First timer questions

Is it weird to just bring my own Keurig? I'm local, so pretty sure I can put it in my luggage and just bring it to the room. I can't be the only one to want to do this, I hope. Ha!
I bring my own. I won’t use a hotel coffee maker because “I’ve seen things” so....

Cool, thanks for input, everyone. Will see if I can stuff my Keurig for my 5 night stay. Especially during Christmas week, I feel like having a nice cup of coffee at night in the room or walking around the Poly must be nice and relaxing.

We will be staying with our son and his family at the Riviera. They are members. It's everyone's first time at a DVC resort. I understand the 4 day towel/trash and 8 day cleaning, but what about daily trash? I am on dialysis and have a box of trash (no medical or hazardous waste) daily. Is there a dumpster I can bring it to or do I have to let it pile up until day 4? Also, should we bring extra coffee and filters or is what is provided sufficient for a pot a day? Any other tips for first timers? Thanks in advance.
I recommend buying the refillable mugs for all your beverages. You can usually find a housekeeping cart in the hallway and ask the cast member for additional coffee packs/refills. We usually need to ask for extra laundry detergent and dishwasher powder too.

OP, my brother is on dialysis and brings his supplies to WDW also. He has A LOT of boxes for his 5-7 night trips. He takes the 2 boxes/bags he uses to the trash in the AM or in the evening before he starts his cycle again.

Coffee, we bring our own (Community coffee drinkers) but we have purchased a smaller Keurig that we may start bringing. Housekeeping will give you more coffee and towels. We called one day and they sent up so many towels! We were in a studio a couple of weeks ago, so no washer and dryer. If we have a washer and dryer then I will start a load when we wake up-switch them over and fold them up when we get back from the park.

My brother has been on dialysis for many years and goes to WDW at least twice a year. They drive from Gulfport but I know the company he uses for supplies will ship them to the resort.
Thanks for the info. Yes, it's so many boxes and supplies. This will be our first vacation on dialysis that we have to fly to. We do a lot of RV'ing and did do a 6 night Disneyland trip(we are able to drive). We were there the week the "2 week pause" was announced.

I recommend buying the refillable mugs for all your beverages. You can usually find a housekeeping cart in the hallway and ask the cast member for additional coffee packs/refills. We usually need to ask for extra laundry detergent and dishwasher powder too.
Thanks. I don't drink l sodas and just have the morning coffee so the mug is probably not for me. I might bring a pack of ground starbucks just in case.....

Last edited:

We will be staying with our son and his family at the Riviera. They are members. It's everyone's first time at a DVC resort. I understand the 4 day towel/trash and 8 day cleaning, but what about daily trash? I am on dialysis and have a box of trash (no medical or hazardous waste) daily. Is there a dumpster I can bring it to or do I have to let it pile up until day 4? Also, should we bring extra coffee and filters or is what is provided sufficient for a pot a day? Any other tips for first timers? Thanks in advance.
We have brought our coffee and filters since 1996. LOL. and we go often! trash, there will be places to toss, flag down a housekeeper and they will either take it, or tell you where nearest trash can is. The best advice I can give you... make a plan and stick to it.

I bring my own. I won’t use a hotel coffee maker because “I’ve seen things” so....
with covid, we will be running everything through the dishwasher before we use it, believe me, LOL. We also bring small bottle of dawn antibacterial, we even use that to wash clothes, but be careful, only a little bit or you will have suds for days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter