• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"First Family" Dream

KSU4TC

Earning My Ears
Got back Saturday from our week Disney vacation.

Could NOT have started out any better. I had been reading on this website about how people have gotten their "dreams" to come true, so I knew there were different winners/prizes.

Anyway, before heading to MK on the first day (Monday), I told my wife we were gonna get a dream.

Well, we got off the tram and started walking towards the monorail to take to MK. Out of nowhere, two cast members approached us and asked if we'd mind going with them. My mind was RACING! Didn't know what we had "won"... thought it might be the stay in the castle or something bigger.

We were then informed that we were the "First Family" and would get to ride in the front part of the monorail. We got a certificate, a polaroid of us about to get on the monorail plus some trading cards.

It was amazing. Even though it was small (compared to other dreams) we were VERY thankful that we got chosen. The rest of the week I only saw one other cast member holding a certificate to give to give a dream to some other lucky person (it was right when we walked in to get the Princess autographs/pics in Toontown).

Anyway, just thought I would share. When I get the pics downloaded and video on YouTube, I'll share.

I haven't even looked thru all of them, but I know one of the cards has some history of the monorial (I think). We were just too excited to look at them when we got on the monorial, then we put them in our backpack.

As the nose of the monorail goes to a point, so does the bench seat that is in the front. It's one big bench seat and the driver sits at the opening of the V.

It was great, the monorail stopped right outside the Contemporary and we were there for what seemed 5 minutes while we checked out everything, including the construction below.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter