***** February 2022 Thread *****

This potential weather event is making me so stressed! We're supposed to fly out of Newark, NJ at 6am Saturday morning! UGHHH

Right now I have 3 possibilities circling in my head. I can't push the trip a day later w/out losing out on what I spent for the 1st night at AKL b/c I rented DVC points. So, here are the 3 options I'm currently contemplating, pending more definite weather info as we get a little closer -

- no change, just hope for the best

- drive to Newark Friday evening & stay at an airport hotel so we won't have to commute to the airport in the early morning hours (extra $)

- try to reschedule our flight to Friday evening & find an Orlando hotel for that night. Added stress of this is I have to work all day on Fri, so I'd be having to hotspot my laptop to my phone for the drive down, and then spending the last hour or so of work on airport wifi. This option would avoid all the weather stress, but would also add extra $

Ooof, I don't know what to do!

i was going to move it back a day to friday but i would have taken the day off if we did that, which it sounds like you are unable to do so that does complicate things a little. i ended up moving it foward to sunday because I did not want to leave my wife and daughter stuck at home in all that snow. figured id take care of things at home and just go sunday, and with pop having my new dates available it was a no brainer.

its really a tough call. originally it looked like it was going to start betting bad friday night but now it seems like it might be the worst on saturday morning. i think flying saturday morning is risky whether you stay close to the airport or not, so if you can pull off friday i would do that. Whay if you flew 6am friday and worked from orlando? Youd probably be at a hotel by like 10am. is that an option?

This potential weather event is making me so stressed! We're supposed to fly out of Newark, NJ at 6am Saturday morning! UGHHH

Right now I have 3 possibilities circling in my head. I can't push the trip a day later w/out losing out on what I spent for the 1st night at AKL b/c I rented DVC points. So, here are the 3 options I'm currently contemplating, pending more definite weather info as we get a little closer -

- no change, just hope for the best

- drive to Newark Friday evening & stay at an airport hotel so we won't have to commute to the airport in the early morning hours (extra $)

- try to reschedule our flight to Friday evening & find an Orlando hotel for that night. Added stress of this is I have to work all day on Fri, so I'd be having to hotspot my laptop to my phone for the drive down, and then spending the last hour or so of work on airport wifi. This option would avoid all the weather stress, but would also add extra $

Ooof, I don't know what to do!
similiar but not the same boat.
we fly out of philly at 7am sunday morning. i know the storm will be over by then but who knows if it will get canceled or super delayed over the storm. if I could move our trip to friday I would but with this snow coming I can't leave my mom to handle it all on her own. we have a farm so alot more then shoveling driveways to deal with.

I think saturday morning is tough go... im so sorry you are dealing with this... I can't sleep over the stress of it... even my excitement for the trip has gone away...

My BF and I will be heading down to Disney tomorrow for a quick day trip! Meeting his sister and her BF at Biergarten for an early dinner. We are planning to drive to DS to activate our APs, take a bus to a resort (maybe we can visit our beloved WL lobby 🥰) and then take a bus to EPCOT.

We’re just gonna go and have fun! It will be nice to get a “feel” for it before our big vacation the first week of Feb so I will report back here on crowd levels and weather. If any of you are curious about anything before your Feb trips, I’ll see if I can get some info for you!

What a roller coaster of a day!!! :upsidedow :faint:

After much thought, we decided to switch our flight to Friday b/c of the impending snow storm. After much nonsense w/having to cancel my whole roundtrip flight itinerary b/c it was booked on points, getting a glitch when trying to do it online, waiting for a call-back, watching the Fri flights I was eyeing disappear, finally getting canceled, rebooking the flight down at an airport actually closer to me, rebooking the return flight, & managing to have to spend more points but no actual extra $$ for the flight I am SO RELIEVED!!!

My BF just booked the Disney Springs Hilton for Fri night, & while we have the added expense of a hotel night, we don't need to spend on an Uber or airport parking to our departure airport b/c my dad can drive us! I will just spend the day working remotely at the hotel (we land around 9:30am), & now we'll be able to walk over to Disney Springs for the evening!

It was a stressful couple of hours but I feel SO MUCH BETTER now! :goodvibes:cool1::banana::hyper:

After much thought, we decided to switch our flight to Friday b/c of the impending snow storm. After much nonsense w/having to cancel my whole roundtrip flight itinerary b/c it was booked on points, getting a glitch when trying to do it online, waiting for a call-back, watching the Fri flights I was eyeing disappear, finally getting canceled, rebooking the flight down at an airport actually closer to me, rebooking the return flight, & managing to have to spend more points but no actual extra $$ for the flight I am SO RELIEVED!!!

My BF just booked the Disney Springs Hilton for Fri night, & while we have the added expense of a hotel night, we don't need to spend on an Uber or airport parking to our departure airport b/c my dad can drive us! I will just spend the day working remotely at the hotel (we land around 9:30am), & now we'll be able to walk over to Disney Springs for the evening!

It was a stressful couple of hours but I feel SO MUCH BETTER now! :goodvibes:cool1::banana::hyper:
Yay! So glad you got it all figured out.

so glad you are beating this storm. send me good vibes for my sunday morning flight!

Feb 21-26 Grand Floridian

Maybe the 20th if any hotel availability opens up somewhere we haven't stayed before (on a mission to stay at all the hotels!)

Grandma, Grandpa, DS, Me, DH, DS (4) and DD (11mo)

This is a special trip- we were at the Yacht in July and our DS had a medical emergency and had to leave by ambulance and spend time at Celebration Hospital. It was terrifying and traumatic, to say the least. This trip will make some happier memories- and 2 nights were gifted to us by Disney! This will be our first GF stay. Also celebrating Grandpa's retirement after 35 years serving as Chief in our Sherriff's Office! Leaving the day after he retires!

Maybe the 20th if any hotel availability opens up somewhere we haven't stayed before (on a mission to stay at all the hotels!)

This is a special trip- we were at the Yacht in July and our DS had a medical emergency and had to leave by ambulance and spend time at Celebration Hospital. It was terrifying and traumatic, to say the least. This trip will make some happier memories- and 2 nights were gifted to us by Disney! This will be our first GF stay. Also celebrating Grandpa's retirement after 35 years serving as Chief in our Sherriff's Office! Leaving the day after he retires!
Wow! Sounds like a great trip planned with lots of celebrations and new memory making.

Glad your DS is okay!

Thank you ❤ He caught croup in the parks, and with his asthma it came on pretty furiously. Thankfully he was okay! More scary than anything.
Oh yes, croup is awful!! I had a friend with 2 kids who had asthma and were prone to croup and I was her 'go to' person if she needed to rush one to the hospital. She'd call, I'd run outside, hop in the van as she drove up and then park the van for her at the hospital. We took more trips like that than I care to remember!

Hope you build many new, wonderful memories on this upcoming trip!

Wow! Sounds like a good trip. Hopefully you make many good memories to replace the last trip's memories. And congratulations to grandpa for his retirement!

Oh yes, croup is awful!! I had a friend with 2 kids who had asthma and were prone to croup and I was her 'go to' person if she needed to rush one to the hospital. She'd call, I'd run outside, hop in the van as she drove up and then park the van for her at the hospital. We took more trips like that than I care to remember!

Hope you build many new, wonderful memories on this upcoming trip!
Thank you for sharing, it feels good know know someone understands! I am sorry your friend's babies dealt with this too, you are a great friend!

Hope this is allowed here even though it’s still Jan lol.

Successful day at EPCOT! Headed home now and super exited for our week long vacation the second week of Feb. Crowds were very manageable at EPCOT and Biergarten was delicious (their grapefruit beer is amazing omg)! Can’t say for the other parks, but hopefully the crowds stay manageable.

The weather was overcast but no rain! Hopefully I’ll have some sunshine the 6-11. This FL girl needs it haha. Mostly 60s all day, light jacket in morning and evening, took them off in the afternoon.

Cast members were super lovely and luckily all guests I ran into were very kind. Mostly everyone was excited about the art festival. Masks were strongly enforced indoors and I didn’t notice anyone intentionally dismissing the rule. I put mine on going through some parts of the world showcase that had bursts of tight crowds outside. Otherwise I felt super safe.

I hope everyone who has trips coming up next month have an amazing time and a smooth travels. The magic is definitely still there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter