Favorite Comfort Food?

Liver and onions.
My wife was horrified to find out it is the best selling entree at the two family restaurants closest to our house. And more horrified when the waitress described it as "the ultimate comfort food"

Are those restaurants popular with the 90+ crowd? ;)

Kielbasa and sauerkraut.

My dh’s biggest flaw is that he hates sauerkraut to the point is makes him gag to smell it cooking. God, I’d love this with pinto beans and cornbread (with tons of butter of course) right now. Oh, you made me hungry.

When I’m feeling down, my biggest “comfort food” though is Greek - a gyro plate with tons of taziki, some dolmas, and the biggest side of baba ghanoush they’ll sell me. It may take me days to eat it all and I’m perfectly ok with that!

I should do a so thread about who eats when sad or depressed and who doesn’t. I wonder what the break down is on that.

Tomato soup and toast. <3

I also love shepherd's pie, but the rest of my family don't, so it has stopped being a comfort food because I have to fight people to eat it. :(

Liver and onions.
My wife was horrified to find out it is the best selling entree at the two family restaurants closest to our house. And more horrified when the waitress described it as "the ultimate comfort food"
Yes!!! As long as it's calf's liver and the onions thin sliced. This is a dish worthy of the carbs if the potatoes are made Syracuse style.
Oh dear, why oh why did I open this thread?!?:lmao:

A ripe tomato, sliced and sprinkled with a mixture of salt and sugar could be just the ticket this time of year. More socially acceptable to how I used to eat this as a child: Grab a tomato off a vine, lick the sugar/salt mixture in the palm of one hand and bite the tomato in the other hand. I'll admit I once did this with a group of kids and we used the blue salt licks set out for the cows since one of us dropped the salt shaker in tall grass. Then we went back to the important business of catching/chasing tadpoles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter