Fishing,accelerating modifying and MEP

Updated INFO
Non-LL attractions at Disneyland are excluded from MEP usage according to the app
They are still allowed at Disney California Adventure.
Is this still the case? We got our trip next week, and all the techniques in this thread are new to me. Do the other things (fishing, accelerating, etc.) still work?

Last edited:
Is this still the case? We got our trip next week, and all the techniques in this thread are new to me. Do the other things (fishing, accelerating, etc.) still work?
Everything should still be working. As noted above, the only big change has been MEPs at Disneyland are apparently limited to LL attractions now (plus Pirates, I think).

Everything should still be working. As noted above, the only big change has been MEPs at Disneyland are apparently limited to LL attractions now (plus Pirates, I think).
We used this technique last week. Our MEP had two listed exclusions (Peter Pan and Rise), but the only non-LL ride I remember seeing listed as included was Pirates. I didn't try to use it on a non-LL attraction, though. We kept it in our pocket all day to accelerate and then used it for a second ride on Indiana Jones in the evening. We received it on MMRR.

We used this technique last week. Our MEP had two listed exclusions (Peter Pan and Rise), but the only non-LL ride I remember seeing listed as included was Pirates. I didn't try to use it on a non-LL attraction, though. We kept it in our pocket all day to accelerate and then used it for a second ride on Indiana Jones in the evening. We received it on MMRR.
So MMRR must be Golden Tier. I wonder if the others remained the same tier or they "removed" one from that tier to add MMRR?

Does that mean if we get a MEP in the morning we can ride all future LL bookings immediately?

Does that mean if we get a MEP in the morning we can ride all future LL bookings immediately?
Yes. We got ours early and when I used our first non-mep lighting lane, I'd just book the next geographically closest LL ride. Very efficient. And I didn't have to worry about getting the same return time as the other family we were with.

Can I tell you a secret? Both of those barcodes are the same. They’re both your admission barcode.
So the weird thing is, they aren't the same barcode. The actual pattern that is scanned is different. (take screenshots and compare!). However, for the sake of accelerating, they function the exact same way. To "ease suspicion" or at least not have to take 10 minutes to try and explain to a CM what you're doing (not that this has ever happened to me or anything...) just use the multi-experience pass barcode. It still works - I've done it.

So the weird thing is, they aren't the same barcode. The actual pattern that is scanned is different. (take screenshots and compare!). However, for the sake of accelerating, they function the exact same way. To "ease suspicion" or at least not have to take 10 minutes to try and explain to a CM what you're doing (not that this has ever happened to me or anything...) just use the multi-experience pass barcode. It still works - I've done it.
But the bar code for your actual LL is not available to view (and thus scan in with) until your LL window opens. So if you are accelerating, you can only either scan your MEP barcode or your ticket barcode, since your LL is for a later time. If the LL barcode is up to scan, you can just scan in because you are within your time window for that LL.

I’ve read that prior to rope drop we can ask a CM if a ride will be down at park opening so we can grab a LL for that ride and hope for a MEP. Which CMs are most likely to know that info? Thanks!

I’ve read that prior to rope drop we can ask a CM if a ride will be down at park opening so we can grab a LL for that ride and hope for a MEP. Which CMs are most likely to know that info? Thanks!
It is rare when they know. Most of the time they will only know what attraction is down for rehab.

My recommendation is book for Railway or Indy first.
Keep an eye on any LL return time before rope drop that seems to have a later than normal return. More than likely that is a sign it will be down at opening. Try using the refresh trick to get an early return.

When park opens keep an eye on Indy, Railway, Matterhorn, and Space Mountain (especially SM if closed during EE).

Last edited:
As of 8/19/2023...
Disneyland Gold Tier MEPs
Indiana Jones (most likely to go down during the day)
Space Mountain
Matterhorn (most likely to go down during the day)
Haunted Mansion Holiday (holiday version only)
Small World Holiday (holiday version only)
Disneyland Silver Tier MEPs
Haunted Mansion (non-holiday version)
Big Thunder Mountain (most likely to go down during the day)
Small World (non-holiday version) (most likely to go down during the day)
Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run
Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin (most likely to go down during the day)
Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters
Star Tours
Autopia

Disney California Adventure Gold Tier MEPs
Spider-Man Web Slingers (most likely to go down during the day)
Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout (same for non-holiday and holiday version)
Toy Story Midway Mania (most likely to go down during the day)
Disney California Adventure Silver Tier MEPs
Incredicoaster (most likely to go down during the day)
Goofy's Sky School (most likely to go down during the day)
Grizzly River Run (most likely to go down during the day)
Soarin
Monsters Inc (most likely to go down during the day)
Now that Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is no longer an ILL just wanted to chime in and say that it is on the Golden Tier list. Just got one this morning.

Small World Holiday down as of our 8:45am LL and still has not converted as of 9:25am though! Tick Tock

But the bar code for your actual LL is not available to view (and thus scan in with) until your LL window opens. So if you are accelerating, you can only either scan your MEP barcode or your ticket barcode, since your LL is for a later time. If the LL barcode is up to scan, you can just scan in because you are within your time window for that LL.

Just to clarify, scanning the MEP will not actually use the MEP if you have a LL for that attraction later? So while you are scanning the MEP, it will use the LL and the MEP will remain in place and came be used again?

If that’s correct, I think I’ve finally wrapped my mind around this.

Just to clarify, scanning the MEP will not actually use the MEP if you have a LL for that attraction later? So while you are scanning the MEP, it will use the LL and the MEP will remain in place and came be used again?

You are correct! If you have a MEP and LL scheduled, it will use the LL. Of course, your MEP needs to be the appropriate tier. (You can also scan your ticket barcode).

Yes! And you have to be VERY careful when you scan in. I have thought that someone didn’t scan properly and rescanned them. That “burned“ their MEP. So sad…. So be very careful when you scan that each person‘s MEP only gets scanned once per ride.

Anyone know how this works with DAS? Are MEPs scheduled like LL and DAS? Or do you just walk up and use it at that tier ride? Will it take the MEP or DAS first when I scan in? 🤔 This is my first trip using genie+.

Looks like there hasn't been any activity in this thread for a while. Does Accelerating still work? Planning a trip for August and haven't been to DL in many years, so I'm reading everything I can find on G+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter