Final Aulani Details

Jamie

Mouseketeer
We are leaving in a week and I still have a couple of little details to figure out.

First - last year when we arrived they took our car to "get if out of the way" while we checked it (we wanted to self park) and it took about 5 minutes to check in and 20 minutes to get the car back. It was kind of annoying. Anyone else have this experience or have you been allow to leave your car in the portico while you checked it?

Second - we are going to Diamond Head one day and wanted to continues on Hwy 72 (east?) to just tour the island. Anyone have anything in that area to recommend to do, restaurants etc.?

Thanks for your help!

I think whether or not they have to love your car just depends on how busy they are.

The portico area seemed really busy on Friday and Saturday but pretty quiet otherwise last week. That said it never took them more than a couple minutes to bring our car around when we valet parked.

If you're going past diamond head, hanauma bay is nearby, and great for snorkeling if you're into that. I went with my 4 year old and we saw a seat turtle within 5 minutes of getting in the water.

First - last year when we arrived they took our car to "get if out of the way" while we checked it (we wanted to self park) and it took about 5 minutes to check in and 20 minutes to get the car back. It was kind of annoying. Anyone else have this experience or have you been allow to leave your car in the portico while you checked it?

They did not take our car away. However, if they are busy and are going to take the car away, you could have one person go park while the other goes to check in (assuming you aren't going solo).

I'm pretty sure they left our car outside the lobby when we checked in, we moved it to the self park garage afterwards. It was a Monday, so maybe not too busy. I'd be kind of annoyed to wait 20 minutes too!

I second Hanauma Bay for amazing snorkeling. They do close the park, though, if the parking lot fills up (which it does). If you can get in, though, the fish you see are just incredible. Hundreds of them, all colors, big, small. The Halona blowhole is just past Hanauma Bay, fun to check out. Also Makapuu lighthouse is a little further along 72.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter