First impressions - Fantasy 3/2-3/9

Betsyp

DIS Veteran
Before I even start -In the car, on the way back from lunch to the Port, I thought I had lost my passport! We were actually on line at the port, could see the ship, and I was freaking out! It turned out it fell behind some luggage šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ¦‰

I love the Fantasy- I feel comfortable on the ship, not overwhelmed at all. I decided not to swim today since Iā€™ll have plenty of time for that - the adults only pool looks nice, but Iā€™m stoked for AquaDuck!

I expect Iā€™ll be taking advantage of the soft serve, lol

So, something tricky ā€¦this is our MDR rotation

Unfortunately the 2nd AP is the night I have reservations at Remy. Iā€™m either going to switch if I can or cancel - no way Iā€™m missing the magic animation.

Sat: Animatorā€™s Palate

Sun: Enchanted Garden

***PALO dinner

Mon: Royal Court

Tues: Animatorā€™s Palate

Wed: Enchanted Garden

Thurs: Enchanted Garden - PIXAR

Fri: Royal Court

I can't wait to hear all about it! While we love any DCL trip, the Fantasy is our favorite. We'll be back on her in May. If you run into Michelle or Yoyo (cast members), say hi from Erica and Todd, ha ha!

Defintiely don't miss the Animation show! You're going to have a great time, no matter what.

Sorry about the passport issue but I'm glad it all worked out. Thanks for a live report and I hope you continue to enjoy! Good luck with Remy.

I can't wait to hear all about it! While we love any DCL trip, the Fantasy is our favorite. We'll be back on her in May. If you run into Michelle or Yoyo (cast members), say hi from Erica and Todd, ha ha!

Defintiely don't miss the Animation show! You're going to have a great time, no matter what.
I will!
2 things:

The CM said they donā€™t allow single riders on AquaDuck in high winds, which he said is mostly sea days. Iā€™m not blaming them since itā€™s apparently a safety thing, but that is Sooooooo disappointing. It means I either have to ask strangers if I can share or I just wonā€™t be able to do it

Also, I cancelled Remy dinner - I saw the menu and I donā€™t want to complicate things w/ chef - there were a few too many things that I didnā€™t want to eat.

Iā€™m fine - Iā€™ve got the dessert experience, and also Palo

I will!
2 things:

The CM said they donā€™t allow single riders on AquaDuck in high winds, which he said is mostly sea days. Iā€™m not blaming them since itā€™s apparently a safety thing, but that is Sooooooo disappointing. It means I either have to ask strangers if I can share or I just wonā€™t be able to do it

Also, I cancelled Remy dinner - I saw the menu and I donā€™t want to complicate things w/ chef - there were a few too many things that I didnā€™t want to eat.

Iā€™m fine - Iā€™ve got the dessert experience, and also Palo

Please report back about Remy Dessert. I feel we don't hear enough about that (and I'm doing it next month so I'd love some details).

Fantasy is our favorite ship! We sailed the end of January and the aquaduck had the high wind sign up the whole cruise - we did go thru some rough ocean on the cruise. Hope you have a great cruise!

Fantasy is our favorite ship! We sailed the end of January and the aquaduck had the high wind sign up the whole cruise - we did go thru some rough ocean on the cruise. Hope you have a great cruise!
Hopefully that wonā€™t be the caseā€¦but, o have no shame, lol - if I have to ask a stranger to share, I will, lol

Unfortunately the 2nd AP is the night I have reservations at Remy. Iā€™m either going to switch if I can or cancel - no way Iā€™m missing the magic animation.
Yes, one tip for newbies is to book specialty dinners within the first few nights of the cruise, not the last few nights. It seems counter-intuitive because newbies especially are eager to try each of the rotational restaurants, but there is no need to try them all before specialty dining. On 7 night cruises, the last few nights' dinners usually have better menus and yes, that is when the Animation Magic show happens, as well. You'll also have more "room" for all of the food from specialty dinners early in a week-long cruise, than you will later on.

Yes, one tip for newbies is to book specialty dinners within the first few nights of the cruise, not the last few nights. It seems counter-intuitive because newbies especially are eager to try each of the rotational restaurants, but there is no need to try them all before specialty dining. On 7 night cruises, the last few nights' dinners usually have better menus and yes, that is when the Animation Magic show happens, as well. You'll also have more "room" for all of the food from specialty dinners early in a week-long cruise, than you will later on.

Good points! I have Palo tomorrow - yum! Chocolate souffe!

Iā€™m surprised AP - magic is so early, but then they have Pirate and Pixar day

I cancelled Remy dinner - Iā€™m fine with that

I'm on the same cruise and was passing the pool bar near Cove Cafe and overheard the bartender tell a guest they were out so... Also does anyone know the drydock schedule for the Fantasy, the ship really needs some TLC. Our veranda is in tough shape with paint missing and very rusted weld seams. The stateroom carpet is ripped at a seam and furniture is pretty scratched up. Besides all the dings still having a great time. See attached veranda photo. That missing paint is about 5 inches in diameter.

20240303_153408.jpg

We just got back from the Fantasy. Definitely our favorite ship. I concur with what insureman said, our balcony was showing signs of wear and tear and there were several places around the ship that need a facelift. Sure hope someone knows when she goes in to drydock.

We did the Remy dessert experience and it was fantastic! Loved just about every dessert, but especially the lemon! The chef was from Scotland and he came and explained each dessert and cracked a few jokes. Word of warning: the servers will ask you what kind of water you wish to have (sparkly or flat) and if you don't know to say "flat tap" they will bring you bottled water and charge for it. We, being a bit naive, just said flat and our server never even suggested that there was a charge. We did not know until the bill came, and the worse thing is: he came around mid way and asked if we wanted more and we did, so we got charged twice! Our server was from Italy, don't remember his name, but he was a jerk and the ONLY castmember we had that we could not stand. We watched other servers being nice and engaging the other guests at this experience and ours was just rude and the water situation didn't help.

Hope your cruise is as fantastic as ours!

Lisa

We just got back from the Fantasy. Definitely our favorite ship. I concur with what insureman said, our balcony was showing signs of wear and tear and there were several places around the ship that need a facelift. Sure hope someone knows when she goes in to drydock.

We did the Remy dessert experience and it was fantastic! Loved just about every dessert, but especially the lemon! The chef was from Scotland and he came and explained each dessert and cracked a few jokes. Word of warning: the servers will ask you what kind of water you wish to have (sparkly or flat) and if you don't know to say "flat tap" they will bring you bottled water and charge for it. We, being a bit naive, just said flat and our server never even suggested that there was a charge. We did not know until the bill came, and the worse thing is: he came around mid way and asked if we wanted more and we did, so we got charged twice! Our server was from Italy, don't remember his name, but he was a jerk and the ONLY castmember we had that we could not stand. We watched other servers being nice and engaging the other guests at this experience and ours was just rude and the water situation didn't help.

Hope your cruise is as fantastic as ours!

Lisa
Iā€™m so excited! And, I love Scottish accents and Scottish people, so Iā€™m in love with him already, lol

Thank you for tip about the water - Iā€™m so sorry about your server - thatā€™s terrible; did you speak to management?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel youā€™ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter