Feeling REALLY Guilty

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
I knew the day would come where I needed to unload some points. With our recent additions at AKV we just had too many points to use.
I sat with the charts and figured our future stays at VWL, AKV, and VB. We simply had excess points, and keeping them just for sentimental reasons didn't make sense.

Yesterday our first contract purchased (.000) was sent to Disney for ROFR.
I feel really bad. Perhaps because this was our inaugural contract, or maybe because I'm selling a large chunk of my beloved VWL (don't panic VWL brethren, we're still keeping enough VWL for two trips per year at VWL).

Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest to clear my conscience!!
Thanx for listening... :smokin:

MG

PS- So far The Timeshare Store has been a first class outfit to to business with. They are all great people willing to help with any and all questions. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a bad case of separation anxiety:goodvibes

It will pass...........Take 2 trips and call me in the morning:sick:

:grouphug: I know how hard that must have been, I cant bring myself to do that just yet, and I have too many.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared: :scared: :scared: Say it aint so!!!

Seriously, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. We will still hold your place in the VWL groupies.;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared: :scared: :scared: Say it aint so!!!

Seriously, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. We will still hold your place in the VWL groupies.;)
Phew, thanx! :scared:
I just need to re-emphasize so nobody thinks we are ditching VWL-- I will still have 350 at VWL after the sale.
We opted for more at AKV because of the GV option when we take family.

Thanx for your support!! :)

MG

350 is still a nice healthy number of points! plus now your ownership has been extended into 2057!

350 is still a nice healthy number of points! plus now your ownership has been extended into 2057!
We still have too many actually. 350 is just at VWL. We have another 300 at VB, and 450 at AKV. We are in the process of selling 450 at VWL.
That makes 1550 total. That's just too many for only my wife and me (no kids). :smokin:

MG

We still have too many actually. 350 is just at VWL. We have another 300 at VB, and 450 at AKV. We are in the process of selling 450 at VWL.
That makes 1550 total. That's just too many for only my wife and me (no kids). :smokin:

MG

Too many?! Perish the thought. We have 715 and we still need more! (of course we are a family of 5)

Too many?! Perish the thought. We have 715 and we still need more! (of course we are a family of 5)
Ahhh... If only I had more vacation time I just know I could find a way to use them!

Work always gets in the way of my fun time! :smokin:

MG

Yesterday our first contract purchased (.000) was sent to Disney for ROFR.
I feel really bad. Perhaps because this was our inaugural contract, or maybe because I'm selling a large chunk of my beloved VWL

I feel like I don't even know you any more. (Not like I knew you before this, but this is just the cherry on top)

If you had a bunch of different contracts at different resorts, I really think the mature thing to do would have been to discuss your hopes, dreams and fears on the DIS, and maybe post a poll and we could have voted to see which contract to ditch.

Ahhh... If only I had more vacation time I just know I could find a way to use them!

Work always gets in the way of my fun time! :smokin:

MG

well you should consider a Africia safari with a stop at VWL going and coming a stop at AKV....

that is something I would love if I had enough points....:banana:

Gee, and I thought selling my one 50 point OKW contract (different UY) to buy a better trading timeshare was radical.

We sold 50 VWL points recently. Still have 150 at VWL, though - :) My husband really pouted over selling those 50 VWL points. He did NOT want to part with any of them. To make him feel better, we added 55 back on at SSR (longer ending date for the kids). But he still talks about letting those 50 lodge points go. We're down to 260 total DVC points from a high of 395 at one time.

350 is just at VWL. We have another 300 at VB, and 450 at AKV. We are in the process of selling 450 at VWL.
That makes 1550 total. That's just too many for only my wife and me (no kids).

Wow! I can only dream of having so many points, or of having the problem of having too many! I have 340 points, and am looking to add 45-50 more. But after that I'll run out of vacation time at work, so no more add-ons.

MG....let me see if I have this right.

You stay at the GF and post about your guilt feelings regarding that and that you were "cheating" on VWL as you made time with GF.

Now you are spinning off some VWL points for your latest girlfriend, AKV. Apparently, this younger one has "bigger villas" that seem to appeal to you. :eek:

Now I'm not one to judge, but it looks like you just might not be a "one resort" kind of man. :confused3

Hey, if you can keep all three resorts happy with you, more power to you! :thumbsup2

Just remember that there is no fury like a resort scorned! :scared1:

MG....let me see if I have this right.

You stay at the GF and post about your guilt feelings regarding that and that you were "cheating" on VWL as you made time with GF.

Now you are spinning off some VWL points for your latest girlfriend, AKV. Apparently, she has "bigger villas" that seem to appeal to you. :eek:

Now I'm not one to judge, but it looks like you just might not be a "one resort" kind of man. :confused3

Hey, if you can keep all three resorts happy with you, more power to you! :thumbsup2

Just remember that there is no fury like a resort scorned! :scared1:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Yes, but my "affair" with the GF is over. I have since changed my December '07 trip to VWL! :thumbsup2

I was temporarily infatuated with the GF, but have since seen the error of my ways...
Forgive me!! :teeth:

PS- VWL will always be my first.

MG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter