refresh for the next day. If I were in Tokyo area, I'd check the app early in the morning and buy a ticket for Disneysea if the app showed the icon.

But it also depends on what else you have planned. I've already decided that if there's a Sneak during the Funderful Disney previews, I'm cancelling whatever else I have planned in Tokyo and going into the park. But cancelling plans becomes more difficult for people who don't make multiple trips to Japan a year. Would you be willing to cut your time in Disneyland short or buy another ticket for Disneyland on a later date if that day became a Fantasy Springs day?

It looks like the app refresh is happening at about 1:45 AM each night. The app has shown standby pass after that time for days with sneaks and removes the standby pass icon during that refresh for the next day. If I were in Tokyo area, I'd check the app early in the morning and buy a ticket for Disneysea if the app showed the icon.

But it also depends on what else you have planned. I've already decided that if there's a Sneak during the Funderful Disney previews, I'm cancelling whatever else I have planned in Tokyo and going into the park. But cancelling plans becomes more difficult for people who don't make multiple trips to Japan a year. Would you be willing to cut your time in Disneyland short or buy another ticket for Disneyland on a later date if that day became a Fantasy Springs day?
Currently we have TDL, TDS, TDL, TDS. As long as we get two days in each park we don’t really care what the order is. So if that first day does become a soft opening we would buy TDS tickets for that day and then I guess buy TDL tickets for the next day. Basically those first two days need to be swapped.

I find TDR ticket prices to be more reasonable than elsewhere. And you won't be paying for Premier Access for the FS rides as they're all "standby only" during the previews.

I guess it depends how willing you are to be disappointed - financially and emotionally (i.e. if you spend money on extra DS tickets and either there is no FS preview or, if there is, you can't get standby tickets for any of the rides).

I also understand that none of the merchandise can be purchased - I'm not sure that is a factor for you. I don't have an understanding of how the restaurants are working (i.e. whether they're crazy packed or whether it's pretty easy to eat at a restaurant in FS).

I find TDR ticket prices to be more reasonable than elsewhere. And you won't be paying for Premier Access for the FS rides as they're all "standby only" during the previews.

I guess it depends how willing you are to be disappointed - financially and emotionally (i.e. if you spend money on extra DS tickets and either there is no FS preview or, if there is, you can't get standby tickets for any of the rides).

I also understand that none of the merchandise can be purchased - I'm not sure that is a factor for you. I don't have an understanding of how the restaurants are working (i.e. whether they're crazy packed or whether it's pretty easy to eat at a restaurant in FS).
I don’t think we really mind buying tickets both days. The tickets are so cheap compared to the US. We would make it our DS day instead of DL. I think it would be worth it for DS to see the tangled area even without riding the ride.

I’m not interested in the merch really. I watched TDR explorer’s video from when he went to the soft opening. He was able to eat in the restaurant. I think he used mobile order. I think he also looked at merch in the stores.

My main plan would be standby for Rapunzel if possible. Anything else would be a bonus. We also have TDS scheduled for Thursday which might be a soft opening as well

My main plan would be standby for Rapunzel if possible. Anything else would be a bonus. We also have TDS scheduled for Thursday which might be a soft opening as well
IF I was in Tokyo now, I'd probably aim for it, especially with gelatoni fan's advice about checking the app early in the morning before purchasing tickets.

FS is likely to be crazy crowded for years (judging from Marioland at USJ, the continued popularity of Soaring and Toy Story, etc), so getting to see it during the previews would be pretty awesome.

Keep checking! Not the cheapest rooms but two rooms showed up just now for June 5th, so maybe more cancellations will be coming in the upcoming days

Edit: Venice popped up at 78k! So cancellations are definitely starting! Makes sense, given the 14 day cancellation window.
Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 11.46.24 AM.png

Last edited:
Keep checking! Not the cheapest rooms but two rooms showed up just now for June 5th, so maybe more cancellations will be coming in the upcoming days

Edit: Venice popped up at 78k! So cancellations are definitely starting! Makes sense, given the 14 day cancellation window.
View attachment 861744

I've seen Miracosta appear a couple times in room inventory but not be bookable when trying to change my vacation package. And I've confirmed that I can even select the room when booking room-only or a Japanese package that doesn't include Fantasy Springs tickets.

I think there's at least 3 different pools of inventory and I need Fantasy Springs package inventory.

I've seen Miracosta appear a couple times in room inventory but not be bookable when trying to change my vacation package. And I've confirmed that I can even select the room when booking room-only or a Japanese package that doesn't include Fantasy Springs tickets.

I think there's at least 3 different pools of inventory and I need Fantasy Springs package inventory.
Ohhh, I didn't realize you had a vacation package! I thought you just needed MC happy entry since you didn't have a package, my mistake!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, because it's got to be a common question. I have a room-only reservation at MC the night before my 1 night Vacation Package at MiraCosta. Will they let me pick up the Vacation Package the night before, and how about Happy Entry tickets to DL (they're paper passes, as well, right)? Or do I absolutely need to wait until the morning the Vacation Package begins? If it makes a difference, my package night is in a Speciale room, which gets serviced at a different desk, but the room-only is Regolare (just kidding - it's a Venice Canal View, fun!). If they're strict about this I won't even ask.

The day we check in for the room-only, I'll probably buy Sea tickets because I snagged a Canaletto lunch res for that day! Sadly Canaletto was booked up on our Sea day, but I'm excited that we got a FS hotel lunch res through the package. I had originally gotten an Arendelle lunch through the package, but after seeing the food decided against it. I hope we'll be able to mobile order something small just so we can walk through the restaurant, which looks amazing.

You guys, my DD is playing Anna in an afterschool drama production next week before we head to Asia on Saturday June 1. OMG, it's finally here and it's happening fast. Wrong Frozen but still - O M G.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter