Favorite restaurants on the Monorail loop?

WWhitehead

Earning My Ears
Hi Disney Experts.

My daughter and I can start making dining reservations tomorrow for our June trip. We have a quick three day trip, but we are flying in the first day and checking in to Art of Animation. We have tickets for Magic Kingdom after hours. We thought it would be fun to either go to the Polynesian and go to Trader Sams or have a drink/food or try some place at the Contemporary where it would be easy to get to the Magic Kingdom. We have gone to Sanaa our first night, but since we have Magic Kingdom, we wanted to try something different.

Where do you guys suggest?

Thank you!

Chef Mickeys. Average buffet food, but a rite of passage for Disney fans.

Hi Disney Experts.

My daughter and I can start making dining reservations tomorrow for our June trip. We have a quick three day trip, but we are flying in the first day and checking in to Art of Animation. We have tickets for Magic Kingdom after hours. We thought it would be fun to either go to the Polynesian and go to Trader Sams or have a drink/food or try some place at the Contemporary where it would be easy to get to the Magic Kingdom. We have gone to Sanaa our first night, but since we have Magic Kingdom, we wanted to try something different.

Where do you guys suggest?

Thank you!
Because of the wait list at Trader Sam’s, unless you’re going to hang around for a few hours, tricky to get in there. The tiki terrace has nice atmosphere, though, and same drinks and snacks as Sam’s.

Trader Sam's is great and we love the drinks and apps there - it's just tough to get in unless you can be at the Poly around 1:30/1:45 pm to get on the list to be in the first wave of people to get in at 3 pm. Outdoor seating is a little easier to come by. If you would rather have a reservation for a TS meal so you have a little more control over your schedule, Kona and 'Ohana are decent choices. At CR, Steakhouse 71 has good food, but we prefer the atmosphere at Poly. If you have the time, you might also want to consider boating back and forth to WL and going to Geyser Point which is lovely and has great food.

I tend to prefer the options over at Grand Floridian ... Enchanted Rose, Citricos, Narcoossee's. Steakhouse 71 at Contemporary is solid - love the onion rings and burger in the lounge. Agree the Terrace is a good alternative if Trader Sam's is busy.

I also prefer the dining at GF in that area. My favorite restaurant on the monorail loop is Narcossee.

I love Grand Floridan Cafe for a casual but tasty lunch or dinner. I love the Enchanted Rose. I was there last summer and they brought me dessert from Citrico's! Yummy!

I also like Steakhouse 71 lounge, you can get great food and drinks were fantastic.

I tried to get into Trader Sam's last summer, no luck. Had some lovely cocktails at Tambu Lounge at Poly. I canceled my ressie at Kona and just grab some food at Capt Cook's.

California Grill is fabulous, but its a pre set menu now. Food and Fireworks are terrific!

:smickey: 😎 :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter