First Day/Night Plan- thoughts?!

ToffPrincess

Mouseketeer
This is our first time arriving at Disney from inside the US via car (and not from an airport having flown all the way from the UK.) We will be setting off around 9 or 10am from Sarasota which to my knowledge is a 2- 2 1/2 hour drive. I am assuming it will be less tiring than the flight and we may have the energy to do a little park time.

1- Go straight to the MK and have lunch at the Crystal Palace (I have this ADR locked down) and then do the 3 evening fast passes I have booked before returning to the hotel unpacking/freshening up and hitting 1900 Park Fare which is our tradition for a first night.

OR

2- Going to Disney Springs and trying Raglan Road for lunch. Hitting the shops then returning to our room to unpack before our 1900 PF dinner.

The idea of 2 buffet character meals in one day is mildly horrific, but its DS's birthday trip so as usual we do anything for him. Would it be a waste of valuable Disney time not to do the parks? Would I regret missing that afternoon of MK? We aren't the hugest fans of Disney Springs and after 3 weeks of Florida its not like we haven't seen those shops before but I don't really know what else to do on a 1/2 day.

How many park days are you generally planning? What park tickets do you have? I typically won't burn a full day ticket for just an afternoon, but if you are pass holders or have week-long tickets, I'd probably hit up MK.

How many park days are you generally planning? What park tickets do you have? I typically won't burn a full day ticket for just an afternoon, but if you are pass holders or have week-long tickets, I'd probably hit up MK.

Your #1 option appeals to be because I'm also not a huge fan of Disney Springs, especially since you will have "been there, done that" earlier in the week in Florida. I agree with the poster that I've quoted here in that it really would come down to what tickets you have. I generally don't use a park entry on my park hoppers for just a half day unless I've got hoppers that have more days than I need.

We usually do option 2. But we also often arrive on a saturday afternoon and the parks tend to be very busy then.
Since we have APs, after DS and dinner, we often will go to a park for a short time.

Type of ticket really does make a difference. If you only have a 3-day ticket, then there's no way I'd use one of those days for just a few hours. Even a 4-day ticket would be iffy for me. But if you have 5 or more days, I'd go for Option 1.

Type of ticket really does make a difference. If you only have a 3-day ticket, then there's no way I'd use one of those days for just a few hours. Even a 4-day ticket would be iffy for me. But if you have 5 or more days, I'd go for Option 1.

We have annual passes! But I agree with your thoughts 100% I would never waste a days ticket for a few hours. I am leaning towards time in the MK just because I found out Raglan Road has no entertainment during lunch service (only at dinner) and if I go there, I really want the full experience!

Where are you staying? What's the plan for the next AM? When we stay for long trips, 8+ days, we generally like to have the first day be an immersive day. Usually we arrive Thursday and go the emh at MK Friday AM. Depending on time of year that can mean a 7 or 8 am start. If we start that early we are generally low key the night before. We stay at the boardwalk to walk around world showcase, do a FP or two, and perhaps an ice cream at Ample Hills after illuminations. However if you plan to start late the next day I'd pick the park with the latest hours and plan it out

Where are you staying? What's the plan for the next AM? When we stay for long trips, 8+ days, we generally like to have the first day be an immersive day. Usually we arrive Thursday and go the emh at MK Friday AM. Depending on time of year that can mean a 7 or 8 am start. If we start that early we are generally low key the night before. We stay at the boardwalk to walk around world showcase, do a FP or two, and perhaps an ice cream at Ample Hills after illuminations. However if you plan to start late the next day I'd pick the park with the latest hours and plan it out

So we are staying at the Grand Floridian so luckily it is one monorail away from the MK. The next day is supposed to be a Universal day and the only thing Disney we have planned is the Frozen Desert Party that night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter