Feb. Member Event at Doorway to Dreams (Updated p.11 with incentives)

We want to take my sister and her husband to Las Vegas. But, it would have to be in August..... I know, hot...

Question for the almighty DIS audience :

Like many of you on this thread I live in the Chicago burbs (Wheeling to be specific) and am going to be taking the DVC plunge. I know that I'll be buying in via resale (approx 100 pts), but is it rude for me to go the the Doorway to Dreams if I have no intention of buying directly from Disney ?

DW would like to see the models (we've stayed at BCV and SSR but I believe they have BLT there now and would like to see them up close), DS (5) could use a little DIS fix, and DD (4 months) smiles every time she sees Cinderella's Castle on TV :lmao:

What would I say when I walked in, I don't want to lead them on, but I'd like to see these ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Chris

Question for the almighty DIS audience :

Like many of you on this thread I live in the Chicago burbs (Wheeling to be specific) and am going to be taking the DVC plunge. I know that I'll be buying in via resale (approx 100 pts), but is it rude for me to go the the Doorway to Dreams if I have no intention of buying directly from Disney ?

DW would like to see the models (we've stayed at BCV and SSR but I believe they have BLT there now and would like to see them up close), DS (5) could use a little DIS fix, and DD (4 months) smiles every time she sees Cinderella's Castle on TV :lmao:

What would I say when I walked in, I don't want to lead them on, but I'd like to see these ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Chris

"Hi...I'd like to see the models."

I've walked through to see AKV models and BLT models with no intentions of buying. I purchased both because I really liked them and I have willpower issues, but I didn't buy them from them when I went into the models.

Now I tell them up front that I'm already a member. Worst case they give you some info or a gift or something. They won't hassle you. Just say you're interested in a purchase in the near future and just want to see the models. You're not lying.

I have seen every new model since BWV (usually a few times) and I've never seen a guide anywhere hanging on anyone when they were doing a walkthru.

I know the CMs there have done pin trading if any of your kids do that sort of thing. Mine don't but the woman gave my oldest a pin anyway. And he's received a few DVC coloring books.

Now I tell them up front that I'm already a member.

I signed Nov. 4th 2008 by mail and was in Anaheim for a conference less than 2 weeks later. I walked in and said "I'm already a member but I'd like to see the VGC models" and they said OK, just a minute and came right out and showed them to me. Asked if I had any questions, I said I didn't think so (since point charts weren't available yet) and they NEVER mentioned me buying ANYTHING. :rotfl:

Granted, saying I was already a member may have made a difference, but Disney is trademark for extremely low pressure sales and saying you are "considering a future purchase" is perfectly honest. You may eventually decide to buy directly from the mouse depending on what incentives are and your financial situation once you are ready...

Finally, DVC will still get money from your dues eventually even if you buy resale, and that supports marketing & in effect DTD if I'm not mistaken...

Thanks for the responses - looking forward to seeing the models tomorrow (hopefully) !

Chris

Went there today, our guide (Alan) was great.

Currently offering (for a 160 pt buy-in) the 3 night cruise, matching DPs that need to be used by end Sep, or a RCI week good for 18 months. $112/pt less $5 discount (so $107 net) and a $300 pre-paid Visa.

He told me this ends next week and also said that he heard the next round of incentives will not be as good.

On the fence, and LOVED the BLT models, but hard to consider paying $107 when you can buy resale much cheaper.

Or are they offering a choice between all three?
It's hard to say what's what. What's posted on this thread on p.11 is the offer for members who already owned. I personally have no idea what the offer is to buy in new. I do know the cruise offer required more points for the same number of days in the paperwork I have.

Did you already own, or is this your first contract?

Your offer doesn't seem as good as the previous poster who didn't even go to the event. They should at least match that or I'd back out if I were in my 10 days.

Wait a minute -- we just signed our docs a few days ago for BLT that we bought at the D2D event. We did 160 points. We got the 3 day cruise, the $5 off per point, and the $300 gift card, but did not get the developer points or the RCI week . . . we are in that 10 day mandatory back-out period . . . can we back out, re-sign, and get the developer points or RCI week???

Don't tear up your contract :lmao: - it's 1 of the three. Sorry if the way I posted was misleading.

Same deal was offered as what you just got !

Congrats by the way !

Chris

Currently offering (for a 160 pt buy-in) the 3 night cruise, matching DPs that need to be used by end Sep, or a RCI week good for 18 months. $112/pt less $5 discount (so $107 net) and a $300 pre-paid Visa.

He told me this ends next week and also said that he heard the next round of incentives will not be as good.

When did the $300 pre-paid Visa start? Is that only at Doorway? Another thread said that the developer points would end 3/28. That doesn't surprise me, since they have to be used by 10/3, so they'd get harder to use, anyway.

When did the $300 pre-paid Visa start? Is that only at Doorway? Another thread said that the developer points would end 3/28. That doesn't surprise me, since they have to be used by 10/3, so they'd get harder to use, anyway.

Don't know whether the $300 pre-paid Visa is only at Doorway to Dreams or not, but that's what my guide (sounds cool to even say I have a guide even though I'm not (yet) a member) told me yesterday afternoon.

Also stated that the next round of incentives won't be as good as what they're offering now, but who knows, they may have something that's better for us as we're not into cruises and wouldn't be able to use the DPs either.

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter