First-timer reveals all Part 2

kirkone

Earning My Ears
About the food-- We found the dining room food to be very good. We are not to difficult to please and our palates our typical southern American. We like it simple in other words. We stuck with the suggestions of our most wonderful dining room attendants Tim and Maday. The service was terrific and my children still ask for Maday at home to stir their tea and wipe their faces. I keep telling them we are not at sea any longer unfortunately. But seriously, the service we received from these 2 men was more than enough to make me want to cruise again. The kids loved them and would not miss a meal because of these guys. While I was most impressed with the dining room meals, I really did not care for the food at Topsiders. The choices didn't appeal to us and sometimes the food seemed to be over cooked. I think they could do better especially with the breakfast meal. We had much better breakfast and lunch food at the sit down restaurants than this buffet. The grilled food and pizzas on deck 9 were good and we ate this food often for lunch. The bar drinks were weakly mixed to me but I would just ask the bartender to make it a little stronger and they always did so with a smile.
:p This is probably a good place to tell you my shocking nudity encounter with room service and my comments about the room service food.We thought room service was a great benefit on this trip and we used it often maybe a little too often. On Friday we had stayed very late at CC and were in a hurry to get the kids to practice for the kids show the cast members help them put on so DH had rushed the kids into shower and was going to take them down to the club while I showered for the show that would take place in about an hour. He left the room with the kids and forgot their kids club name tags and his room key so he quickly returned while I was on the potty. Please forgive all this bathroom talk here but this story warrants the full description. I got myself to the door to let him in and I made some comment to him about how he should not forget his key and he'd better hurry. I got myself all soaped up in the shower ready to shave the legs and low and behold I hear that nutty forgetful hubby knocking on the door again. So, I just threw back the shower curtain and preceded to the door in anger and all my birthday glory to give him a piece of my mind and instead I gave one room service delivery man a sight he probably still has dreams about. DH had ordered the room service thinking we'd get a bite before the show but had neglected to mention it to me. The poor fellow dropped the tray at my feet. I tried to slam the door. Of course tray was jarring the door open and I had to jump back into the bathroom screaming I'm sorry I thought you were my husband. What an embarrassment for the both of us. It has taught me to ask who is it? before opening any door. DH got back to room and nearly had a heart attack laughing at me. Stay tuned for part 3. I promise there are no more nudity stories only excursions, CC, and disembarkation.

Oh my gosh, you almost just made me spit Dr. Pepper all over the computer screen!!! Not sure my boss would like that. ;-) That was just tooooo funny... I hope you're able to laugh about it now. :cool:

I'm really enjoying your reports. I'll be taking my first cruise in February, and my son will be almost 6 then. Your tips are really helpful to me! Thanks for posting... I'm looking forward to part 3. :-)

-gina-

No more nude stories???!!? Will scarcely be worth reading further :) Great trip reports, ahhh, the stuff memories are made of!!!

Oh Cathy - wish I could have heard that story in person - tooooooo funny!! I bet that delivery guy is still talking about that night....

Can't wait to read the rest!

That is a classic story. I'm still trying to get my breath and I can barely see throught the tears in my eyes to type. Thanks for the great laugh!! :)

That was so funny! :) :) What a story! HA!

Thanks for the reports and giving everyone a chance to lol!

Thanks for sharing that with us -- your trip reports are great -- can't wait for the next one! I'm still laughing!!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh the stories those Room Service people must have to tell! This has to be one of the most unusual! ROFL!! Will you be providing us a trip report segment on the nude beaches of St Maarten? Sorry..couldn't resist, LOL!!

Hi Cathy!

We had the divine pleasure of hearing first hand about Cathy's room service escapade. And I can tell you she had us in complete stitches telling this story. We all met as posters on the DIS board. I called Cathy the 5th day of the cruise as we had not met in person yet. She visited our cabin and we had a great chat. We share the same profession (both RPh's). On the last night of the cruise my DH and I were going to take a Final stroll on the deck when we ran into several DIS members we had met. Cathy came by and I asked her to share her story with the others. She mentioned it to me coming out of the Kids Magic Show and I could bearly stop laughing then! We were all ROTFLOAO! by the time she finished!!

DH and I never made it up on deck, but I would not have missed this time of sharing with new found friends for the world!!!

Cathy, thanks for having the courage to post your story! It will be one of those things you laugh about for years to come!!

Jacquelyn:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter