Handicap Parking

ScottyandJeannie

Earning My Ears
My wife is in a wheelchair and needs the Handicap parking. Am I correct in assuming that after 2pm in any of the 4 parks, handicap parking is impossible?

My wife is in a wheelchair and needs the Handicap parking. Am I correct in assuming that after 2pm in any of the 4 parks, handicap parking is impossible?
At MK and Epcot you might have to park in Medical Overflow parking, a section over but adds a distance to the walk. Since MK is already a walk it can be a bit much in the afternoon heat. But it's Handicapped parking area is so small even in the morning you might end up in overflow.

AK we never had an issue with finding a spot but I think perhaps the nature of the park is folks arrive early then leave as it heats up so perhaps that is why slots open. DHS has a much better lot now but again it can fill up fast and you might end up in the next section but luckily you can try for spot closer to sidewalk by Skyliner.

So you might get lucky and find a spot someone has vacated, or you might have to park in Medical Overflow which at least isn't regular parking.

I would not say that. There is a peak in crowds every day, but people come/go all day, and then there is a drop off in the afternoon.

They may get sometimes get full (I don't know enough to know), but we often park in the (General public) lots and have walked past empty marked spaces mid-day. I am inclined to say people come and go from those parking spots all day, so it is possible you might have to hunt a bit, but - again from what I've merely observed- WDW allows disabled guests to look for/park in the open spots. Come evening, spots do open, so like going to Epcot for dinner should be doable most days.

We often arrive after 2pm. Magic Kingdom is perhaps the worst. For the reasons noted above. We find Epcot to be the easiest. You will often see a cast member blocking the entrance to the medical parking as you get close to it at Epcot. Like they somehow own it. Just pull up and they will waive you through. Though sometimes they try to get you to park back a bit further. In reality, we have never really had an issue at Epcot except one time.

I don't recall any issues with Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. Though you may need to drive up and down a few aisles before you find an empty spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter