Finger Food Recipes Please...

TwinMom7

Proud Mom of a United States Marine
Daughter's baby shower is next weekend and I'd like to impress the guests...but I don't want to have to heat anything and I'd like great finger foods. There's about 5 of us who are going to get together the day before and do an "assembly line" of appetizer trays. Any great ideas??

This is my favorite appetizer recipe. I serve it at every party, and it always gets good reviews.

Cream Cheese Rollups
From Southern Living 1998 Annual Recipes
2 (8 oz) packages low fat cream cheese, softened
1 (1 oz) package Hidden Valley Ranch ranch dressing mix
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chilis
4 green onions, chopped, optional
1 (4 oz) jar chopped pimiento, drained, optional
1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1. Beat cream cheese and dressing mix at medium speed with electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in remaining ingredients except tortillas.
2. Spread cream cheese mixture over tortillas; roll up. Wrap each in plastic wrap; chill at least 3 hours. Cut each roll diagonally into 10 slices.
5 dozen appetizers

This is going to sound too incredibly easy and not so pretty, but if you take a few bags of the "Buddig" beef, you know, the cheap (er...inexpensive) lunchmeat bags next to the oscarmeyer stuff...and buy a tub of french onion dip, spread some on each piece, roll it up and put a toothpick in it, they will go like hotcakes...I cut mine in thirds. Seriously, I'm lucky if they make them to the party my family loves it so much. It's just a good combination of flavors, and it's too easy!

Good luck with the shower! :) And you might want to try allrecipes.com and search appetizers...you may find some you like.

:D

This is a simple finger food. Best made 1 to 2 days in advance.

Soft Flour Tortilla
Cream Cheese (softened to room temp)
Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
Black Olives (cut up tiny pieces)
Onion (diced tiny)
Green Peppers (diced tiny)
Tomatoes (diced tiny)

Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on the tortilla.
Then add any/all of the above toppings.
Roll up tight and cut into slices.

Enjoy!

Veggie Pizza Bites

crust 2 (8oz.) pkgs crescent rolls
press out flat on a 17 1/2 x 11 1/2 inch large cookie sheet.
bake 350 for 8 to 10 min. let cool.

mix thoroughly:
2 (8 oz) pkgs. cream cheese
1c. salad dressing (miracle whip)
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Origianl salad dressing

spread dressing mixture over cold crust. Top with chopped veggies (carrots, celery,
green pepper, broccoli, cauliflower).Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Refrigerate
overnight. Cut into squares and serve.

You can use several differnt veggies. This recipe can be made into low fat.
Enjoy :p :p

1 Loaf Party Rye Bread (usually found at deli)
Cream Cheese
Cucumber (sliced thin)
Dill

Take 1 slice of the party; spread thin layer of cream cheese, add slice of cuke and top of with a little dill.

Enjoy!

Chix Salad
Ham Salad
Tuna Salad
Fresh Pead Pods (raw)
Cherry tomatoes

Basically make or purchase any or all of the above salads.
Slice open the pea pod (along vein) and stuff w/ salad.
Cherry Tomato can be use to -- just carve out a small hole.

Here's a favorite at our house for every party. You make them ahead of time and then just reheat.

Sausage Cheese Balls

2 cups Bisquick
8 oz brick of cheddar cheese, shredded
16 oz bulk sausage (like Jimmy Dean) we use the hot variety

Combine all ingredients in large bowl. It will be very crumbly. Just try to get all of the Bisquick moistened with the sausage and cheese. Roll into small balls. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until browned.

These freeze very well so you can make them far in advance. The day of the party, just place on a cookie sheet and heat for 10-15 minutes.
Hope you like them!

Geri, those sound really good! Do you cook up the sausage before mixing it in?

:) Thanks!
Robin

Cream Cheese Rollups

2 (8 oz) packages low fat cream cheese, softened
1 can of Frito Lay Jalapeno Cheese Dip
4 green onions, chopped
1 (4 oz) jar chopped pimiento, drained
1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
flour tortillas I use the Burrito Size
1. Beat cream cheese and cheese dip at medium speed with electric mixer until well mixed. Stir in remaining ingredients except tortillas.
2. Spread cream cheese mixture over tortillas; roll up. Store in refrigerator till set, I usually do this overnight. Cut each roll diagonally into bite size pieces and serve with picante sauce.

Hi Robin! Sorry, I didn't see your question till today (hope I'm not too late!)

No, you just put it in raw.....kinda just squeeze it out of the package!

And twinmom, congratulations!!! I just re-read your original message and it hit me....you're gonna be a grandma!!! How fun!

My Brother taught me this one!

Buy
Black Forest Ham slices at the Supermarket Deli
A bowl of the Soft Creme Cheese
green onions [the kind that you put in green salad] with good green tops
a box of toothpicks

Spread each ham slice with creme cheese and sprikle a few of the Chopped green onion Tops[save onion bulb for a salad] on it, then roll and secure with with toothpick.

These can be served whole or cut as small as you like with each secured with a toothpick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter