Feb. Member Event at Doorway to Dreams (Updated p.11 with incentives)

I completely agree that everyone has their own opinion about what is a good incentive. However, I think most of us bought DVC b/c we enjoy Disney. Do you mind telling if your Aug. incentive was matching pts. with the option to use at SSR or DLR?.....or another Disney based incentive? My opinion is that when we bought, we were told not to factor in timeshare partnerships into the equation b/c those are not guaranteed. We didn't factor those in and they are certainly not a "hot button" for us with our DVC. With the cruise, first we were not thrilled with the dates offered but even worse, you have to take your chances on which cruise you'll get....no way to "hold" a date until your closing. With the RCI 7 nts., there is very limited availability. I'm also really turned off in a way with this RCI big push lately. When our family is spending $ on vacation, we want to know we can travel when we want to, and stay where we want to. Whatever they may be, I think Disney based incentives are what motivate most of us. If not AP's, why not matching pts. to use at WDW or DLR (I don't care what resort). I have to think that with the economy in such decline, better incentives will come along, if not an additional price per pt. discount. If not, nothing lost for us. :)

totally agree!! Nothing out of our pockets either! We know that there will be a better incentive. JUST HOpING for a DISNEY incentive!!! Also I wish my guide would come to these things.. I cant even remember what she looks like!

Nope! Although we haven't ever heard much from our guide. We did have fun though and the kids had a great time especially our dd(6). Our dd (12) made us promise though if we ever go again that she wouldn't get stuck with all the little kids. She'd rather sit and get the freebies with us! :rotfl:

Our DS's (8 and 9) were in the "kids room" and we still got the freebies for each of them. It was exciting for them afterwards to see what they got and then to have the dance party. And all the goodies there too! :banana:

Just received a big package from Disney today! :banana:

We added on 250 points on Saturday at the event and the package was our paperwork plus a really large, nice DVC beachbag and a cool paperwork holder including a 2008-2009 planner. Nice. I always love to get something unexpected!

Is it weird that our guide changed our purchase from two 125 pt contracts to 160 and 90 pt contracts? She did tell us this on the phone before we received the paperwork. DH talked and he never asks enough qustions. All she said was one of the contracts had to be 160pts minimum. Is this because we requested a different use year than our original contract? Just wondering!

By the way, we called and asked for a $200GC instead of the 4 MP tickets and it was no problem. We just asked yesterday and got the paperwork with it on their today!

So excited! Can't wait to sign and close and receive these incentive vouchers to book our trips! Oh yeah, and book our first BLT stay for next May! :yay:

Just received a big package from Disney today! :banana:

We added on 250 points on Saturday at the event and the package was our paperwork plus a really large, nice DVC beachbag and a cool paperwork holder including a 2008-2009 planner. Nice. I always love to get something unexpected!

Is it weird that our guide changed our purchase from two 125 pt contracts to 160 and 90 pt contracts? She did tell us this on the phone before we received the paperwork. DH talked and he never asks enough qustions. All she said was one of the contracts had to be 160pts minimum. Is this because we requested a different use year than our original contract? Just wondering!

By the way, we called and asked for a $200GC instead of the 4 MP tickets and it was no problem. We just asked yesterday and got the paperwork with it on their today!

So excited! Can't wait to sign and close and receive these incentive vouchers to book our trips! Oh yeah, and book our first BLT stay for next May! :yay:

Congratulations!!!:banana:
Have fun booking:yay:

Yay! We just added on 100 points today, taking advantage of the incentives that they were offering. :cool1: :banana:

They said they were extending the offer until the end of next week.

The only thing they were no longer offering was the Mary Poppins tickets.

[Is it weird that our guide changed our purchase from two 125 pt contracts to 160 and 90 pt contracts? She did tell us this on the phone before we received the paperwork. DH talked and he never asks enough qustions. All she said was one of the contracts had to be 160pts minimum. Is this because we requested a different use year than our original contract? Just wondering!
/QUOTE]

Yes. When you purchase a different UY from DVC, you have to purchase the minimum contract first. After that requirement is met, then you can add on in smaller increments.

I have 2 UY's and had to do the same.

Congratulations on your new home!

And the well oiled machine keeps chugging away.

I called today for my free Mary Poppins tix. It was the first day to call according to the contract info we received from the DWTD extension we added. Unlike the cruise, you don't have to wait for the closing to book, but you'll be on the hook for the cost of the tix if something falls through.

I was their first caller. They had no idea how to proceed. They took down my information and someone from Disney will get back to me.

And the well oiled machine keeps chugging away.

I called today for my free Mary Poppins tix. It was the first day to call according to the contract info we received from the DWTD extension we added. Unlike the cruise, you don't have to wait for the closing to book, but you'll be on the hook for the cost of the tix if something falls through.

I was their first caller. They had no idea how to proceed. They took down my information and someone from Disney will get back to me.

Man, you're having a heck of a day, huh? I just read your post about the cruise upgrade too! These incentives aren't all they're cracked up to be! Good thing the reason we bought was because we wanted BLT points...not for these incentives!

I had the same response to the Mary Poppins tickets question. The ticket rep said the details weren't fully worked out yet. (So did the DVC quality assurance person who I spoke to on Friday - and she said she would call me back with info too).

Man, you're having a heck of a day, huh? I just read your post about the cruise upgrade too! These incentives aren't all they're cracked up to be! Good thing the reason we bought was because we wanted BLT points...not for these incentives!
Eh...the only one I'm REALLY concerned about is the free week from RCI. I'm sure the others will sort themselves out. I'll take the cruise in whatever room I can get for free if they charge too much for the upgrade. People with 5 I feel kinda bad for.
I had the same response to the Mary Poppins tickets question. The ticket rep said the details weren't fully worked out yet. (So did the DVC quality assurance person who I spoke to on Friday - and she said she would call me back with info too).
Have you heard anything else about this? They took my number early yesterday and I've heard nothing since. I don't know what worked out means to these people some times. Maybe they could work this stuff out before they offer it as an incentive?

I have not heard anything yet about the Mary Poppins tickets. Although, it is still a bit early this morning fyet or box office types.

I got a message from DVC this morning advising me that a list was provided to the ticket office, and you were to call the number listed on the documents you received. But, when I called and told them I was on a list, the ticket office said they thought it was still being worked out, and the they or DVC would call. I said DVC did call, it is worked out, but the agent did not have info, aside from taking my name to call back. (It is the group sales/subsciption number, not the general box office.) So, perhaps still some education needing to happen at the theater....

I talked to some woman from Broadway in Chicago today. They still don't have it all worked out, but she took down my address and a few dates and she will mail my tickets as soon as they get the final OK from Disney.

What she did say that was interesting was that while the paperwork states it's good till shows in mid May, we'll be able to book into mid July and in fact my dates were all late June, early July. We'll have to see but that would make the seats much better since some of the dates (after June 3rd) don't even go on sale till after March 13th on ticketmaster.

I received the same info from Broadway in Chicago as well, and will be happy to have a date in June. I wanted a Saturday matinee. It sounds like they will just "purchase" them for us from the available seats. Of course, I have to wait until they get everything set, but they will mail the tickets.

All that we have done is sign the paper work to finalize our sale, but we haven't gotten our cruise voucher or Mary Poppins voucher yet. Did you get yours quickly after returning your signed papers?

All that we have done is sign the paper work to finalize our sale, but we haven't gotten our cruise voucher or Mary Poppins voucher yet. Did you get yours quickly after returning your signed papers?
You don't get a MP voucher. The paperwork you sign has the info on the MP deal. There is a phone number to call for Broadway in Chicago (I believe it's 312-977-1717 the season ticket number). If you call they'll (they should) take down your info and dates and mail you the tix when the deal is finalized with Disney.

As for the cruise voucher that's supposed to be mailed shortly after the contract closes. It goes to be closed within days after the 10 day waiting period after the date your notary signed (and all the other dates on your paperwork, which should be the same).

Has anyone decided where they are taking their RCI trips yet?? We are trying to use it for Disneyland but are not sure of any of the options that would be close enough.

Just looking for some opinions. We are traveling with my 2 year old DD. So we can't be in a car for hours and need something else to do in the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter