First Ever DISUnplugged Podcast Cruise Four Sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's locked!

I'm not last there. (Congrats Mindy!) Am I first here?

Edited to add: HOORAY!!!! :cheer2: :beach:

We're one thread closer to the Podcast Cruise!

Congrats on the first post Dodie!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Ack!..... whew, made page 1.

Update: Todd is okay. He responded to my e-mail this morning. He has been ill, but doing better.

Suntans: I plan on getting a base tan at home, and maybe a few trips to the tanning bed (I know but only like 3 or 4 times). And getting a spray tan to even things out. I'm gonna be glowing (hopefully not orange).

So I'm down 5 pounds. I know it's water weight, but hey, it's something.

Glad to hear Todd is OK. :hug: I'm hoping to lose 5 - 10lbs or at the very least firm up "my jiggly bits" (as our friends across the pond would say). :teeth:

I'm frustrated with the park hours too. I'm a big planner. Especially when we travel with the kids. I try to take full advantage of EMHs and special events I know they would enjoy.

We mostly do table services for breakfast and the rest is counter service or back at the hotel. So without park hours to help me decide where to eat, I'm going nuts!

I'm usually a big planner but with this trip being so short we're just going to wing it. :thumbsup2 What is really freaking me out is the inability to make my August ADR's. Oh how I miss the 180 day rule. :sad2: :sad: :upsidedow

Wow - thread 4? I say there will be at least 15-20 by May!!!!

Good to hear about Todd - I was worried about him!!

Suntan - I'm used to the sun living here in Florida but it is ten times worse when on water. DON"T FORGET SUNSCREEN!!!!

My best friend and I went on a cruise and she got sun poisoning because she wasn't used to the sun, and she was wearing sunscreen!!

Not sure what we're doing in Nassau - depends on the podcast team and what they have planned. However, on Castaway Cay, we are going parasailing :scared: and I might do the stingray excursion. Of course, I have to do the stingrays by myself because Jaime is too chicken to go. Something about them being 'icky' :confused3

I can't believe I missed the first 5 pages of this thread! Guess I'll have to make it up with an extremely large post count! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was hoping to get a pretty good tan. :beach: I typically don't burn but your post has me a little worried. Maybe, I'll have to use a little of Paul's sunscreen. :scratchin

I can't believe it's almost time to book excursions. :hourglass

I can't believe I missed the first 5 pages of this thread! Guess I'll have to make it up with an extremely large post count! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was hoping to get a pretty good tan. :beach: I typically don't burn but your post has me a little worried. Maybe, I'll have to use a little of Paul's sunscreen. :scratchin

I can't believe it's almost time to book excursions. :hourglass

I usually hit the tanner a little just so I don't burn on vacation. I don't burn easily, but if I do its trouble!

So...I almost gave up getting new luggage yesterday. We were at my favorite electronics store, Fry's, and came across a camcorder that i've had my eye on for awhile now on sale. It turns out it was last year's model and it was more than half off the original price! So we bought it...it's one of those waterproof ones by Sanyo. I was so excited and I volunteered to give up my new luggage for it. And then we got home and opened it up...it had been one of those previously returned packages, which is normally not an issue for me. But the dang thing had no battery and no battery charger! So I did some research online and found that I could get this year's version of the camera for about $30 more than what I paid for last year's model...and it has the battery and charger in it...so i'll be returning the one I bought yesterday and buying this year's model on Amazon!

And i'm still getting new luggage...:rotfl: I just can't decide what I want.
I'm so jealous that you have a Fry's! I love that place. :thumbsup2
I'm now leaning towards this set...I don't want a great big suitcase as we have several of those here at home and we never use them now. I just want one of the 25-26in suitcases and a carry on sized one.

I'm so indecisive...

This is my favorite set, so far. :thumbsup2 Love it!::yes::

Wow. It's all quantity vs. quality with you folks, isn't it? :sad2:
Where are my props for being post #1 to the new thread? :rotfl:

Thanks to all of you who have now rightfully acknowledged my being first to post on the new thread. :lmao:

I am sure dreaming of that cruise on this snowy Indiana afternoon.:beach:

Hey all, man...a guy goes to Chicago for the weekend and you shut down the other thread, start a new one and let Mindy take control! I'm back home so I'll try to keep up :rotfl2:

I made it thru all the post and doesn't sound like I missed to much, but congrats Jen keep it up, I think I gained the 5 you lost over the weekend. Time to get back on the workout regiment!

and I NEED park hours!

lastly! Exciting new, I get to book my xmas trip tomorrow! whoohoo....
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Good Luck on your ressie. :thumbsup2 Did you decide to go concierge?

I tried to book concierge for our Dec trip but the CM was a newb and was so slow :crazy2: that I missed out! :headache:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Good Luck on your ressie. :thumbsup2 Did you decide to go concierge?

I tried to book concierge for our Dec trip but the CM was a newb and was so slow :crazy2: that I missed out! :headache:

We decided just to do Savannah View. Mostly because we want to stay in the Kidani Village.

Just curious about how many of us are actually planning on getting off the ship in Nassau.

I doubt Val & I will. Especially if there are any podcast events while in port. We've been to Nassau before and didn't find anything that made us want to repeat it. We're not big gamblers so the trip to Atlantis isn't very appealing either.

Wow. I missed of few pages since Thursday. Closing a quarter at work and it's pretty much business only for me the last half week. That and I had an ice issue on the roof of the house. Spent most of the day Friday removing ice. I'll have to post photos. Some things need a fixin' in the Spring. :)

So lets see. What I missed. Cabin upgrades. This might concern me. I've hand picked a deck 2 mid ship cabin for Deb's comfort and piece of mind. If we were moved up and for or aft it may be cause for concern. Personally I'd love the upgrade anywhere but Deb comes first.

Mindy has the last post in three. :cheer2:

Dodie has the first post in four. :cheer2:

Brandie shops for new luggage but buys a junk camcorder. :rotfl2:

Todd is ill but ok. :thumbsup2

There is tanning discussion. (Acceptable over purse and bag talk.) :lmao:

Jeff is accused of cheating with multiple one word posts. Listen here. Post padding is nothing more than making up for lost time. Good work Jeff! :goodvibes

People are freaking out over no May park hours.

Enjoy your Sunday. :wave2:

That sounds like an interesting combination. What does it look like and where did you get it Tracy?

I don't pay much attention to the luggage talk as we're driving down and it's not an issue. HOWEVER, what is the limit regarding luggage onboard? I have (2) 30"ers. These babies are pretty heavy when packed full. Plus, I'll need a couple of separate but smaller bags for FE gifts, shoes etc. So, what's the deal AskTracy? Thanks!

I have a nice backpack laptop bag, but I have too much camera equipment to hold it all in the backpack. How much camera stuff does your hold?

Here is what I have http://www.tamrac.com/frame_adv.htm.

5549m_open.jpg

5549m_closed.jpg

I usually leave one lens home but I have a 70-300, 14-24 and 18-55, plus three waterproof cameras, all chargers and the laptop that fit inside without problems.

I don't know what I'm going to do about luggage either. I don't want to take anything really big because of the space, but then again, I will need something bigger than what I normally take because of all the "goodies"

I like the idea of packing an extra duffle bag. I might just take my regular sized suitcase and then an extra duffle bag to carry stuff home in. Since I don't have to worry about flying then I can put out more than one bag.

I think that solves the problem!!!!
I'm definitely going to need my "Big" luggage for this trip. Between the fe crap, the pirate crap, the dresses and shoes for dinner, I have a lot of crap.::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter