Favorite sauce for Sanaa bread service?

SugarSweetLee

Mouseketeer
We've never been to Sanaa but I'd like to try it on our honeymoon trip in January. We don't (and physically CAN'T) eat very much bread between just my husband and I, but I've heard such rave things about the bread service. I saw that they used to sell single breads/sauces for a lot lower price than the full $18 spread, is that still possible now?

If you were picking only one or two sauces to try, which would you go with? We do like unusual & spicy flavors, so aren't scared of anything listed...just wondering what folks like best!

Tamarind and Red Pepper Hummus all the way baby!!

Tamarind is sweet though, if you don't like that, I also really love the Red Chili Sambal? (sp) The garlic is good, but has whole cloves so you have to really love garlic.

There is a super hot sauce not on the menu if you like it super spicy!

Also, If I remember right, I believe we've always added on extra single breads to finish up the sauces, but I've never ordered them alone and not sure about that.

I also only get traditional for all 3 breads as I feel the sauce is where the true taste is and the traditional is the best one for that without other tastes interfering, all nice and buttery!

Also, If I remember right, I believe we've always added on extra single breads to finish up the sauces, but I've never ordered them alone and not sure about that.

I absolutely HATE the chutney and the Coriander. I always sub out for an extra of the two above. And just so you know, even if you do order the entire service, you can eliminate and pick and choose if you want like I do!

I absolutely HATE the chutney and the Coriander. I always sub out for an extra of the two above. And just so you know, even if you do order the entire service, you can eliminate and pick and choose if you want like I do!

Honestly I would love to try the full service, but I just think we would waste soooo much. Plus my inner budgetary voice freaks out at the thought of spending $18 on bread, lol.

It’s Really worth the price to get all sauces that way you can try them all. Some are so good & I finish all of those. I love that bread service & can make a meal of it.

I'm not positive what my favorite is called, but I think it's called Raita-yogurt and ?

I loved the tamarind and the coriander chutney (if you don't like cilantro, you won't like it), but that's because they were similar to what comes with veggie pakora at my favorite local Indian restaurant. The cucumber-yogurt sauce tasted just like tzatziki to me, and the hummus was really good. There was another tomato-based one that was a little sweet that I also liked a lot. I didn't care for the very spicy ones, and the garlic one wasn't a favorite. I shared it with my brother and my 6 yr old, and it didn't feel like too much at all.

The spiciest one, but I love them all. We often just order the bread service with a bottle of wine. And sometimes extra bread.

We split the bread service for lunch. It is a perfect amount of food for two people. Spending $18 on a truly unique Disney lunch is not a bad deal in my opinion. Remember that you can mix sauces also. We mixed some of the hotter ones with the cool ones for some great flavor combinations. The hottest one was still too hot for us. Our favorite was the mango chutney. It wasn’t our favorite Disney meal, but it sure was interesting.

We split the bread service for lunch. It is a perfect amount of food for two people. Spending $18 on a truly unique Disney lunch is not a bad deal in my opinion. Remember that you can mix sauces also. We mixed some of the hotter ones with the cool ones for some great flavor combinations. The hottest one was still too hot for us. Our favorite was the mango chutney. It wasn’t our favorite Disney meal, but it sure was interesting.

Unfortunately I can't tolerate that much bread (get head and stomachaches) so can't make a meal of it, nice as that sounds.

I rarely eat bread but that naan bread was wonderful. There are five flavors to try. The sauces would be good on a spoon if you get tired of the bread. Loved the spicy jalapeños with the cool cucumber sauce. It really is a special experience and worth a try.

Honestly I would love to try the full service, but I just think we would waste soooo much. Plus my inner budgetary voice freaks out at the thought of spending $18 on bread, lol.

We usually eat the bread service as our full meal - or maybe get one entree to split. We're not huge eaters and are a bit cheapskate-y, so I understand blanching at the idea of spending $18 on bread. But last time we got one order of bread and either two desserts to split, and we left full (shouldn't have had a second dessert!) and without having blown our budget.

We usually eat the bread service as our full meal - or maybe get one entree to split. We're not huge eaters and are a bit cheapskate-y, so I understand blanching at the idea of spending $18 on bread. But last time we got one order of bread and either two desserts to split, and we left full (shouldn't have had a second dessert!) and without having blown our budget.
Unfortunately, I get physically ill from eating more than a slice or two of bread per day. Alas!

I know at least before Covid they had gluten-free options for the bread if that helps.
Not really, but I appreciate the thought :) I don't have celiac and don't really like most gluten-free alternatives, I just start to feel unwell if I have more than a little regular bread each day. There are plenty of other things to eat though, so it's not the end of the world if we don't try this one, was just thinking about possible options!

Things may have changed, but I believe the option was the bread service with three of the sauces or the whole spread. We've contemplated getting the smaller one, but if I recall, it wasn't much more to try them all. Could be different now or at lunch (we've only done dinner).

We like all of them, but we only take a tiny taste of the two spiciest ones. Next time, we'll probably ask to sub extra tzatziki and mango chutney for those two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter