Favorite celebrity chef/food personality?

Jeff Mauruo I want to hang out in chicago with Him. Damaris Phillips, Bobby Flay, Alton Brown

I don't see her anymore, but I loved Aarti Sequeira. She won a season of Food Network Star and all her recipes I've made are delicious and still in our regular rotation.

I also love watching Gordon Ramsey.

Michael Symon, gotta love the Cleveland Boy. Plus he went to school with my Uncles so I may be a little biased

DH & I are big fans of Top Chef. We both like Tom Colicchio.

We also like Anthony Bourdain, Alton Brown, Emeril Lagasse, & the Pioneer Woman. And we love Andrew Zimmern & his shows.

And Giada De Laurentiis is on DH's "Top 5 Free Pass List".

I don't see her anymore, but I loved Aarti Sequeira. She won a season of Food Network Star and all her recipes I've made are delicious and still in our regular rotation.

I also love watching Gordon Ramsey.
Aarti is judging the Christmas Cookie Challenge right now! I really like her too.

I also like Gordon Ramsey, Bobby Flay Alton Brown and Guy Fieri

My girls watch all the cooking/baking shows. I tease them but find myself watching things like “Cookie Baking Challenge” when I have a TiVo full of first run TV yet to watch. I like Master Chef and Gordon Ramsey. He reminds me a lot of my dad in the kitchen. Nicest guy ever but brutal on the line. I also like Aaron Sanchez.

I really like Rachel Ray. She usually has 1-2 guests on her show. My favorite segment is when Rachel makes her dishes. She makes it look easy, and never has to clean up the mess.

Rose Levy Berenbaum. Maybe not for tv, but I love her cookbooks. And Dominique Ansel (the kouign amann is my favorite pastry, and his version, the DKA is amazing).

For videos, my favorite is Maangchi. She seriously upped my Korean food game. She has so many kimchi recipes, but this one is the best I've ever had. We eat gallons of it, literally:

That's books and youtube, and maybe less famous because they cook in a niche (cakes, pastries, Korean food). . . for tv celebrities, I like Alton Brown, Anthony Bourdain, Julia Child, and Christopher Kimball. And back in the day, I enjoyed watching Yan Can Cook (Martin Yan). And Graham Kerr.

Last edited:
For her recipe's, I like the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. For their personality, I like Emeril. Miss his cooking show, BAM! Used to love the show Yan Can Cook on PBS many moons ago.

Oh... well no way I can just pick one.

Anthony Bourdain... he's just cool. Love his swagger...
Robert Irvine - we met him on a Disney bus, heading for DTD, He was there as a guest chef during food and wine...He was so nice talked to us, and was happy to get pictures, we made a point to see him cook the next day, and got a autography as well and he remember us from the night before... Great Guy...
We love Guy... when we travel we look for dives from his show...
Pioneer Woman... Ree... Love her show and recipes.. a lot of them are in my wheel house now... and her husband is the Marlboro man... She keeps it real...
Ina G. - really good "whatever"... just cracks me up.... but she can flat cook and every recipe I have made of her's was awesome... and are in the wheelhouse now....
I love to watch Bobby Flay cook... he has a true gift for cooking... he's sorta cocky... but he can pull it off...
Ted Allen and Chopped...now some of the judges are terrible..
I miss Emeril Live and Paula Deen's shows

I will say I use to love Rachel Ray not so much anymore...

I can not stand to watch Anne Burrell....she is so condescending and preachy on her show...

Geez - reading this made me realize I don't like many of them at all.

Let's see...

Dislikes:
Alton Brown - Horrid jerk. His show made me never want to cook again.
Mayo Head - The worst of the worst in every way.
Bourdain - Grade A butthead.
Sandwich Guy - The first time I thought about getting rid of cable was when he was on tv.
Lydia B - I saw her do a live segment with her daughter-in-law. Definition of problematic mother-in-law.
Giada - She doesn't smile - she bares her teeth. Plus cleavage does nothing for me.
Burrell - She and Mayo head were cleaved from one embryo in the womb.

Carla Hall - Although not a fan of her recent hair choices.
Rick Bayless - Dances a little to close to his daughter, but I am mostly willing to overlook that. I avert my eyes during those segments.
Pepin - classy.
Ina - I mostly just like looking at her house. I think she would be not a friend of mine in real life. But she is correct about a few things. Unfortunately, the cost of ingredients is one of them.
Emeril - I have met him (family connection). Everything I have made from his books is excellent. Does a lot for charity.
Hubert Keller - Loved him on Top Chef Masters. Making pasta in the boys dorm bathroom! Plus - doesn't flinch from pastry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter