Favorite portable charger?

Ashleybs

Mouseketeer
What is your favorite portable charger to take with you to the parks (pic or link would be extra awesome!)? I have a Galaxy S9 and know that I will be using it a lot for pics, videos, etc so I am trying to think ahead!

I have purchased Mophie brand at Best Buy (making them price match Amazon). I also purchased Anker at Target. Both worked fine but both were heavier than I would have liked. You need to do the math - google the mAh of your phone, then look at the mAh of the chargers you are considering.

For example, if your phone is 2942 and your charger is 3200, then if you let your phone battery get fully run down the charger will be able to fully charge it once and then charge it a little bit the second time. After that, you would need to charge the charger.

I have purchased Mophie brand at Best Buy (making them price match Amazon). I also purchased Anker at Target. Both worked fine but both were heavier than I would have liked. You need to do the math - google the mAh of your phone, then look at the mAh of the chargers you are considering.

For example, if your phone is 2942 and your charger is 3200, then if you let your phone battery get fully run down the charger will be able to fully charge it once and then charge it a little bit the second time. After that, you would need to charge the charger.
Interesting! I have the S9 which is 3000 mAh. So I would need well over that then if I want to charge it more than once, correct?

Interesting! I have the S9 which is 3000 mAh. So I would need well over that then if I want to charge it more than once, correct?

Yes, if you are going to let the battery run down completely.

I use an Anker 5000. It has multiple USB plug-ins, so my wife and I can both charge at the same time. We also have a couple of FuelRods that we keep around in case of an absolute pinch, but those are super slow.

I use an Anker 5000. It has multiple USB plug-ins, so my wife and I can both charge at the same time. We also have a couple of FuelRods that we keep around in case of an absolute pinch, but those are super slow.
Is this it? I only see one plug in spot so I wasn't sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200309-120355_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200309-120355_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1
I have a galaxy note, we used the fuel rod that bought online for $20 prior to my trip and did the free exchanges a few time at the park and resort. I liked that it was little and charged pretty quick. When i got home i was able to sell for $20 so it did not cost me anything.
From empty the fuelrod gives me 75% charge in an hour.
In the MDE you can search fuelrod to find locations. We stayed at ASM the machine was in the lobby near the arcade so it was an easy location before catching the bus. I think the other resorts location are also in lobbies

Last edited:
For nornal use I use the Anker devices. Have a few of different charge levels (a smaller one of rmy phone and a large one for my tablet)

Now for disney I normally use their fuelrods. They don't charge at lot at once but the ability to swap them out anytime you want makes them practically unlimited. Anytime I walk near one of the swap out stations I swap it out regardless of if it's empty or not.

For nornal use I use the Anker devices. Have a few of different charge levels (a smaller one of rmy phone and a large one for my tablet)

Now for disney I normally use their fuelrods. They don't charge at lot at once but the ability to swap them out anytime you want makes them practically unlimited. Anytime I walk near one of the swap out stations I swap it out regardless of if it's empty or not.
I thought I read that they now charge to swap out. We used fuel rods last year and just exchanged for free. I was bummed when I saw they are now charging.
oh I take it back looks like they reversed that decision after the threat of lawsuit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter