Fireworks and Fantasmic

scottygirl

Real Scottish Princess
Where is the best place to watch these shows that doesn't require staking out a spot 4 hours ahead of time? We will be at DL July 4-7 arriving late on the 4th with no intention of going to the parks that night. Thanks.

I would probably watch fireworks at "its a small world". They have added projections to the front of the ride, and you can see the fireworks from there. I would go to the 10:30 showing of F!. You should be able to get decents seats if you head over there after the fireworks.

Very good question...that is something I would like to know too.

Small World? Ummm maybe this should be pretty obvious, but where in Small World? Just around the attraction, or is there a special seating area?

Just stand facing the front of the ride. There is no seating (except the ground). They projections are on the front of it. I havent personally watched from there. We are willing to spend 1 1/2 hours to get a spot at the hub and see it all. But, I've read many reviews of it being a good spot. Good view, good place to get a spot at the last minute, and an easy place to exit when its over.

hlbtimes2,

I have never been to DL, so pardon my ignorance. What do you mean by projections? Also, at WDW Fantasmic is in an outdooe theatre, not so at DL? Where do you watch Fantasmic at DL? Thanks!! :confused3

The current fireworks show is so much more then just fireworks. There are projections (bits of film shown on the facade of the castle or IASW). They go along with the music and fireworks. For example there is one part that has music and dialog from Haunted Mansion. During that part there are ghosts projected on the castle- they look as if they are floating up the front of the castle. There are also other pyrotechnics, lasers, music, tinkbell in flight etc- its a complete show, not just fireworks in the sky. It really is best to watch it from the hub, near the partners statue. That way you can see the stuff around the hub and between the matterhorn and castle. But, if you arent willing to wait, go to its a small world and watch from there.

F! is performed on the rivers of america. There is not theater type seating at DL for it. You sit on the ground (in roped off sections), or pay for seats and dessert. If you want reserved seats they are $59. They are available on the balcony of the gallery or riverside. They include a dessert buffet. You would need to book them 30 days in advance. They go quickly, so you need to call at 8 am the day you can book (if you wanted say June 1, you would call on May 1). They are prepaid and non-refundable (unless the show is canceled).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter