First Cruise???

robnoxious

Mouseketeer
So…booked our first cruise. 5 night Western Carribean on Independence of the Seas.

Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

I haven't been on Independence but I've been on Freedom, which is her sister ship. Absolutely loved Freedom. The ice show is not to be missed.

So…booked our first cruise. 5 night Western Carribean on Independence of the Seas.

Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

What's your itinerary? We've been to tons of different islands as port stops and could give you my impressions if I knew where you were going. We've also sailed a sister-ship to the IOS (Liberty of the Seas).

Congrats on your cruise booking! Cruise Critic is great, lots and lots of info, and roll calls, too. I like it here, too, dis feels nice!

I haven't been on RCCL, I'm doing eastern next year, so I don't have any first hand experience, but you picked a GREAT ship - so much to do on board from what I can tell.

Do the research on the ship and the ports like people have already suggested. Log in to the RCCL website and they have a pre trip calendar that offers suggestions on when to do what. You can also do all your check in paperwork. Do not wait until you board to do things like book tours, get dinning reservations, etc. You will spend most of your first night waiting in line to see that there is very little available.

Remember this is YOUR cruise. Relax and enjoy. You will not be able to do everything. IMO, people tend to rush and crowd more on shorter cruises. However, if all you want to do is sit out on deck and vegetate all day, then do it! Your biggest disappointment will be that you have to get off the ship too soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter