Flirtatious gay CMs

polarboi

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had experiences with cast members becoming a little extra "friendly" when they realize that you're gay?

I'm a 20-something gay guy and I often go to Disney with friends of mine who also happen to be gay. And I have this running joke with my friends that I can't seem to go to a Disney park without having at least one CM start flirting with me.

Now, it's not like I'm so drop-dead gorgeous that guys are constantly falling all over each other to talk to me. And this doesn't happen to me anywhere outside of Disney parks.

I'll admit, I'm a friendly guy, and I do go out of my way to say hi to the cast members (of both sexes and all orientations) and give them a smile. But again, this is something I do everywhere in life, even when I'm not at Disney.

And yet it never fails... at Disneyland, I asked a CM where the lockers were and he ended up dropping everything he was doing to chat with me at length, and later shouted hello when he saw me passing by again. At MGM, an attractions cast member asked if I was CP (I always get asked that) and when I said no, chatted with me for a while before giving me his phone number. At MK, a CM made conversation with a friend and me and told us to come back and see him again - then even went to the point of telling other CMs which location he had moved to in case we came back while he was gone. At Epcot, a restaurant CM gave me a "magical moment" certificate ("for bringing your friend on his first trip to WDW")... with his e-mail address on the back. :rolleyes1

I mean, are the gay CMs starved for affection? Are they just really bold because of the gay-friendly atmosphere? Or did I stumble upon some weird pheromone that only works on Disney CMs? :love:

-p.b.

P.S. Don't get me wrong... I love it! It just proves how magical WDW really is! I just wish I got that kind of treatment outside of the parks too! :teeth:

OK, I don't get their phone numbers, but I do get their attention once they get that Gwen and I are together, and, yes, they've gone out their way in the nicest possible way. I love it!

Dont worry Seattle, from your screen name, I would probably go out of my way to be nice to you! GRRRRRRRRRR

LOL

OrlandoMike said:
Dont worry Seattle, from your screen name, I would probably go out of my way to be nice to you! GRRRRRRRRRR

LOL
Well, thanks! that's so sweet of you to say!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

My regularly scheduled program was cancelled tonight!

No more Book of Daniel :sad1:

someone was just commenting about this on the DCL boards. seems her brother and his friend (both straight) were staying a few cabins down from them, and while they didn't receive any special treatment, her brother and friend were presumed to be a gay couple and got plates of treats delivered to their room every night lol. IMO, i just say enjoy it...being gay can set you up for all kinds of treatment, and ususally not the good kind, so if the CMs in the world want to sprinkle little extra pixie dust, all the better :earsboy:

OK, I'll admit that I don't look my best when I'm on vacation (shorts and sandals rather that high heals and suits) but I'm not a complete ogre and I've never gotten any attention! Maybe I'm not giving off the right vibes ... or maybe I need to practice my flirting skills;) . Something is definitely wrong here!!

I think thats awesome!! Thats hysterical... hey whatever works!!

Has it ever happend while they were in a character costume where you coudlnt see thier face?

I know Buzz Lightyear was flirting with my BIL a few years ago.. It was so funny, and he s not even gay!!

Chris and I are at WDW all the time and rarely have any flirting coming our way! But there was one time when we were eating at Mama Melroses, Me Chris and his Mom and the waiter was almost all over me :confused3 He even gave me an extra desert because I loved whatever the heck I had! :rotfl: Chris and his Mom got such a kick out of that!

micknpluto said:
Has it ever happend while they were in a character costume where you coudlnt see thier face?

Reading this got me thinking about something that happened to me once on the Liberty Belle River Boat. It was 1997 and my parents and I had gone to WDW to kinda help my dad get over my grandmother's passing. Well we went on the Liberty Belle and they had Davy Crockett and some of the Country Bears from the Country Bear Jamboree walking around and mingling with guests on the boat. Well, i was sitting by the railing and not really paying much attention to the bears, while my mom was having a ball with one of them. A second bear came over and sat next to me and I looked at him and smiled and shook his hand. He sat with me and I started watching my mom "playing" with the other bear. Well, it was prolly like 7 or 8 minutes later but I realized that the bear that came and sat next to me was still holding my hand! I kinda pulled my hand away in ebarrassment and he made a "I'm sad now" expression. I have to believe that it was a guy in there, either that or a rater tall girl, as this was the tallest and goofiest of the Country Bears, Liver Lips. I remember thinking to myself afterwards while still on the boat that I wished I had let him keep my hand, it was freezing that day and that bear sure kept my hand warm!

I also remember Tigger playing with Chris' hair on our forst trip there together, and he( I assume it was a he) was hanging around our table and going through our bags to see what we bought..... :smooth:

These stories are great! Yeah, the situation with my BIL and Buzz. It was my sister and brother in law they took my niece to WDW. They went up to Buzz so my niece could get her pic taken with him and the whole time he was motioning my BIL to take a picture with him. my BIL is a built guy, (he's a personal trainer and works out a lot) and he 's one of those guys who shaves his head bald. Buzz kept pointing to his head making a hand motion like saying "no hair" like yeah nice bald head.. (its hard to explain) well, later that afternoon during the parade, Buzz must have spotted him again and pointed at him from the parade and was doing the same gesture again.. with his hand over his head..

does that make sense?? I hope so,, but it was funny.. I'm assuming it was a guy in the Buzz costume. My BIL thought it was funny.. :)

Ok well i'm 14 but uhmm so they like actually start "flirting" with you? That's cool...

micknpluto said:

LOL... well... my friend and I did get a lot of attention from Tigger during a character meal, but that one is my fault. ;)

I adore Tigger... he's one of my favorite characters. :love: So on this particular day, I was wearing Tigger boxers, and we were eating at the Crystal Palace. When Tigger came by the table, I told him with a smile that he was my favorite character. He acted all happy (as you'd expect). Then I felt a little mischievous, so I whispered to him that I was wearing Tigger boxers in his honor. :blush: Well, he got a kick out of that, acting first shocked, then embarrassed, then intrigued. We got a lot of attention after that, and Tigger started motioning to my friend's pants as if to ask if he, too, was wearing Tigger boxers. (He almost looked like he was going to peek for himself!) We all laughed about that one.

Now whether that was flirting or just playfulness, I don't know, but it sure was a lot of fun. And no, I'm not normally the type to tell people what I'm wearing! But hey, it's Tigger. ;)

-p.b.

Now whether that was flirting or just playfulness, I don't know, but it sure was a lot of fun. And no, I'm not normally the type to tell people what I'm wearing! But hey, it's Tigger.
:) Cute!

I would do the same. Just like when I show Pluto & Mickey the tatoos I have of them!! I act like they are "real" people when I see them.. It's the Disney Magic I guess.. :wizard:

My bf and I call this "the pink underground".

One time we wanted to visit Disneyland so I called to make a reservation at one of their hotels, I asked for king sized bed and the cast member told me that this would make the reservation more expensive. I told him that we'd settle for 2 beds then.

Then it came time to give him of the other adult traveling with me, as soon as he heard the name of a guy he said "tell you what, let me get you a king bed for you two at no extra cost."

We have many examples like that one at Disney parks. It's one of the benefits of being a part of the community!

When we were on the August Repo cruise they had cancelled our reservations for a Palo brunch the day we were going to the Panama Canal and notified us prior to departure. Needless to say, I was very upset because we were llooking forward to having brunch while going through the canal. The first night on board I went to Palo to talk to the manager to see if he could fit us in. He looked at me, winked, and said we have to take care of one another, but don't tell anyone and gave us a reservation. He made a point of coming to our table when we ate dinner there a few nights before the brunch to see if we needed additional reservations. We declined because reservations are so difficult to get, but I am glad he took care of us.

No one ever gave me their personal contact information, but I did sense that the gay cast members appeared to be "extra friendly" when dealing with me. And I still wonder about the Piglet at Crystal Palace who gave me one of the heartiest hugs I have ever received. ;)

Neither Joe nor I have ever been given phone numbers or email addresses (ya shamless hussy! LOL!) but we've definitely been the recipient of some rather flirtatious CM's. Admittedly, we both look like a couple of soccer dads so nothing ever really happens until they realize we're together. Flirting is fun and harmless! And it definitely makes one or the other of us feel pretty darn good lookin'!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter