Fastpass

mickey+minnie91

Mouseketeer
Has anyone tried to continue to use the old fastpass system ? I’ve been using the max pass today and feel disappointed. I feel like I’ve done more when using the old way. Thoughts?

Many people definitely use the old system, but generally they do that to save the $10/person/day or because they like the extra walking or don't want to use their phone, not because the old system is better in terms of FP. The two systems are almost the same, and every way they're different is an advantage to MP. They both have the same rules as to when you can get FP, except with MP the maximum waiting period between FP is shorter, you don't have to walk to the machines, and you can access cancelled FP even after FP have run out. Other than that, they're pretty much the same, so I don't see how you could get more FP using the old system. Keep in mind this is a very busy period for the parks so access to FP is going to be limited with either system.

ETA: When I'm saying "old" system, I mean using paper FP from the kiosks. The old system as it once existed before the parks were connected or return times were enforced doesn't exist anymore.

With the fastpass system I could pull fastpass in DL and walk over to DCA and pull passes and not have to wait. I could hold passes in both parks. This new system you can’t. I wasted an hours and half for RSR and then missed out on the morning in DL using morning passes. The RSR prevented DL fastpasses. Just not how I thought it would work.

With the fastpass system I could pull fastpass in DL and walk over to DCA and pull passes and not have to wait. I could hold passes in both parks. This new system you can’t. I wasted an hours and half for RSR and then missed out on the morning in DL using morning passes. The RSR prevented DL fastpasses. Just not how I thought it would work.
That feature changed some time ago. And just as an FYI, when you realized you were blocked in DL, you could have cancelled the RSR and scheduled something different.

Honestly, I'm not surprised they changed that before MaxPass rolled out. Previously they could allow it because pulling in both parks had the barrier of needing to exit one park and walk over to the other to get the FP. With it on the app now, it would have been too easy and the FPs would have disappeared too quickly.

It must be a few years since you were last in Disneyland. I go every year in June. MaxPass only started in summer 2018. The last time I remember doing what you describe is summer 2015.

Your stress and frustration could have been avoided if you had asked here on Dis before your trip if this system still worked, if the Fastpasses in the parks were connected or not. You assumed how things worked the last time you were there, before MaxpMax is still how things worked with MaxPass.

It must be a few years since you were last in Disneyland. I go every year in June. MaxPass only started in summer 2018. The last time I remember doing what you describe is summer 2015.

Your stress and frustration could have been avoided if you had asked here on Dis before your trip if this system still worked, if the Fastpasses in the parks were connected or not. You assumed how things worked the last time you were there, before MaxpMax is still how things worked with MaxPass.

They still had it early 2017. Both parks went on the same grid not too long before MP debuted.

MP debuted July 19, 2017. This was also the day they removed the PhotoPass option from being included in Sigs, but added MP being included with Sig+.
The first day the parks were linked was April 6 2017 I believe (when TSMM got FP).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter