Few more questions

jimim

DIS Veteran
So I’m going to pay our balance today. It’s due 2nd of April. I’m silver level.

We are in parks before cruise.

Does Disney set my pickup time from the resort or do I? Cause when I pay it off don’t I select my arrival window at the port?

My wife was on Facebook and mentioned something about a midnight log on to pick what time you get on ship? I thought it went a different way.

Can someone explain it to me. It’s been 16 plus years. Lol

You can book excursions and onboard activities after you pay-in-full -- how long after depends on your CC status. If you are Silver CC (1-4 previous DCL cruises) then that is at 90 days prior to embarkation.

Online check-in is when you select a PAT (port arrival time) and that will be roughly one month prior to embarkation -- 33 days for Silver CC.

Make sure you have your DCL Transfers included in your reservation already.

As was mentioned on-line check is at 33 days, you will also need to upload scanned pictures of your passports or birth certificates as well as a "selfie" security photo. None of that is done at the port all is done through the app.

Ok so I make sure I got this. I’ll pay in full today and I’ll pay for my transfers today.

Then 33 days out I’ll upload my info and get my resort pick up time? I won’t be picking that time. It will be given to me vs if coming from mco?

Ok so I make sure I got this. I’ll pay in full today and I’ll pay for my transfers today.

Then 33 days out I’ll upload my info and get my resort pick up time? I won’t be picking that time. It will be given to me vs if coming from mco?
Your resort pick-up time will be given to you at the hotel the night before the cruise. It varies according to how many other passengers they'll be picking up and they may stop at three hotels.

Online check-in is when you select a PAT (port arrival time) and that will be roughly one month prior to embarkation -- 33 days for Silver CC
You don't pick a PAT if you are using DCL transfers from a resort. It will be assigned to you. You will get the meeting time/pickup time via e-mail 1-2 days before your cruise.

So I’m going to pay our balance today. It’s due 2nd of April. I’m silver level.

We are in parks before cruise.

Does Disney set my pickup time from the resort or do I? Cause when I pay it off don’t I select my arrival window at the port?

My wife was on Facebook and mentioned something about a midnight log on to pick what time you get on ship? I thought it went a different way.

Can someone explain it to me. It’s been 16 plus years. Lol
You still have to go online and do the check-in process. Be sure to have your DCL transportation booked. The night before your cruise you will find out your pick up time. Bell services will pick up your luggage from your room at around 7am. You should receive luggage tapes in the mail to attach to your luggage. Bon Voyage!

You don't pick a PAT if you are using DCL transfers from a resort. It will be assigned to you. You will get the meeting time/pickup time via e-mail 1-2 days before your cruise.
Correct. My response was more general to the basic timeline.
PIF...
then book activities...
then online checkin (which is when PAT is done if needed)

and there can be lags of weeks/months in between each step

Ok thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate it a lot.

Last last one. I promise. So when we get picked up that day and end up at the port if it’s after 11 we can board? Or are we given that time also? We don’t pick that one?

There’s the Port Arrival Time. Which is the time you can enter the terminal. After that is the Boarding Group number. That is the “group” that you can board the ship with. It varies depending on how fast the boarding is going. Generally “open boarding” might be after 1. Cabins may be ready around 2. Again, those times are “fluid”.

Ok thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate it a lot.

Last last one. I promise. So when we get picked up that day and end up at the port if it’s after 11 we can board? Or are we given that time also? We don’t pick that one?
Both times we have had Disney transportation to the port from our WDW resort, we have arrived later in the boarding window so we were able to go straight through the process and board. My recollection is that we were picked up at our resort around 11 AM or Noon... I know we just ate lunch at the resort since we knew we'd get to the ship a little later and didn't want to mess around with trying to eat right away.

In March 2023 my pick up time from my Disney resort was 9:45am. Times seem to be earlier now, than in the past. I was given boarding group 3 during online check in.
We got off the bus just before 11am and I was on the ship and in the adults only quiet cove infinity pool a little before noon.

In March 2023 my pick up time from my Disney resort was 9:45am. Times seem to be earlier now, than in the past. I was given boarding group 3 during online check in.
We got off the bus just before 11am and I was on the ship and in the adults only quiet cove infinity pool a little before noon.
Oh yah. Thats what I want. lol pick me up early so I get on early!

Thanks everyone. You all cleared up a lot for us!

For our January cruise, we had a meeting time of 9:30, and we left our resort sometime before or around 10:30. We had boarding group #4, and when we got into the terminal, they were just announcing boarding group 5. That was around 11:40. But in September, we came from the Hyatt and got into the terminal around 10:30. We had boarding group 6, and they didn't start with boarding group 1 until about 11:55 a.m. So it does vary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter