Fireworks viewing from train station

swimrunmom

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I’m headed to Disney the first week of May. Several years ago I watched the fireworks from the train station on Main Street. Is this still allowed?

Yes you can BUT 100's also love that location.
As mentioned above, have to get in location hours before.

The train station may be reserved for other parties from time to time, so it's hit or miss as to whether you will be able to see the fireworks from that location. As others have mentioned, you have to get there early to snag a spot.

The most important advice that I can give you is to check with the Cast Members before you start to wait. There is nothing worse than waiting in your spot for however long and then being told you have to move because the train station is closed.

~NM

The train station may be reserved for other parties from time to time, so it's hit or miss as to whether you will be able to see the fireworks from that location. As others have mentioned, you have to get there early to snag a spot.

The most important advice that I can give you is to check with the Cast Members before you start to wait. There is nothing worse than waiting in your spot for however long and then being told you have to move because the train station is closed.

~NM
THIS ^

We have gone when they had ropes across and not allowing anyone - bringing VIP folks later. And we have been where they asked everyone to leave the platform because they were bringing in a private party. With the return of HEA with the addition of Main St projections this might happen more often than normal because there won't be a better place to watch from.

Have a backup plan for sure!!

If it is available, it’s a fun place to watch. But claiming a spot isn’t easy; you need to be there very early. (Maybe grab some beverages and a snack too!). I haven’t done this in a long time, but remember once doing it with my mom (now deceased, who loved WDW ❤️). We met a lot of nice folks and the time flew by.

Is a question I always wondered. Do they lock up the train station when they shut down the train? At Main Street the only way for a wheelchair user to get up stairs is to take the side ramp up to the train station. But you have to go through the station to get to the veranda outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter