Favorite water shoes/sandals for decks and beach

Mdub1021

Mouseketeer
We are looking into getting water shoes that would work well on the slippery decks of the ship and on the beach. I prefer a sandal, but open to other options. Our kids already have some shoes, but we are trying to find some for us.

What are your favorites?

I may not have been clear- we are looking for sandals that can go in the water on the beach and stay on.

My Keen water/hiking sandals. I've worn them on the beach many times. I also slip some low cut wool hiking socks on and wear them to the Disney parks- great support, wool socks dry super quick in the event of the Disney afternoon deluge.

This is my first cruise coming up, so I can't speak to deck. My plan is to wear my Vionic Malibu beach slip on shoes on board. I need the arch support for my knees, super comfortable, and have decent grip.

The decks on the ships are not actually slippery. I always wear fit flops around cruise ships. I wear them to the beach also. I take them off in the water. I have Keens also, but I don't wear them in sand. I hate how it gets trapped in there and never fully rinses out of the crevices.

The decks on the ships are not actually slippery. I always wear fit flops around cruise ships. I wear them to the beach also. I take them off in the water. I have Keens also, but I don't wear them in sand. I hate how it gets trapped in there and never fully rinses out of the crevices.
My favorite sandals are Oofos, and you will slip on the deck wearing them, for sure (because I have). We also need water shoes because we plan on going on an excursion that has a beach and a water park, and we do not want to walk on the hot concrete. Our other excursion may encounter a beach that is rocky or has sand with lots of shells. We aren’t fans of wearing shoes in the ocean, but we would like ti have something if needed.

When doing water-based shore excursions, it’s my Keen sandals. Wear them all day, even into the water. They also go to theme parks.

My favorite sandals are Oofos, and you will slip on the deck wearing them, for sure (because I have). We also need water shoes because we plan on going on an excursion that has a beach and a water park, and we do not want to walk on the hot concrete. Our other excursion may encounter a beach that is rocky or has sand with lots of shells. We aren’t fans of wearing shoes in the ocean, but we would like ti have something if needed.

We like these for water parks. You can walk a LOT in them and they are comfortable. They come in men's and kids sizes also.

Limited-time deal: Aleader Women's Mesh Slip On Water Shoes https://a.co/d/0xAdCaZ

Yeah, oofos are really slick on the bottoms. I don't like them because of that and how much they press into my arch.

Keens are the best option, but they are $$$.

Yeah, oofos are really slick on the bottoms. I don't like them because of that and how much they press into my arch.

Keens are the best option, but they are $$$.
Agree on the Oofos, too. I love them (I actually have a pair on now) but they are horrible on wet surfaces. I need the arch support, so they work for me! I do need to look into some Keens for the parks as an alternative to athletic shoes.

Agree on the Oofos, too. I love them (I actually have a pair on now) but they are horrible on wet surfaces. I need the arch support, so they work for me! I do need to look into some Keens for the parks as an alternative to athletic shoes.

I like the Keens Astoria West in leather (can get fully wet). They were the most low profile and comfortable Keens I tried. The others were overly clunky/huge and much harder on the sole, hurting my feet. The Astoria have a really nice cushioned arch support sole that felt the most like running shoes to me.

I like the Keens Astoria West in leather (can get fully wet). They were the most low profile and comfortable Keens I tried. The others were overly clunky/huge and much harder on the sole, hurting my feet. The Astoria have a really nice cushioned arch support sole that felt the most like running shoes to me.
I was just looking at those on Amazon!!! Some reviews said they run small. What is your opinion? Comfortable enough for an Epcot day?

I was just looking at those on Amazon!!! Some reviews said they run small. What is your opinion? Comfortable enough for an Epcot day?

So, I size up half a size for my running shoes and I did the same for these. I did order my "true" size also and they were too small, but just barely. I liked how my foot fit better in the larger size. My pinkie toe would have kept getting caught between the straps on the "true size."

I think they are comfortable for all day, but they feel better with thin socks on. I could do a few miles in them barefoot, but for a 20k+ step day, I'd start out with socks on.

We use Nike water shoes and I don't know why I waited so many years to buy a pair. We use them both on the ship, at CC, and at resorts. I do find the deck a little slippery but more importantly, it's hot. What I like about water shoes is that I put them on before I leave my room and I don't need to be taking them off and putting them on constantly like I'd have to do with sandals. They don't get sand in them when walking around at CC and they are comfortable enough to be able to walk along the walkways.

Another vote for Keens here! I wear my whispers at the parks, on the beach and even around our ranch. They have the traction of a sneaker but are super easy to hose off and dry quick. They also don't give me blisters if I do walk around in them wet.

We wear our Keens sandals for almost everything, parks, water stuff, hiking, errands, travel.

Last edited:
For those that have Keen sandles what model version is it? How easy is it to get sand out of the shoes? How quickly does it dry?

Has anyone used Salomon tech amphibian before?

I like my Teva original universal sandals. Light and airy, stay on in the water, dry quickly. Great for parks, beach, and on deck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter