First half of first DVC stay - Poly or SSR or BWV (or whatever)?

chazas

Mouseketeer
My first stay on DVC points! A friend is joining me for a few days at an SSR 1BR for the second part of stay, they want to be close to Disney Springs. For the first part of the stay I could be in a studio at SSR, or Poly lake view. I have (well, will have) contracts with a significant amount of points but I also want to go every few weeks this next year, and Poly costs twice as much as SSR standard. (though it would only be for a couple of days). Help me make this extremely important and life-changing decision. :tongue:

The deities decided by taking the availability away while I was pondering so I used my two waitlists on BWV and BCV standard studios, will let the deities decide that too.

Last edited:
I suggest waitlisting P/G studio at BWV as there are much more of those so it's more likely to come through.

I suggest waitlisting P/G studio at BWV as there are much more of those so it's more likely to come through.
Understood. You're right, and at the moment I have two waitlists to use. It think since it's only a 2 night stay it makes more sense to waitlist each night separately at a higher capacity category. Done.

I’m a big fan of trying new. You’re already staying at SSR with your friend.

So I recommend trying the Poly unless you have stayed there before.

So I snagged a BWV boardwalk view room for the second night. Should I cancel my pool/garden waitlists and waitlist boardwalk view the other night? I suppose I could do that and then waitlist a 2 night pool/garden res.

In my ongoing mini saga that no one should care about except me, I now a BWV pool/garden room for one of the nights and a boardwalk room the other night with waitlists for each of the other nights. I hope I’m doing this right by shifting waitlists around as things become available.

This is how I'd attempt it and I think you'll be successful in getting two consecutive nights in the same room category. good luck and keep us posted as to how you make out!
In my ongoing mini saga that no one should care about except me, I now a BWV pool/garden room for one of the nights and a boardwalk room the other night with waitlists for each of the other nights. I hope I’m doing this right by shifting waitlists around as things become available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter