FEB 14 2004 Western Cruiser's

Forgive me if i someone alreayd mentioned this but is there any boys on this trip that are in the 10-11 age range. My DS had decided he is interested in finding someone to talk to before we leave.

Let me know and we will work out someway for them to chat. Either email or I will get him an AIM account.

THanks,

Laura,
all my Dkids are 12 1/2 and up.

Getting ready for another storm here in Connecticut, enough already, just hope the weather cooperates next Friday.

At least all the clothes I've put aside for the cruise aren't being used. My kids like wearing their short sleeved tops in the winter, I've put them aside so they can't get to them.

Robin,
When are you and Aimee going on your next college visit? Hope you make it out okay.(oops-just saw your post-have a safe trip back Sat.)

Anyone here up for a casual gathering just to say hi and meet during the sail away party? I'll be on deck 10, but since I've never been on a Disney Cruise before I am unsure of the layout of the deck. Do any past cruisers have any ideas?

Is everyone getting ready?

We are in the single digits:hyper:

Oh yeah, I got tagged yesterday!:teeth:

We just booked yesterday for the Valentine's Day Cruise on the Magic. Myself, DW, and DDs (11 & 8) will be on our 4th cruise, 3rd western. I'm looking forward to seeing the new spaces and "The Golden Mickeys" show. I havn't read the whole thread yet, but we look forward to meeting fellow DISers.

Welcome Magic_Fan_Bruce,

Glad your going on the same cruise. It will be so fun to meet everyone from this group. We have DD12 and DS10 both with in a month of the next age.

Should be so much fun!!!

Magic_Fan_Bruce

Welcome to the group!

I will be traveling with my 3 kids, DD17, DS14 & DD12.

There seems to be a few girls in the DD11-13 age range so far in this group. If your DD11 would like to talk to anyone beforehand PM me, I'll send you my DD12's screen name. Also, if you read this thread you'll find the others.

Lucky you doesn't have to worry about the weather next week. We are in the middle of another storm here in Connecticut and I am watching the forcast for next week, good thing we fly out a day early.

Lynn

You’re right Lynn, weather shouldn’t be a problem for us to get to the port, it’s in the low 80’s here today. But I have to fly to Kansas City on Monday, and then back on Wednesday. I'm not expecting anything near the 80's in KC, and I don’t have any heavy coats. But that’s okay because when I get home I pack for the cruise.

I still haven’t read the whole thread, is there a DISmeet planned?

Hi

Just received the following email from Disneycruise.com. It's amazing that they pick the one week in 2 years I will be on the cruise. I hope we can get a report from someone who gets to go!

Jeffrey

"You are receiving this email because you have participated in prior research for Disney and have agreed to be contacted for future research.

Disney Cruise Line will be conducting live focus group research sessions in New York City on February 17th, 2004. On behalf of Disney Cruise Line and Audience Profiler, a third-party independent marketing research firm, we would like to invite you to participate!

There will be two focus groups conducted on February 17th, 2004 in New York City, each lasting two hours.

If you are available_between the hours of 3:00pm_to 7:00pm on February 17th, 2004 please respond to this email with a telephone number and an ideal time to call you. There are a limited number of seats available so please respond quickly!

Sincerely,

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Resarch Team"

DMOMof3 just made me aware of this thread from something I posted over on the cruise forum. We can't wait!!! Myself (Sue), DH , DS9 and DD5 will be flying down next Friday and staying at the new RonJon resort for the night before the cruise. Then onto the Magic...can't wait - my kids have endured my husband's job change and subsequent relocation to 2 hours from our former home between XMas and New Year's. New house, new schools - they deserve this cruise (not to mention Mom!). If there are any boys in the 8/9 group, I'd love my son to email a "buddy" before the cruise. This worked out great when we went 2 years ago. If not, I know he'll have a blast in the clubs like last time. I can't believe the countdown is at 7...

Sue

I havent had time to get on the boards since I posted last month- Cant believe we leave next friday!! in answer to your question we have done the 7 day eastern and the 4 night too. I just finished booking our last planned excursion for this cruise. We found a cool Pirate Cruise to do in Grand Cayman and we are going to do Sting Ray City too. I think wwe will do Chankanaab on our own in Cozumel and we have planned the DCl excursion to sail and snorkel in Key West but I am tempted to change it to the Catamaran racing just for something different. Any advice anyone? our kids are 7 and 6.pirate:

Hi Carol

Is the Priate Ship the Joger Roger? We have been calling them for the last 6 months to see if they would have a Tuesday daytime sailing. We have gone on it twice before and my kids loved it.

Jeffrey

Less than aweek to go !!!!! Hope the weather forecast holds for next Saturday!!!!

Markpirate:

Originally posted by The FairyGodmother
Forgive me if i someone alreayd mentioned this but is there any boys on this trip that are in the 10-11 age range. My DS had decided he is interested in finding someone to talk to before we leave.
THanks,

Hi FGM. We have a DS who is 11 who would love to talk to someone before going on the cruise. Send me a PM and I will get you his AIM screen name.

HBC

Originally posted by cjsbmiller
I havent had time to get on the boards since I posted last month- Cant believe we leave next friday!!

Carol, I tried to e-mail you in response to the one you sent to me but it came back as undeliverable twice. I will PM you.

HBC (Martha)

Hi everyone!:wave:

We just got back about an hour ago from Tallahassee, and it is amazing how many emails one gets while away! One of the emails was from Dreams Unlimited...........and we got an upgrade! I'm not too sure if I am excited about it or not. We have always for the last 3 cruises had a navigators veranda on deck 7 aft. This is a catagory 7 room, and we now will be in a catagory 5 room 7544 which is right by the midship elevators. What does everyone think about it? It will be nice to have the full veranda, but I love the aft location. Any comments?

I am so excited that my countdown is down to 6 days! It was wonderful to be in Florida the last 3 days. To see all the students at the college walk around in shorts and sandals was great to see in February. My DD is completely sold on this college (thank god!) she has already been accepted, now we need to wait on the results of the portfolio interview to see if she gets into the school of theatre. Time will tell, and hopefully it will be positive:sunny:

Lynn, most of the activity for the sailaway is on deck 9 midship by the stage. It gets really crowded, as does the area around it on deck 10. I also like to be on deck 10 forward in front of the sports deck(depending on weather) The best place I guess to meet would be by either of the whirpools behind Pinnochio's Pizza at the far end of the stage. Or directly above that on the overlook in front of the aft funnel. Just let me know, and I will be there:teeth: Does champagne sound good to anyone if I can get FL Tours to do the grocery stop for me? Also, I hope the room number change will not affect the Palo brunch reservation? Oh and congratulations on your tag. I have been on the board since 2000, and am still waiting. What is your secret?

Welcome DanJulia and Magic Fan Bruce! Jeffrey, yes too bad you won't be able to attend the meeting in New York. But, going on the cruise is better any day!

The forecast for the New York area for our flight on Friday is partly cloudy, however Orlando is scattered showers. Saturday for our sailaway looks good! Near 70 degrees! :Pinkbounc

Time to finally start packing!

Robin ºOº

Hi Robin

Or should I say hi neighbor. We booked the stateroom you were upgraded to for a friend who was not able to sail because of the possibilites of a new job. Our group has the 3 staterooms next to you, 7538, 7540 (ours) and 7542. We love that area of the ship. Two years ago we were directly across in 7040 but wanted to try the other view. Its nice being in the middle near the elevators (or the stairs if you want to get some excercise).

And yes I decided to pass up the focus group in favor of the cruise, (only because all of my toys are all dated already).

Jeffrey

Hi neighbor!

Thanks for the positive input on the location. I guess I'm just used to "my" stateroom and the location. But it will be very nice to have the full view veranda. The aft location is so nice just to walk up 2 flights of stairs, and there you are at the beverage station for early morning coffee. (guess I will either walk a little farther, or utilize room service:rolleyes: )

Can't wait to thank you in person! I'll be the one wearing all the buttons and pins around my neck:teeth:

Robin

Hi Jeffery, yes the Pirate cruise is the Jolly Roger and they are sailing on Tuesday the 17th form 10-12, check in at 9:45 at the North pier. Maybe we will see you there.

I dont know why your email is coming back undeliverable and I have no idea how to get your pm- sorry but if you want to email me it is my first name dot miller@astrazeneca.com no spaces in there anywhere. Look forward to your message

congratulations on the upgrade Robin. How excited are you? I am trying to keep my excitement in check or I won't get anything done. I'm off to sort though a pile of clothes on my bed to decide which items to bring.

Glad Aimee liked FL, how exciting, more trips to FL for you. My Suzy was interested in UofMiami but decided she liked Maine better, go figure, must be my Canadian blood! oh well, will have to wait till she's a dolphin trainer at Sea World to enjoy visiting her! Maine isn't that bad, was nice when she spent time there this summer, can't forget to buy her a real parka.

Welcome to all new posters
Lynn, most of the activity for the sailaway is on deck 9 midship by the stage. It gets really crowded, as does the area around it on deck 10. I also like to be on deck 10 forward in front of the sports deck(depending on weather) The best place I guess to meet would be by either of the whirpools behind Pinnochio's Pizza at the far end of the stage. Or directly above that on the overlook in front of the aft funnel. Just let me know, and I will be there Does champagne sound good to anyone if I can get FL Tours to do the grocery stop for me?

Anyone want to join us during the sailaway party for a little get together? Would be nice to be able to recognize some friendly faces during the cruise, also the kids that have been chatting can meet. In front of the aft funnel on the overlook sounds great to me, nice big landmark! Robin, I'm assuming that's on deck 10.

I'll be the one with the DIS buttons and the goofy grin!

Robin, as far as the tags go, I reponded to a post about how the tag fairy doesn't like begging. I just responded by saying how I was just so happy to be cruising on the Magic in a week that a tag wasn't necessary, and minutes later I was tagged! Just made it that more special. Kind of like your upgrade, icing on the cake.

Lynn

Hi Lynn

You can count us in for the sailaway party. According to my wife, I will be the geeky one with the cameras. My children will want to go down to the pool deck and dance with the characters (hopefully I will be able to video them from deck 10).

We are more than half packed, yea!

Jeffrey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter