Fight between Flight Attendant and Passenger

Imho
No idea who elbowed or didn’t, but the escalation was crazy.
If someone/anyone cannot be calmed down and the situation dissipated... Police should be alerted. Person should be cuffed/zip tied and moved and let them figure it all out , outside the airplane when they land.

It’s really just Horrifying!
It does appears the flight attendant was spit at in her face ( as she repeatedly had tried to diffuse the situation) then she slapped him and then he punched her.
It also looked like the first male flight attendant was also spat upon.??
And the wife (?) video taped her husband/male...
that ll likely land him with charges.
All pathetically sad.

Imho
No idea who elbowed or didn’t, but the escalation was crazy.
If someone/anyone cannot be calmed down and the situation dissipated... Police should be alerted. Person should be cuffed/zip tied and moved and let them figure it all out , outside the airplane when they land.

It’s really just Horrifying!
It does appears the flight attendant was spit at in her face ( as she repeatedly had tried to diffuse the situation) then she slapped him and then he punched her.
It also looked like the first male flight attendant was also spat upon.??
And the wife (?) video taped her husband/male...
that ll likely land him with charges.
All pathetically sad.

Yes, the male crew member was definitely spat upon twice. Frankly, the crew maintained their patience for much longer than I probably could have. How long are they suppose to give someone to calm down?

Yes, the male crew member was definitely spat upon twice. Frankly, the crew maintained their patience for much longer than I probably could have. How long are they suppose to give someone to calm down?

Very painful to watch. I cannot believe this went on for so long. Way too long. Once the male f/a was spat on, that should have been it. He should have been put in lock ties, and the captain landing at the nearest airport. As to your question, there is not hard answer as each situation is different ... but not this long. The man was out of control. It needed to end way before it did.

The entire crew should not have been around the issue, only one or two. It only escalates the situation when the passenger is outnumbered by crew surrounding him. And I cannot get into details, but the other members have specific things they need to do during this type of situation. Maybe they have different techniques in Europe, but I would classify this as a learning tool on what not to do. I don't fault the crew, they were trying and this was a very heated situation. (and credit to the female f/a who did the best at standing up to him)

I am stunned no passengers got involved. Could have been since it was an international carrier, idk. It is a different mindset than the US, esp after 9/11. Crew can always ask for help, and people will step up. (From my past, passengers usually will get involved without even needing to be asked.)

Assaulting crew is a federal offense in the US. Hope it is there. Arrested, fined, and potential jail time. And yes, lifetime ban from the airline.

And the title of the article is horrible. It reads as it is placing blame on the crew. :mad:

I have experienced horrible flight passenger behavior and horrible flight crew behavior, so I won't assume who was more wrong in allowing the issue to get to the point where the video begins. If this guy really was trying to protect a woman who was being repeatedly assaulted by other passengers (yes, elbowing is assault) and the flight crew did nothing to help, I can absolutely see him blowing up and this getting out of control quickly.

It is a shame that this wasn't handled better all the way around. People just don't care enough about one another.

I have experienced horrible flight passenger behavior and horrible flight crew behavior, so I won't assume who was more wrong in allowing the issue to get to the point where the video begins. If this guy really was trying to protect a woman who was being repeatedly assaulted by other passengers (yes, elbowing is assault) and the flight crew did nothing to help, I can absolutely see him blowing up and this getting out of control quickly.

It is a shame that this wasn't handled better all the way around. People just don't care enough about one another.

Situations like this are never truly one sided. I don't know (as none of us do) how it was handled before this. If the flight was full, crew may have not been able to reseat the woman. Technically we are not supposed to ask people to switch seats. Yes, we do ask, but we are told not to. And imho, it depends if it was jarring elbowing. Did they do it maliciously to take over the armrest? Or was it because they asked her to move her arm out of their personal space and she refused? We don't know!! Honestly, if my hands were tied and no one wanted to move, I would have asked that one of them switch seats with the woman who said she felt assaulted. Common sense to me that the family could have done that before it got to this, but they didn't. :confused3

ETA: and no matter how upset you are about the situation and lack of handling, going that far to spit on crew and hitting a woman. NO!! Crew may have handled it wrong, but it didn't warrant that extreme of behavior.

Last edited:
Just FYI, the guy who produces OneMileAtATime is one of our local Miami millennial crybabies.

He's apparently a frequent international business traveler and about 99% of his stories are just like this -- a video from Twitter or a news story from some media source, with his negative spin no matter what the facts.

I don't think I've ever seen one single story that was complimentary to the airlines or airline personnel.

"There's always a nit to pick," and that's his MO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter