first visit

j3mom

Mouseketeer
this will be our first visit to universal studios. how many days do you really need to enjoy the park, can you do it and be satisfied in one day? kids are 15,13 &11

There are 2 parks, US and IOA, and we like to spend 3 days total in the parks. One day for US, one for IOA and one to hop between them.

so everyone who reads this thinks the same that three days is what is needed for US?:confused:

I think each park deserves it's own day, then one more to go back to what you missed or really liked!

If you really want to do everything in the parks you do need 1.5 days for each. I might even do 2 days in each to be safe. Seeing the ages of your kids they might want to semd more of the time in IOA due to the thrill rides there.

Of course everthing is relative, for some folks a week isn't enough, for others 15 minutes is too much (don't read too much into that, it refers to an old post made by someone trying to incite a riot).
Anyway I think 3 days is the optimum number, for the same reason other have said: 1 day in each park and a third day to go back to favorites. That is to say 3 days gives you a good taste of the parks, it really is not enough to do every single thing at both parks. We stay 3 days at a time, but we have visited 9 times in the past year and still enjoy it every time.
If you have the onsite hotel perk of express access to the attractions you will definately be able to cover more ground, but if you organize your day and make use of the park maps and express pass system you'll get to see and do most of the major attractions on your list.
Enjoy
:jester:

Originally posted by tinaluis
There are 2 parks, US and IOA, and we like to spend 3 days total in the parks. One day for US, one for IOA and one to hop between them.

I also sent 3 days at the 2 parks because it was so fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter