Finding Mexico Riveria Cruises

disneydance

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

I was looking for a Mexico Riveria cruise for this summer and was unable to find any through Royal Caribbean. The only cruises I could find were through Carnival which is a huge no no in my book. Are cruise lines just not cruising there anymore with all the issues. Is that a stay away from destination? We would really love to cruise on Royal Carribean as we would like the activies on the ship more than Disney simply since we're young adults and we feel like they have more to offer than Disney. Just looking for a bit of insight!

Best wishes,

Disneydance

Hi there,

I was looking for a Mexico Riveria cruise for this summer and was unable to find any through Royal Caribbean. The only cruises I could find were through Carnival which is a huge no no in my book. Are cruise lines just not cruising there anymore with all the issues. Is that a stay away from destination? We would really love to cruise on Royal Carribean as we would like the activies on the ship more than Disney simply since we're young adults and we feel like they have more to offer than Disney. Just looking for a bit of insight!

Best wishes,

Disneydance
Royal Caribbean pulled out of southern California a few years ago, and currently doesn't do any Mexican Riviera cruises.

our very first cruise was the Mexican Riviera. It was a Carnival ship.

the ports sucked. while we never felt unsafe, they were dirty, rundown, overrun with vagrants/pushy vendors and generally not that friendly a people.

all the ship did for us was show us that cruising overall was an awesome way to spend a vacation. just not with Carnival.

our very first cruise was the Mexican Riviera. It was a Carnival ship.

the ports sucked. while we never felt unsafe, they were dirty, rundown, overrun with vagrants/pushy vendors and generally not that friendly a people.

all the ship did for us was show us that cruising overall was an awesome way to spend a vacation. just not with Carnival.
A "classic" 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise will have pretty much the same itinerary regardless of the cruise line: Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan, although for a few years now Mazatlan has been by-passed due to security concerns and many ships over-night and do 2 days in Cabo. Mazatlan is beginning to show up back on itineraries though. NCL, Princess, Carnival and Holland America all do the Mexican Riviera at some point during the year - every mainstream line except RCCL. (Disney is apparently doing shorter, Baja cruises but not all the way down the coast.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter