February 2012 Car Rentals

krystalleigh1

DIS Veteran
I don't see a thread here for Feb 2012 so here goes:

Prices still seem pretty high for my dates Feb 6-13th. The cheapest mini-van I've found is through Dollar for $372. I'm pretty sure it'll go down and I'm crossing my fingers that it will go down a LOT.

Anyone getting any decent rates for Feb yet?

I doubt rates will go down. I've been watching for Feb 3rd to 12th. I reserved a van at Alamo a couple of months ago and got the 10 days for $575. Since then the rate has gone up to over $800. Would love for it to come down below $500!

I doubt rates will go down. I've been watching for Feb 3rd to 12th. I reserved a van at Alamo a couple of months ago and got the 10 days for $575. Since then the rate has gone up to over $800. Would love for it to come down below $500!

Try Budget using BCD Number x474200 (travelocity public code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Total for your dates is $385.69 inc taxes after coupon is applied when your return minivan.

I don't see a thread here for Feb 2012 so here goes:

Prices still seem pretty high for my dates Feb 6-13th. The cheapest mini-van I've found is through Dollar for $372. I'm pretty sure it'll go down and I'm crossing my fingers that it will go down a LOT.

Anyone getting any decent rates for Feb yet?

With Budget using BCD x474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off the total incl taxes is $272.84 after coupon is applied when return vehicle.

Ok, I have been looking at minivans for Feb. 24 - 28 and can't seem to get prices below 700 - 1,000 dollars! :scared1:

What is the deal?

Anne

With Budget using BCD x474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off the total incl taxes is $272.84 after coupon is applied when return vehicle.

Thank You!!! The rental dropped from over $700.00 to $274.00.

Now I have to ask, Has anyone used this code successfully? Does this coupon need to be presented? I want to be certain it applies to our situation and that this will all work out as planned.

Thank You!!! The rental dropped from over $700.00 to $274.00.

Now I have to ask, Has anyone used this code successfully? Does this coupon need to be presented? I want to be certain it applies to our situation and that this will all work out as planned.

No coupon needs to be presented since it is an E-Coupon and I have used this code myself since it is a travelocity public code. There is a thread devoted to this specific code if you look and lots of people have used it.

Comments please to all who have posted on this particular post. I just checked out the cost of renting a Mini-van from budget from Jul 18-28, 2012, cost was $906 before taxes. After I put the travelocity code in, that $906 goes down too $360. I guess I should jump on this????? Appreciate any comments you can provide.

ode

Ok, I have been looking at minivans for Feb. 24 - 28 and can't seem to get prices below 700 - 1,000 dollars! :scared1:

What is the deal?

Anne

That is Feb school vacation here in the Northeast (at least in CT it is and Presidents day right) So yeah.. That is not going to be fun to get less

I've got Budget Mini Van reserved using the Budget codes mentioned above.

Feb 11-21, 2012 10 days $472 less $30 coupon = $442. hoping it goes down some.

What is the deal?

Anne

luvsTink,
I just looked at a mini-van rental for Feb 24-28 through Budget using the travelocity code and the cost comes in at $237. Hopefully this helps....

You should see rental rates drop about 3 weeks before your trip. That is what I have noticed with the last couple of trips we have taken. So be patient they will come down.

Anyone seen any good coupons for Alamo or National? I want rent a car from the Car Care center for most of our trip, but use the ME to get to/from the airport to CSR. We'd need the car from Feb 12th - 17th (returning it the day before we leave to make it easier). I did luck out that my cc upgraded me to signiture status so I get free rental car insurance through them, and we'll probably pack our own gps unit so we don't have to rent one. Just 2 of us, don't need anything huge but would prefer something at least 1-2 grades bigger then the smallest size for safety.

Anyone seen any good coupons for Alamo or National? I want rent a car from the Car Care center for most of our trip, but use the ME to get to/from the airport to CSR. We'd need the car from Feb 12th - 17th (returning it the day before we leave to make it easier). I did luck out that my cc upgraded me to signiture status so I get free rental car insurance through them, and we'll probably pack our own gps unit so we don't have to rent one. Just 2 of us, don't need anything huge but would prefer something at least 1-2 grades bigger then the smallest size for safety.

I see the current Alamo coupon for $35 off expire on Feb 6, 2012 so the new one probably will not be out till this one expires. Have you signed up for the free Insiders program with Alamo? Members are offered better coupons than what it available to the general public.

Try Budget using BCD Number x474200 (travelocity public code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Total for your dates is $385.69 inc taxes after coupon is applied when your return minivan.

Thanks so much for posting this! Saved us a TON of money since like everyone else, I wasn't finding any minivans for less than about $450 for Feb. 24-28 and we need 2 vehicles.:banana:

Anyone seen any good coupons for Alamo or National? I want rent a car from the Car Care center for most of our trip, but use the ME to get to/from the airport to CSR.

When I rented from Alamo in November, I watched rates from both MCO and the CCC and the Car Care Center was always MUCH higher than renting from the airport. I ended up getting a standard-size for something like $120 from MCO for the week, and when we got there several small-size SUV's were parked in the standard-size aisle. So we ended up getting a great deal for a Jeep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter