FIRPTA tax and Corona

Cyberc1978

DIS Veteran
I sold a contract which closed in December 20th 2019.

Afterwards the IRS was notified and a certificate was requested so the 15% could be released.

As I had an ITIN number already I didn’t need to apply for it again.

I was told by the FIRPTA agent back in December that the process would take 3 months.

The 3 months was up approx 21st of March 2020. I reached out to the agent for an update which told me that due to corona every took longer.

Question: can I call the IRS myself and ask for an update and does anyone have any idea how long I would need to wait?

I don't really know. I think the office that handles this tax is in Philadelphia, so you could start there and give them your ITIN. In my case my money arrived after about 2.5 months, so you might be looking at an extra month or so, beyond 3 months, by my guess.

I don't really know. I think the office that handles this tax is in Philadelphia, so you could start there and give them your ITIN. In my case my money arrived after about 2.5 months, so you might be looking at an extra month or so, beyond 3 months, by my guess.
Thanks. I’ll give them a call starting next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter