favorite romantic tip

ditzoyd

Earning My Ears
I have posted this on a couple other boards but then thought, what better place than this?

My DH surprised me with a trip to WDW for my birthday 12/5....

Our cash is very limited, and we planned on two nice dinners, Boma's and Candlelight Processional...

My question is this, What is your favorite inexpensive Romantic tip...

Like, getting a plate of cheese and some wine in France, and watching the fireworks...

Also, what is your favorite Romantic spot?

;)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks!

laura

Epcot to me is extremely romantic at night. I know just being there (we have no kids yet) is sweet.

BUT, I still think my favorite romantical (our favorite made up word -- as in "how romantical!") was on a whim. We took the small resort launch from the Magic Kingdom to the Poly just before the fireworks. The sound of the water hitting the side of the boat took the stress of the day away. We hopped out at the Poly and walked along the beach. The weather was perfect. The tiki torches were lit. The castle was lit up. You could see the fireworks and hear the music. It was free -- even better.

I also love dancing to the live jazz band at the GF. The jazz is old style -- Glenn Miller, etc. Also free. Ahh, making me want to head back.

Tell me more about this - do they have it all the time??
Where and when?

My romantic tip - I like the water mouse boats - got one from the polynesian, great fun and kind of romantic to me

They have a band in the Grand Floridian lobby and I am pretty sure it's daily. Not sure about the hours though.

We got a glass of champagne in France and just sat during sunset time and enjoyed watching the people and the light changing over Epcot.

Originally posted by Puffy2
Tell me more about this - do they have it all the time??
Where and when?

My romantic tip - I like the water mouse boats - got one from the polynesian, great fun and kind of romantic to me

Any dessert at Epcot and the fireworks is tres romantic. Another spot is the deck at the restraunt between Tomorrowland and the Castle front. (Sorry, I'm having a brain lapse on the name) The terrace is usually used for specialty dinner guests, but so many times they don't have any reservations for it, so it is open. You have *the perfect* spot IMO to see the fireworks. Rarely is anyone there (at least when we go in the Winter)

Walking together holding hands through the rose garden at Epcot. So few people use that path between World Showcase and The Land. There always seem to be roses in bloom.

Riding any ride sitting close together.

Screaming at the top of your lungs through Rock n Roller coaster (OK, we have an odd sense of the Romantical - we use that word too)

Sharing a Mickey Bar.

Playing peek-a-boo at Tom Sawyer's Island

Riding down Mainstreet on the Horse Drawn Trolleys.

Going to Disney with just your love!!!!!!

We are planning our 15th wedding anniversary at Disney just us, no kids!!!

:earsgirl:

Lying in the hammock at the Poly. The hammocks are on the beach and you can just stare at the castle as it changes colors. But be aware that when the Luau ends, the beach can get crowded with people to watch the fireworks.

Walking around most of the hotel grounds at night. There are lots of little cubbyholes that you can sit and just people watch or be alone.

Hammocks on the beach at Carribean Beach. Deserted and a great place to see part of Epcots' fireworks.

Stroll thru Celebration hand in hand picking a "dream house" to retire in. Grab a coffee, sit on the sidewalk, and pretend we already are residents.

How wonderful for the two of you. Any of the resorts at night especially agree with all the Poly suggestions.

I know this is going to sound very silly but before our two kids were born, we were at the WL taking our afternoon break and it was almost Halloween. We just layed in bed and watched a scary movie. the peace and quiet was so nice and we just enjoyed being together. We had not been able to get pregnant and we finally had our minds off the whole process. Of course two weeks after that Disney vacation we conceived our son. So there really is Disney magic. Have a wonderful time.

One of our romantic "secrets" is to hang back after everyone is rushing out of EPCOT after Illuminations. Walking around the countries at night, when it's very quiet, is just so lovely and relaxing. In back of all the shops in the UK there is a little garden with a gazebo, and we just like to sit there on the benches for a while, hold hands, talk about the day, and just enjoy the night and the atmosphere.

And of course there are the more frisky-type romantic things...like necking on the doom buggies in the Haunted House--LOL! Not to mention an apres-park soak in the jacuzzi if you've got one in your hotel room. THIS has become our "must have" now when deciding on a place to stay, even if we can only afford it for a couple of nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter