Favorite book about Walt?

Monny2AE

DIS Veteran
I'd love to read more about the history of Walt, his life and how all things Disney came to be.

Any suggestions for good reads?

I bought a book when I was at Disneyland called "Walt Disney: An American Original" by Bob Thomas. I have not finished reading it yet, but it is very informative about Mr. Disney's life, at least what I have read so far.......

Walt Disney: The Triumph Of The Amnerican Imagination by Neal Gabler. Everything you ever wanted to know about Walt you will find in this book.

Walt Disney: The Triumph Of The Amnerican Imagination by Neal Gabler. Everything you ever wanted to know about Walt you will find in this book.

I found this one at Barnes N Noble this morning! Haven't started it yet but I'm sure I'll like it! :thumbsup2

Hi Monny2AE, I would also recommend you "Walt Disney: An American Original" by Bob Thomas. This book has all the information you want to know from background on Disney's movies, Disneyland, and the innovative ideas. Really nice book!

I just posted this same question on the "What are you reading?" thread. If I get any different titles, I'll post them here.

Has anyone read the new book Project Future:The Inside Story Behind the Creation of Disney World by Chad Emerson?

There's a really good one by Katherine and Richard Greene called "The Man Behind the Magic" You can find it on Amazon.

I'm working on a book now called "How to be like Walt". It jumps around a bit so if you are looking for something in super cronological order this isn't the book for you, but it is very informative and inspirational and it makes you ohhh so thats why he did that. It has alot of interviews with family and cast that gives you a look at why and how Walt was who is was.

I'm working on a book now called "How to be like Walt". It jumps around a bit so if you are looking for something in super cronological order this isn't the book for you, but it is very informative and inspirational and it makes you ohhh so thats why he did that. It has alot of interviews with family and cast that gives you a look at why and how Walt was who is was.

That sounds interesting. I'll see if they have it on amazon.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I've been busy reading the one by Gabler in my limited free time. I'm about 1/3 through it. Now I've got a list of ones to read when I'm done! :thumbsup2

The books by Neil Garber, Bob Thomas & Katherine and Richard Greene are all excellent biographys. If you want to read about Walt's brother Roy I would recommend "Building a Company: Roy O. Disney and the Creation of an Entertainment Empires by Bob Thomas"

The books by Neil Garber, Bob Thomas & Katherine and Richard Greene are all excellent biographys. If you want to read about Walt's brother Roy I would recommend "Building a Company: Roy O. Disney and the Creation of an Entertainment Empires by Bob Thomas"

I just finished Building a Company. Very interesting. Of course there would have been no Disney as we know it without Walt, but the same can be said for Roy too.

I just finished Building a Company. Very interesting. Of course there would have been no Disney as we know it without Walt, but the same can be said for Roy too.

You are so right WaltD4Me. Walt had the ideas and dreams and Roy made them happen.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through the one by Gabler and I'm amazed at how much a role Roy played in all of it! I never knew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter