First Ever DISUnplugged Podcast Cruise Five Alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just have a moment to tell you guys :grouphug: I was sitting in my stupid job today hearing about this poor man who was fired for a Comp injury, had to file bankrupcy, had back sugery, had his truck and his house taken, and all I could think was I can't take this man's misery for one more second, it's appalling, I just want to go on my cruise NOW, thank you very much, I want to make new friends and hug people that feel like old ones, I want to stay up too late and drink too much, I want to read my book out by the pool and make snide comments about how ugly the other ships are in port compared to the Wonder, I want to meet Pete and tell him what a great job they do in person, I want to be WARM, I want to listen to music in the lounge before dinner and find out what the Rainbow thing is all about, but what I don't want to be doing anymore is listening to this very nice man and his very horrible life. My job can be so miserable. I hate other people's pain. And here' s the kicker, the guilt. I'm at least going on a cruise. This man and his wife and two kids don't have a home anymore. :sad1: I'm afraid our impartial court reporter has fallen off the impartial wagon straight into the muck of has an opinion that the employer is a right bas*******!

Sorry. Vent over. :upsidedow

:grouphug:

Can I just have a moment to tell you guys :grouphug: I was sitting in my stupid job today hearing about this poor man who was fired for a Comp injury, had to file bankrupcy, had back sugery, had his truck and his house taken, and all I could think was I can't take this man's misery for one more second, it's appalling, I just want to go on my cruise NOW, thank you very much, I want to make new friends and hug people that feel like old ones, I want to stay up too late and drink too much, I want to read my book out by the pool and make snide comments about how ugly the other ships are in port compared to the Wonder, I want to meet Pete and tell him what a great job they do in person, I want to be WARM, I want to listen to music in the lounge before dinner and find out what the Rainbow thing is all about, but what I don't want to be doing anymore is listening to this very nice man and his very horrible life. My job can be so miserable. I hate other people's pain. And here' s the kicker, the guilt. I'm at least going on a cruise. This man and his wife and two kids don't have a home anymore. :sad1: I'm afraid our impartial court reporter has fallen off the impartial wagon straight into the muck of has an opinion that the employer is a right bas*******!

Sorry. Vent over. :upsidedow

:hug: Sounds like a seriously crappy day. :guilty:

Is there a per diem charge to park at the Dolphin?

Tracy, do you have to pay for parking at the Dolphin?

It's $10 a day to park.

That was fun pretending to be AskTracy :upsidedow

$10 plus tax per day for self parking. $16 plus tax per day for valet.

Thanks Don!! I'm gonna plan on waiting patiently until AskTracy says that they are official. But it does give hope to watch Wishes from the Poly Beach, as we planned. :)

Hours are now on www.disneyworld.com. They don't have the fireworks listed there yet. If you click on the hours though for each day, it does not list Wishes at all.

Hours are now on www.disneyworld.com. They don't have the fireworks listed there yet. If you click on the hours though for each day, it does not list Wishes at all.

I found that to be true on the canadian web site too....whats up with that? Are they still unsure when they will have wishes? I'm confused by all the confusion!

Lauren I hope your tomorrow goes better than your today.:grouphug:

And just in case, it might help to know:If you're reading this on Wednesday

95 Days until "Fun on a Boat!"

AskTracy question...:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Is it too late to buy Trip Insurance? Also are there any companies that you recommend for insurance other than DCL? I'm reading over on the cruise board that DCL's insurance is expensive and it has major exclusions. Thanks Tracy. :goodvibes

Is it too late to buy Trip Insurance? Also are there any companies that you recommend for insurance other than DCL? I'm reading over on the cruise board that DCL's insurance is expensive and it has major exclusions. Thanks Tracy. :goodvibes

No, it's not too late.

You can add Disney's insurance up until you make the final payment. At that point you cannot add their insurance. Here's some info about their insurance http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/insurance.htm. I would recommend that anyone call them (the toll-free number is listed on the page) for any specifics about what is and is not covered.

You can also go to www.insuremytrip.com to find a policy that fits your needs. Some have preexisting clauses, some offer cancel for any reason.

No, it's not too late.

You can add Disney's insurance up until you make the final payment. At that point you cannot add their insurance. Here's some info about their insurance http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/insurance.htm. I would recommend that anyone call them (the toll-free number is listed on the page) for any specifics about what is and is not covered.

You can also go to www.insuremytrip.com to find a policy that fits your needs. Some have preexisting clauses, some offer cancel for any reason.

Thanks Tracy! You rock!!! :cool1:

This won't apply to the vast majority of cruisers but it will for some of us...

I am traveling with a 'new DIS friend' and have a couple questions about it.
•I know that the double bed can be split into two twin beds for those of us traveling with 'new friends'. Do I need to do anything or fill anything out about this or just contact the room people once on board?
•Can the charges placed on your card (and therefore billed to the room) be separated when you go to pay up or do we need to keep all of our receipts to know how much each of us owes?

Thanks Tracy:flower3:

This won't apply to the vast majority of cruisers but it will for some of us...

I am traveling with a 'new DIS friend' and have a couple questions about it.
•I know that the double bed can be split into two twin beds for those of us traveling with 'new friends'. Do I need to do anything or fill anything out about this or just contact the room people once on board?
•Can the charges placed on your card (and therefore billed to the room) be separated when you go to pay up or do we need to keep all of our receipts to know how much each of us owes?

Thanks Tracy:flower3:

You should request with me if you want the beds split (this goes for anyone who wants them split). They can do it when you arrive, but it is easier to take care of this in advance. Some would rather have the sofa bed made up and sleep there, others will want the bed split. I don't make any assumptions.

When you do your online check in (or using the documents you receive), you will have to associate a credit card (or cash designation) to each person in the room. You can therefore put separate cards for each person if you want. WARNING THOUGH: Make sure when you charge things onboard, your Key to the World card is used or you verify with the crew member charging you that it is for you. For example, if Todd is not the one purchasing a drink at the pool and the crew member just asks for the room number, it will be charged to Todd because he is primary on the room.

Morning Todd! Not Tracy here, but just had this same situation. We split the beds by talking the room steward when we got there. That was great! And when we were checking in at the terminal, I put my credit card on my room key and her credit card on her room key. It worked out great. HTH and I'm off to work. Y'all have a great day! :grouphug:

You should request with me if you want the beds split (this goes for anyone who wants them split). They can do it when you arrive, but it is easier to take care of this in advance. Some would rather have the sofa bed made up and sleep there, others will want the bed split. I don't make any assumptions.

When you do your online check in (or using the documents you receive), you will have to associate a credit card (or cash designation) to each person in the room. You can therefore put separate cards for each person if you want. WARNING THOUGH: Make sure when you charge things onboard, your Key to the World card is used or you verify with the crew member charging you that it is for you. For example, if Todd is not the one purchasing a drink at the pool and the crew member just asks for the room number, it will be charged to Todd because he is primary on the room.

Great, thanks.
Should I send you an official e-mail requesting the bed split? Neither of us really want to sleep on the sofa bed.:sad2:
I'm sure that shouldn't be too hard to remember to do....and why do you assume it'll be a drink? And why wouldn't I be drinking it?:lmao: :lmao:

Morning Todd! Not Tracy here, but just had this same situation. We split the beds by talking the room steward when we got there. That was great! And when we were checking in at the terminal, I put my credit card on my room key and her credit card on her room key. It worked out great. HTH and I'm off to work. Y'all have a great day! :grouphug:

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing your experience.:thumbsup2 :bitelip: :bitelip:

Oh, thanks for asking this question. I keep forgetting to get my insurance. I have read good things about Travelex. I used them on my last cruise, but didn't have to claim anything. I know they have kids free, but I don't know their age cut off for a kid.

Great, thanks.
Should I send you an official e-mail requesting the bed split? Neither of us really want to sleep on the sofa bed.:sad2:
I'm sure that shouldn't be too hard to remember to do....and why do you assume it'll be a drink? And why wouldn't I be drinking it?:lmao: :lmao:

an official email with assure it gets done. Thanks!

:rolleyes:

No, it's not too late.

We went with the Insure My Trip website for our insurance. This is the second time we've gone through that website to find our insurance. So far, we haven't had to use it...

We found a company through Insure My Trip that would allow for us to cancel for any reason, but you have to purchase that insurance within a certain amount of time of booking your trip. I want to say that it was within 10 days of putting down a deposit for the cruise...if you want the cancel for any reason option on it.

In case anyone cares, I'm not following thread four anymore...I was getting too confused :rotfl2:

D'oh!!! 4 was cut off!!!
pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: Yay Aspen got the last post!! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

And the final standings were:

jeanigor 668
dpuck1998 399
shellyminnie 379
scarlett873 374
Launchpad11B 360
cocowum 348
DLBDS 309
DVCsince02 297
spaddy 195
georgemoe 172
aspen37 152
Tonya2426 133
Madi100 119
kab407 114
katscradle 101
3guysandagal 99
ADP 96
UrsulasShadow 93
OKW Lover 69
stenogoddess 67
chirurgeon 57
Dodie 56
aGoofyMom 56
winotracy 54
tickledtink33 52
Yvet 32
exwdwcm 27
firsttimemom 24
halliesmommy01 20
maiziezoe 19
sandyh67 16
klam_chowder 16
lttlmc3 10
aaronmckie 7
TheBeadPirate 5
chickie 5
calypso*a*go-go 4
LMO429 4
drakethib 3
Cruz Family 2
froggy5657 1
phopkins1958 1
ElphabaThropp 1

Dang...and I was gunnin' for that 2nd place spot...:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter