fast pass line

pugdog

DIS Veteran
last time we were down at WDW while we were waiting in line for rockin roller coaster people in line told us to get in the fastpass line even though we didn't have one. It was december at the time and slow and when we got to the front the CM never asked for the fastpass. So safari steve can we do this during slow times of the year ,like december since this is when we like to go?

Were you using a w/c or ECV? It seems that it is at the whim of the CM working the particular attraction. We were on our ECV at tried to enter PPF and was told to get a fastpass. When we returned with the FP the new CM didn't want it!

I don't know what rides they are, but I know that some have regular lines that are sort of "marginally" accessible with an ecv. All the fastpass lines are accessible, so the CM might have directed you to the fastpass line for that reason. Also, when the standby line is very short, (in our experience anyway), the CMs are more likely to send you thru the fastpass line with a wheelchair (or ecv). I guess the idea is that you would probably board at pretty much the same time whether you are in the fastpass line or the regular line under those circumstances. I think it is a "seat of the pants" decision by the CM working the ride. It's one of those inconsistencies though that make it hard for anyone to know what they are supposed to do. It also causes problems when people come back and assume they should do what they did the last time. (or even what happened with one CM said to get a FP and when you return, the CM on duty then doesn't want it).
The Guidebooks for Guests with Disabilities say for most rides: "Proceed thru the standard queue." So my suggestion would be to do whatever the Guidebook says for a particular ride and look for a CM. There will always be one by the fastpass return even if the other CMs are deep within the queue.

Whether they ask you to get a FastPass or not depends on the length of the queue, as well as some other considerations (including who the CM at Greeter is). I have no authority to say (and wouldn't want to put another CM in a tight spot by saying) what you should do other than this:
Please follow the instructions of the CM at the entrance to each individual attraction, regardless of what was done last time you visited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter